Road Map Train Sim World 4 Roadmap: July 2024

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Harry, Jul 9, 2024.

1. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Honestly, if its actually going to be TSW5 like many people speculate (and me too tbh), I'll be one of the many disappointed customers. Y'know I totally understand the monetary part behind it, needing additional revenue etc.
    But just from a players' point of view its just super annoying.
    So first, the new content that is or is not interesting is locked behind a paywall. Ok, good, revenue for DTG although the way of getting the revenue is not the finest.
    But what about all the community content in that case? Just as an example, in TSW3 I had many mods for linke Rheinstrecke. One fixed the 103's engine room being accessible, the other one was some repaints for the coaches in blue IR and EC colours, the other one was said repaints being incorporated into the timetable. When TSW4 released (besides adding the now fixed PZB Bug in the 103!) the only mod that worked for me was the engine room being made accessible. The whole variety (of which there still is not really much) of the route was gone with the timetable replacement mod being incompatible. And thats just 3 mods out of a dozen and more.
    And with the community editor being released with TSW4 (where you still can't easily publish your content, right?) the list of extremely useful mods which definitely help tremendously bettering the experience of the game is just getting bigger and bigger.
    But ok, lets say mods will be compatible day one, which I'd highly doubt to be honest but you never know.
    We'd still have to download and install our whole collection again, which also got bigger over the last year.
    Then, and I'd say this would be an absolute safe call, the "old" pre TSW5 content will definitely be imported into TSW5 with new annoying bugs which will then take ages to fix and probably are many superficial tiny little things.

tl;dr

If its actually gonna be a TSW5 and not some "Rush Hour" style bundle/update release like in TSW2 I'll genuinely NOT buy it any time soon as even I am severely p*ssed off about this. And I'm one of the few people that, besides being very critical at times, still enjoy the TSW franchise the most compared to other sims.

Oh, and you better release the expert 101 and the steuerwagen for TSW4, ha ha

• Like Like x 14
  2. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

If you didn't see the stream, the 158 is NOT getting timetabled services on Fife *UNTIL* Leven is added

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's more expensive than a standard loco dlc. No price mentioned

4. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Dare we dream that it might be both?

5. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

thanks for clearing that up appreciate it, the way the roadmap read to me was that the class 158 was now having no timetable services on fife circle at all.. at least this means there will be at some point which is a relief, the fife circle timetable desperately needs the class 158 in my opinion!

• Like Like x 1
  6. dnv3

dnv3 Well-Known Member

Damned, but my feeling says 20$+

7. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

Not sure where it will be/I’d guess it myself, but going by the US currency usual it seems likely I would be surprised to find it under $20, US $ often just say come under that as standard prices.

8. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Well then i'm not buying the 158 until Leven is added lol.

Fife is in a dire state- i thought that was the entire point of the 158 DLC?

I seriously don't get their project management lol.

• Like Like x 5
  9. pedro#1852

pedro#1852 Active Member

and as I predicted, they will release contents of 0-3 months section of roadmap for tsw4 and it will stop there, 6 months forward section will only have access those who purchase tsw5 with 3 routes for standard package and a few more things for deluxe and special edition packages

tiring...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bravo2six

My guess is that they'll build a timetable based on 2024 running, and then have it set so that they can add in anyother stock as it comes, one of the 158 screenshots has a HST in the background, so I'm guessing that might also make an appearance

• Like Like x 1
  11. adam#5121

adam#5121 Member

Whao

12. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Was like listening to politicians. Lots of talk but nothing said.
    Roadmap is boring without wonderful Harry...

wink.gif

Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
  13. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Okay, as expected, TSW (202)5 is coming.
    For me it is okay as it will be another reduced bundle like the years before. Wouldn't have bought ALV or CJP as a single DLC but so it added some variety to my gameplay
    Just don't like this announcement of announcement play. If there is something to tell now: do it. If not: Don't talk about it

• Like Like x 1
  14. gwrphil811

gwrphil811 Member

interestingly though the HST in the background seems to be albeit lighting would be weird in GWR livery unless it’s custom livery. Interesting it’s there though and fingers crossed it is a positive thing not just a possible slip up with screenshot taking. Will be interesting to see if the is any official comments about it.

15. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I hadn't even spotted the HST lol. I wonder if thats a "leak" for the Inter7city HST

• Like Like x 1
  16. darrentee01

darrentee01 Member

I tend to try and not be negative but in this case I tend to agree with what's said here,andnot much point in putting new content to be announced , also however in as much myself I play ,enjoy and support the product ,please not a train 5 already!!!

• Like Like x 6
  17. Bravo2six

They never slip up with the screenshots, it's a deliberate choice. Scotrail did use Ex-GWR HST units while they were waiting for refitment, so it could be added in as AI for E-G just for a bit of added traffic.
    If it was a hint of the I7C variant, it likely would have been liveried already, but who knows :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Indeed, had a fair few trips on them in 2019 when they had just started to enter service but the majority had yet to be reliveried.

Attached Files:

19. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Active Member

They did mention in the stream that there was a tease in one of the pics.

20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DB 101 IC Livery

21. FreddieTheShepherd

FreddieTheShepherd Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with that! If TSW5 is coming, they just should say it and we would save our lifetime with discussing and arguing about another number after the letters "TSW" and promised features that don´t work as expected and come 11 months too late....:|

• Like Like x 4
  22. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

The timings on releases are interesting, assuming the 5 Dovetail Direct items are 3 routes + 2 locos, like with TSW4, that means there will be 6 routes and 4 locos all releasing between October and December, and that's not including the Just Trains route.

As they already recorded the Dovetail Direct last week it suggests that the routes already listed on the roadmap were never the next ones due for release, the 'annual release' routes appear to be already in the can (well, probably with QA), with the ones annouced earlier actually set to release after those.

I wonder whether the success of Blackpool Branches has them thinking they would make more money releasing new DLCs soon after the annual release, but it's resulted in a 5 month gap between route releases. Although, I guess any delay is good in the long term as I would rather polished routes to how they rushed Maintalbahn out last year.

• Like Like x 1
  23. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice the working Ebula for the expert 101.

They were surprised no one noticed it or brought it up in the chat. Screenshot_20240710-132714_YouTube.jpg

24. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Well, cause thats not the EbuLa :P
    This is the MFD (?) where you can set up the loco and do all of that stuff.
    iirc the EbuLa display will be there as always, but it'll act as a hidden menu to turn off features like the failures and so on.

• Like Like x 2
  25. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I have certainly not seen a working EBuLa. The only glimpse I could see of an EBuLa was in the cab car and it was empty, just like in any other German loco:
    upload_2024-7-10_21-59-30.png

The EBuLa on the 101 is on the right side and the only picture we have seen of this monitor was the interaction with the fault simulation.

I didn’t notice anyone being surprised, either?! Have I missed this?

The developers were pretty clear on this point, not to expect this, as it is a route topic more the a loco topic. Hence, I am not expecting a working EBuLa…

• Like Like x 1
  26. sir#5236

sir#5236 Member

Why can’t I Create Husky formation with containers ? It’s would be cool if Dovetail could add other load options with SMH Husky load (Vehicles , shipping equipment,etc ) Furthermore In Livery designer you can’t even add a container to customize.

2nd Question

Since I can break apart the MP 36 or F40 Gallery set and add one custom car to my formation on formation designer , when SB LINE comes out can it plz come out with a set you can break apart in customize like the F125 Set.

27. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

wasn't there something about train sim world tycoon? maybe the 5 new dlc is that?

28. rennekton#1349

It's made by roblox developers and separate. Dtg are only publishers

29. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Well I assume TSW 5 is coming this summer as the Xbox Game Pass for TSW 4 is expiring in 20 days. This is only more evidence that a new game is going to release because why remove the addons from Game pass unless your going to make a new game. They did this same exact scummy thing with TSW 3 fiasco. If TSW 5 does indeed come out [EDIT - Jan - Language] DTG and their scummy practices I'll be done with this greedy company. I hope they get backlash they deserve if yet another money hungry shame of a game (TSW 5) is released that we have to pay for.

DTG already had zero reasons to make TSW 4 with the purchase incentive being so lame and not justified. Thank the Lord for Xbox Game Pass so I do not need to buy TSW and give DTG any money because they don't deserve it especially for such a greedy company with a former EA CEO. I don't understand why DTG can't fix the CORE issues and stick with one game. DTG's reputation is down in the toilet now (and has been since TSW 2). They can say what they want but the truth is they know what they are doing.

I am going to be watching DTG these next few weeks as we near closer to August 20th. My hopes are going down day by day now. I remain skeptical however... have a good one yall and remember to keep your comments respectful and necessary. I am surly not going to respond to comments that are not necessary

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  30. pedro#1852

pedro#1852 Active Member

omg, so dtg's CEO is a former EA CEO??? this explains absolutely everything that has been happening recently with this company, add that to the fact that dtg was sold to focus entertainment and boom! an EA 2.0

• Like Like x 8
  31. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

is that your game pass subscription or dose it actually say game is expiring in 20 day?

32. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Nope, he was a vice president in EA's European arm. He also left DTG when Focus bought it.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

As noted on the Microsoft Store either via web or the Xbox version. TSW 4 and it's related DLC is expiring in 20 days. Meaning TSW 4 and it's DLC is going to be removed from game pass in about 19 days as of 7/12/24. I took a look prior to making my post and yes I can confirm it does indeed say that on the store. TSW 4 will be removed from game pass in 19 days as it's DLC says it's expiring in 19 days. You would not remove TSW 4 from game pass or it's DLC unless your making a new game SADLY... This same exact thing happened with TSW 3 around the same time last year when TSW 4 was being speculated. I still can't believe we are on the 4th version of this terrible game. It has good ideas, a good premise and promise but is lost with such greedy developers at DTG and their apparent biases as well.

Yes my apologies when stating that. I should have been more specific but yes your right. But anyways he was still responsible for the terrible practices that occurred at EA and there is no excuse for him being at DTG either. That is why DTG has some greedy practices as this is what was rubbed off from EA. I am referring to Paul Jackson. He does not care about you, he just cares for money.

34. Spikee1975

Without him, you wouldn't have TSC and TSW. He saved the financially troubled Kuju Rail Simulator (who ironically paid a lot of money to buy themselves out of the oppressive publishing contract with EA), that would likely be dead and gone long ago. Nothing wrong with founding a company that makes money and creates jobs for a lot of people, and gives you two train simulators.

And it was Paul Jackson who was responsible for keeping RW/TS updated and not release a new game every year, he stated that very clearly that he doesn't want players to rebuy the game each time core updates happened. People that came after him made different decisions, most likely Mr. Rissik who followed Jackson as CEO.

It's nothing criminal, and it's their own decision how to run their company to stay competitive. Train simulation isn't a market where to make lots of money like doing an FPS shooter.

Without clever entrepreneurs wanting to make money, you'd not be sitting in front of your PC, console or Smartphone. Or even have a paid job.

From Jackson's presentation in 2014
    2024-07-12 12_00_48-Window.png

Credit where credit is due. This man gave jobs to a lot of people, and made many thousand simmers happy, especially by making TSC the most versatile and content offering train simulator available.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. bakedpotatos.jm

Most businesses don't care about you and only care about money.

It's literally the definition of a business, if not it would be a charity.

Welcome to a capitalist society.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Spikee1975

Sounds a bit black and white thinking.

DTG are giving us a game that we like to play, regulary offering sales, donating free keys to charity organisations like HumbleBundle and creating jobs and supporting young talents.

What do you expect? The CEO calling you on your birthday sending personal greets? Inquire about your overall health? Doing that for thousands of customers?

I don't get this anti capitalism sentiment, it brought more wealth to people than any other system before in human history without needing to be maintained by force like communist systems (Personal note: my father was jailed for speaking his opinion by the commies, who threatened my very young mother to take away her boy - me (It was common practice to put the children of "defectors" into "true-to-the-line" families). The West helped us out of that in 1977, namely a famous german politician named Franz-Josef Strauss. The Commies sold their political prisoners for - money!). Of course it's not without flaws, because we as humans are not without.

They make money so we can play games, a luxury, that should not be forgotten. Nothing wrong at all. I don't need their care, that's what friends and family are for.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 13
  37. bakedpotatos.jm

I was just quoting others in the thread that say the CEO of DTG doesn't care about you only money in bold letters.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

I agree with a lot of previous messages: if DTG launches Tsw 5 on 20th august, i will not buy it because there have been too unresolved bugs since TSW 2. The suspensions' effects had to be included in the game from his launch. You can't add it after 11 months and to launch a new game after few days. It is a joke. But, the only way to buy the new game is to have multiplayer mode in tsw 5.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Funky_Strudel

Funky_Strudel New Member

If TSW5 comes out, will probably wait for a long time, unless they release some route that I seriously need to play.
    I have no problem with sequels and I have unhanded a load of money on TSW since the start, the only content I don't have are the newest US cargo routes, which I don't enjoy and some "duplicate" trains like Railbow or Dispolok.
    As a hard working person, that can pay for "nonsense" as an adult, that I had to pirate as a poor kid and student, I don't have issues with most things nowadays if they are fair and I can feel the sentiment of others.
    IMHO releasing brand new core game annualy, is quite fast... I'd love some staying power and I can feel the sentiment, of DTG being basically developing nonstop, the product never finished and bam, here you go, snow effects, lighting etc. buy the new game if you want new content. For me, owning lot of the content, it creates the side effect of some of the fairly recent routes and content being outdated quite fast or having compatibility issues or basically changing plans and abandoning some projects. And to be honest, on console, Livery Paint or Route Manager is quite limited anyway, so I am not enjoying these features at all even in TSW4, even tho I'd love to create some real life alternative paints for some trains or my own routes, if I could use the extensive railway complete with sidings to do some fan scenarios, but you are usually locked on the basic stations and to go from point A to B.

Still, TSW is my favorite sim for driving trains closest to the real life experience, therefore if I am nitpicking, it's because I care :)
    I do aknowledge the ongoing support, repairs, remasters etc. and coming from Auran Trainz and load of enthusiasts, I am actually grateful for the work, as I am not missing assets, I don't have to look forward for countless projects of same routes that will never get finished or lots of freeware/3rd party stuff basically vanishing in time with people losing the interest or domains.

Long story short, I would also prefer one core game, that I don't have to buy over and over annualy, with long term support and you basically buy routes and trains. And if new game comes out, it will be a blast with groundbreaking features.
    It's not 90s anymore, to have like 6 versions of Street Fighter 2 or 3 because you need to add few characters and have to ship a new game because of that.
    But I can see how this is better business wise, you simply HAVE TO buy a new version to enjoy up to date content :)
    To do it annualy is a bit of stretch, again IMHO.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  40. pedro#1852

pedro#1852 Active Member

If dtg releases tsw5 it won't be in august, it will be sometime in september, in august it will only (and most likely) be announced
    I still hope it will be a rush hour style bundle of three routes, but according to focus, tsw franchise consists of an annual paid release, so I don't see this possibility

• Like Like x 1
  41. joffonon#1689

joffonon#1689 Well-Known Member

Except in the July roadmap the Dovetail Direct stuff is in the 4-6 month section; so that's October to December.

• Like Like x 3
  42. pedro#1852

pedro#1852 Active Member

hmm it makes sense

43. joffonon#1689

joffonon#1689 Well-Known Member

Possibly even November to January.

• Like Like x 1
  44. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

My guesses for New Content are the following
    1.) Hong Kong-Guangzhou HSR brings the Union Workshop CRH trains to the game
    SCMP Video of CRH 1E & 2E sleepers

Keep in mind the shorter Sleepers are the Hong Kong Shanghai via Wenzhou/Xiamen trips in game.
    2.) Germany Duisburg/Bochum Arnhem remakes HRR with Netherlands extension
    3.) US Raritan Valley Line
    4.) UK Calder or WCML over Shap
    5.) UK WAML/GEML

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
  45. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

We will definitely not see China soon, at most Japan is on the horizon)

46. sir#5236

sir#5236 Member

Anyone else having issues with using the SD70 ACE on AVL? The horn on the AC 4400 is terrible, I would like to use the SD70 ACE, but can't shift foward only stuck in neutral.

47. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Alex When is the Release for the Expert 101 Cabcar because it was Said end of July

48. pedro#1852

pedro#1852 Active Member

I'm not DTG Alex but release date must be announced next week

49. rennekton#1349

The release date will be released when it's appropriate and ready to release. You need some patience.

50. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I too wish they would fix the core issues, and leave four as it is. I really don’t want TSW5 but DTG want our money, I am not giving them mine, l already have 100 add ons so plenty to keep me busy. If they stick with Four then l will still purchase the add ons. I think l will be disappointed on August 20th though.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 4