Train Sim World Service Randomizer

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Zigg, Dec 22, 2019.

?

Most wanted feature

Poll closed Jan 16, 2020.
  1. Dark theme

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Option to configure time of day

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Configuration presets (UK only, no DLC...)

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Zigg

Zigg Member

Hi everyone!

In May 2019, I started developing a randomizer tool for Train Sim World. It allows you to randomize all routes, locomotives, locomotive types, weather presets and services in the game, and configure which of these should be in the selection pool. In addition to this, you can limit the selection process to a particular time interval, and enable real-life weather.

https://brr3.github.io/tswrandomizer/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Zigg

Zigg Member

Update: All RRO and BR Class 31 services have been added.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This strikes me as a good tool for those times when I want to drive something in TSW but cannot decide what to choose on my own. Does it include freight services (especially those that include switching) as well as passenger runs?

4. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

It does include freight services, and allows you to filter what locos you want to use, and if you want to drive freight, passenger or both. I believe however it does not say whether a freight service includes switching or not

5. Zigg

Zigg Member

Correct! I could add switching information in the future.

6. Zigg

Zigg Member

Update: You can now configure the tool to only select services during a particular time interval. For example, you can configure it to only select services between 00:00 and 06:00.

7. LastTrainToClarksville

I've made my choices in the randomizer -- now what? Does it just take effect the next time I start TSW?

8. Zigg

Zigg Member

My bad for not clarifying this. There is no integration whatsoever between the randomizer and the game itself. This means you need to manually enter the choices the randomizer spits out. The easiest you can make it is to use the tool from the browser in the Steam in-game overlay, or on a mobile device. To actually run the tool, you need to click the button labelled "RANDOMIZE" on the last page of the site, which you can get to by clicking "SKIP CONFIGURATION" on the first page. Let me know if this helps.

9. LastTrainToClarksville

Looks very interesting, but somewhat complex for this 75-year-old, who will just stick with making his own, one-at-a-time selections.

10. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

This is a really cool tool! Two thumbs up from me.

11. Zigg

Zigg Member

Update: Integration with Trenomarcus' timetable website https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com/. If enabled in the "Extra Settings" menu on the bottom page, a link to the full timetable for the randomly chosen service will be generated. This feature is disabled by default. It works for all routes except Northeast Corridor and Penninsula Corridor, which are still work in progress.

12. Zigg

Zigg Member

Update: All East Coastway services have been added, along with integration with Trenomarcus' timetable website for the route. Peninsula Corridor has also been fully integrated with his site.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zigg

Zigg Member

Update: All services for Oakville Subdivision and MP15DC DLC have been added.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zigg

Zigg Member

Update:
    • Added changelog button!
    • Added randomization weighting factors (route, locomotive and service). Previously the randomizer was weighted by route, which meant each route had an equal probability of being selected, disregarding how many locomotives were on each route and how many services each of those had. You can choose weighting factor in Extra Settings.
    • Added option in Extra Settings to see probabilities on the result screen for route, locomotive and service. Now you can see how lucky you are!
    • Improved layout of Extra Settings screen.
    • Added DB BR 204 locomotive and services.
    • Fixed integration with SMTimetables for some routes which recently broke.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Zigg

Zigg Member

Update:
    • Added all services for TSW 2. None of these has been integrated with SMTimetables yet but all have live weather support.
    • Added all HRR services with SMTimetables integration and live weather support.
    • Moved Time of Day selection to the 'Extra Settings' menu on the last page.
    • Moved the toggle for Live Weather to the 'Extra Settings' menu on the last page.

16. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Loving your work. Any new updates coming?❤️❤️❤️

17. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

When LGV will added to TSW Service Randomizer

18. Zigg

Zigg Member

Thank you! The content currently missing is DB BR 363, C40-8W, IOW, HMA and LGV. The main reason for this is that I haven't had a huge urge to play the game in the past couple of months and thus haven't bought much DLC. I think I will be picking something up in the current Steam sale though! Most likely HMA and the 363.

19. Zigg

Zigg Member

See my reply to phillip.good. Most likely won't pick it up until it's on sale.

20. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Cmon Zigg, update with newer routes!

21. Zigg

Zigg Member

Hey. Thanks for your interest!

My interest in TSW has not changed much since my previous couple of posts (meaning it's still low). This is the main reason I have not updated the site. The secondary reason is that the rate at which new DLC are coming out is increasing, meaning the cost per month to own all the DLC in order to keep the site up to date is also increasing. Combined with the first reason, this makes it too expensive to keep up.

The third and final reason is that the code for the site is a bit of a mess. It is made with raw CSS, so no Bootstrap or anything like that, making it harder to update the UI. On the JS side, all services are part of the website package instead of being fetched from a database (assuming the database is quick to reply). This means that the more services I add, the longer it will take to load the site, and that is not a good place to be in. Ideally, services would only be loaded when you click randomize and be based on your configuration, or when you view the list of services for a route. Due to all these issues, I have been thinking of remaking the site, possibly using React and Bootstrap. But at the very least, I want to move over to using a database for the current site.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a time frame for when I might do these things, but I will make a post in this thread when I have made progress.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Gasdesh

Gasdesh Member

QThis is just great

23. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

No lie, but I have my own way of ‘Randomizers’. I wrote down all the services for all the routes I have, and then use number generators and digital spin wheels to see what service I get.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1