Train Simulator 2020 – Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Sep 19, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Take on new challenges and enhance your journey with Train Simulator 2020, which is available now

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. shbrocrafter

shbrocrafter Active Member

Sad that I don’t have PC to run this masterpiece on :(

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Why is there no complete my collection or be able to purchase on it's own I would like to get the new nuremburg route. But at this point the only way to get to get it is to buy the TS2020 bundle package for which I have and already own the the content other then the new route.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I rather think that's the whole point of making that route exclusive to the TS2020 package. ;) You get the TS2020 update for free anyway so just wait a few months until the TS2020 package is on sale and buy it then.

5. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Want to check with you first before goes further about this upgrade program of Train Simulator 2020. I had no problem to upgrade the program from Train Simulator 2019 to Train Simulator 2020 but was surprised to see that I did not get three routes that were shown on the startup of Train Simulator 2020. I wonder about those three routes and do I have to purchase all three routes that show on the startup page of Train Simulator 2020. If I suppose to get those three routes with the upgrade program of Train Simulator 2020 and what should I do with this program? Start over again to reinstall or wait till later to see if the three routes will installed in the program.

Thank you,

John

6. Michael Newbury

I already have TS2020 it updated this morning but the new route is not there, and when I check the steam store it is not a part of what I own. And when you search the steam store it is at the bottom of the list of content for the game. When you click on it ti is a part of a bundle, and warns you that you already this content and will not receive an extra copy of these.

So I guess what I am asking is if I do buy it that way will it give me the new route.

7. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Good to see you, Michael and yes I have checked and don't have all of three routes in my Steam list. Guess that I have to purchase those three routes sometime but first getting the American route, Norfolk Southern N Line then later with two others. Oh well that's life.

Thank you again,

John

8. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi John,

In the same way as every year, everyone gets a free update that improves the core software technology and any bug fixes we've made. We don't believe our existing and loyal customers should have to pay for these improvements. However, in the same way as all our other add-ons, if you wish to own the three routes, you will need to purchase them.

When you do go to buy TS2020, Steam will likely advise that you already own the product. This is normal and is a limitation of how Steam works and you can safely continue ahead. Once you've purchased TS2020, the three routes will be added to your collection.

I hope this helps clear things up for you but if you have any problems at all, please let us know at dovetailgames.kayako.com

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Steve -- I misread the information about the routes and thought oh I will get the three routes free with the upgrade program of Train Simulator 2020. No big deal about the routes and will have to purchase the same as before. Right now I am going over to Steam to check the routes to see if I would like to get.

Thank you again to you, Steve

Cheers,

John

10. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

My pleasure John,

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Newbury

Hi John good to see you as well,

I have since gone back and had to purchase the bundle package after seeing TrainSim Steve's message and it did give the new route. DTG used to have a complete my collection but it appears that has since gone away. It's a shame because that was a great feature that you could get what you were missing from the bundle package.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

That's what I thought about bundle package and this time -- nope. Oh well. Just the update program from 2019 to 2020 in Train Simulator.

John

13. Wolf

Wolf Member

One question, there were some issues with the Route Editor, namely that the 64-bit version could introduce rounding errors.
    Which has also been observed in the scenario editor, occasionally, but too a lesser degree.

Any word on this?

The Graphical options look good though.