Train Simulator 2021 – Birmingham Bound!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-ChrisTS, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Agree, but then we run into the length issue which currently is present in TSW. I hope that they get this route up to running at over 35 fps which for me is enough since most TS route on my system settle in the low 40's. I do get in the upper 50's, low 60's on TSW.

2. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Its not an issue more that they have set a time on construction of routes to make it out on time to compete with no one else because they sort of dominate with this end of the genre. It would be nice to have a break of releases and come with something lengthy and lots to do rather than it needs to be out tomorrow.

3. Distant_At_Stop

Distant_At_Stop New Member

Frame rate issue aside though, whilst I appreciate the quality of modelling in some of the route, I have to say that the rest of it (inc., Euston station), is absolutely appalling. When you have straight out issues with poor quality and missing textures, I find the argued logic about the poor FPS relating to a dated game engine to be rather disingenuous.

Let's not forget that there is a far longer paid route for TS out there: Just Trains "Western Mainlines", which is not just longer but covers a much wider area, and yet has no issues with terrible frame rates.

I just really hope that DTG pays attention to the community and announces they are addressing the issues, which I am sure everyone agrees will go a long way into repairing what many appear to see as an irreparable reputation.

EDIT: Terribad grammar

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is fine, but the whole route is actually a base route and then four or five extensions, so the cost is a lot higher

And the frame rates have nothing to do with how long the route is, because the route loads and unloads in "tiles" so the only parts which are in your memory at any one time are the bits just in front, just behind and where you are right now. The rest is not.
    If the tiles in that section are "particularly dense" with items then you may get an issue, but something 30 miles away won't affect it
    MAKING those tiles is what takes the time etc etc