Trolley (locomotive) Building Basics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackDiamond1964, Jul 15, 2018.

1. A friend of mine made my favorite interurban units. The only problem is that they are for Trainz. He said I can use the blender models to get them into TS2018. I know about Blender as I've been building in Blender for about 10 years now. However I am clueless on how to get a working locomotive running in TS2018. So far I've only got buildings and bridges made for TS2018.
    I asked around to see if anybody was willing to work on them for me but I got no takers. This means that I need to learn how to get them working in TS2018 myself.
    Is there some good information on how to pull this off? Is there info on how to get a locomotive (in this case a trolley & freight motors) working in TS2018. Are there any good video tutorials on the subject?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Once again my post fall on deaf ears. I doesn't seem to matter which rail sim it is...I get the same results when posting involved questions. Zero! I said it many times before...It's no wonder why many people walk away from this hobby.
    When I first got into this hobby in 2001, there was always plenty of people around to help out. It's definitely not like that anymore. Most creators seem to be into some kind of clique/group or they are the "here today, gone tomorrow" type of user. Either way, the information is not getting out.

3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Sorry you havent recieved a response blackdiamond. I myself havent got a clue but dont lose the faith just yet. Im sure there will be soneone able to help..

4. I would like to think there are people out there willing to help. I know I've helped people out when I can. I've posted this topic three different threads in the last two, maybe three weeks and got 0 replies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2018
  5. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

When I was at the same position, I relied on the blog THE GRADE CROSSING.
    It is good for begineers.
    Although, it uses 3D Crafter, but you know most of the working principles are same for every 3D programms.
    www.thegradecrossing.blogspot.com
    Blender is best for modelling as now a days 3DS Max plugin by DTG don't work beyond 2016 version.
    Blender Plugin latest October 2017 can be dow loaded from http://jujumatic.free.fr/
    RWTools by MikeSimpson to read bin files are very helpful for begineers.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  6. I have that site saved, but it is a little dated. It would be nice if some Blender users out there started making some video tutorials.

7. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

8. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

9. That's a good start.