Ts18: Explore New Ground!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jun 14, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

A uniquely scenic section of the Longhai Railway, from Lingbao to Mianchi, is available now for Train Simulator, courtesy of Partner Programme developer Simtech Vision!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Ooh! Looks really interesting!

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looks interesting, picked up today looking forward to trying it out.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Had a chance to run the tutorial in the career scenario found it to be perfect in length for learning. Have found some issues with the tutorial itself. The instructions for getting the locos started goes by to quick and there is no button to go back over the last instructions. Once I was able to write down the sequence of steps.

Was able to get going and once couple to the wagons and switched cabs. I was able to repeat the steps to get the other loco started. Once onto the mainline it was smooth sailing to the first siding, with a minor hitch there is no early indication that the speed drops to 45 as you switch over to the siding track. Also found that the train is no very forgiving if you are slightly speeding, it automatically stops the train. Second time through was a little better had a better idea of when to slow down for the first siding.

Still not knowing when to slow down to 45 when entering the yard was tricky but was prepared, slowed down a little to soon. Better to slow down early and not take a speeding penalty, would rather to take penalty for not arriving on-time.

Overall I like the route and with a little more practice to get used to driving on this route, thankfully there is a manual to refer to.