Tsw 2 Upcoming 'rush Hour' Feature

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Apr 11, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt would you be in a position to confirm if there will be flight traffic from an immersion point of view or could you take the feedback into the team please?

Appreciate its new assets but if it can be introduced and it’s not just one plane type that would be super.

Contrails forming on some routes (and moving diggers on clinchfield) would be good too so it’s not so sterile.

Thank you :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Tbh they're so far away things like that are probably not confirmed even internally - the Brighton and Dresden routes have no timetables implemented at the moment.

3. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

For Bakerloo you'd get aircraft flying overhead at South Kenton heading to RAF Northolt (mostly small jets and occasional Hercules), although the Thales Twinstar has been pottering around recently.

4. chieflongshin

Hopefully we got the suggestion in early enough in that case

• Like Like x 2
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Which is why I prefer freight to passenger traffic and switching to through freight.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah. Making a few of these scenery objects have some simple looping animations wouldn't be too hard, but would give the routes more life.

Also a few NPCs around the railway, like they had in the Sand Patch Grade scenarios, would be great as well. I mean you already have the human models with matching railway apparel for the locomotive drivers, you might as well use those models and put a few dudes and dudettes around there and there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the 3 routes will be releasing together, or if it´s going to be one by one as they reach their final stage of production??

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

They will be released toghether, as a bundle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

All sold together as one bundle

• Like Like x 2
  10. solicitr

Well, otoh there is something appealing about a world with just trains in it, and no rotten miserable apes-with-pretensions.

11. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct put it into a special timetable for a test run that includes running it at Max Speed during the off-peak hours rush hour speed runs will be a challenge.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure people don't want to buy a loco dlc that only has 1 service and possibly 1-2 scenarios.....

The older Acela still has my vote for the loco DLC, as it adds more to the route than the Liberty.

The Acela has at least 20 services that can be added to the route, and unlike most DLCs, these trains would be added to the timetable, not just subs of the Northeast Regional.

There is just more to offer with the Original Amtrak Acela vs the Avelia Liberty.

• Like Like x 6
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Playing the BKL doesn't feel like playing a london underground route since most stations have not many passengers

• Like Like x 2
  15. umiedotre9

umiedotre9 New Member

Have you seen the mini-reveal yet? I feel a bit disappointed I have to say. If I am not wrong out of 8 locos/EMU's that are announced 7 are already in the game. For the 3 routes I don't know enough to have an opinion. The Rush Hour concept is pretty solid and much need speed test ed for the immersion For once the price is also pretty fair 29.99€/24.99£ for 3 routes (if I am not wrong) showbox

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Even if many of the trains are the same or similar to existing models, for me there is still a lot of bang for your buck

• Like Like x 5
  17. Clumsy Pacer

Yeah, it is a little bit disappointing that we don't get any truely completely brand new trains to the TSW series, but then again, we're getting 3 completely new (to TSW) and (I'd argue) operationally interesting routes (even though i couldn't care less about NEC personally), and the existing trains are getting work done on them. Honestly I was expecting a new American passenger route, Cathcart and an already existing German route (probably Munich), and as Tank621 said, you're still getting a heck of a lot of stuff for the price of one route. I just hope they don't muck up the scenery/timetables.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well we can't expect to get entirely new trains for every route, I think that's understandable. There is nothing wrong with reusing stock, as long as it's prototypical for the route.

Of course I understand it's more fun to get new toys to play with, but for NEC you actually do. The ACS-64 is new for TSW2, the MBTA F40PH is also a bit different from the CalTrain one, and the MBTA passenger cars will be entirely new, I suppose. Though I agree that all the german routes with the same looking Talents are getting a bit boring, I would like to see some older stock for germany as well. Maybe then I would actually enjoy the german routes.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Clumsy Pacer

Exactly, and for me it doesn't really detract from the package as a whole. If it was just Reisa-Dresden or just Brighton Main Line, then IMO the whelm would've been under.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well the MBTA F40 is a whole lot different, nearly 3 meters longer than the one we have. I am ok with reusing rolling stock on BRD as long as it is correct, which it is (apart from 146.2 being used instead of 146.0). Considering the price tag for three routes I am fine with what has been chosen... IF the routes and timetables are good.

21. solicitr

AFAIK, the Liberty has no services at all; it hasn't begun revenue runs and may still be out in Colorado.

(Besides, it's ugly as a warthog)

22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As much as it's still doing testing runs, it's not only to be seen in Pueblo. It regularly makes test runs on basically the entirety of NEC.

23. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Its been doing test runs the last few weeks on the NEC, which is what the 1 service I mention is (A test run)

• Like Like x 1
  24. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

The 146.2 on Riesa - Dresden is realistic. The S-bahn Dresden does use BR 146.2's, although the 146.0 is more common.

[​IMG]
    A 146.2 on S1 to Meißen Triebischtal

• Like Like x 3
  25. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

News to me, though it makes me glad BRD is one step closer to immersion :D

26. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

I definitely want to take back some of my earlier criticism about the lack of new rolling stock on the routes here. For $30, I am absolutely getting this on launch day. I am genuinely excited for Brighton Main Line and the NEC (even though I would personally rather have the personality of a heavily used AEM-7 over the sleek, blandly modern ACS-64). And Riesa-Dresden with all of its branches looks like a really rewarding and engaging use of rolling stock that already exists from previous German routes.

I hope that the previously released locos being used (that were brought over from TSW2020) will have a little bit of polishing up, maybe some reworked physics to make wheelslip less predictable, maybe some higher-resolution re-texturing -- the crisp, clear stickers on the DB BR 101 coaches really showcase how great textures can elevate the immersion and highlight the detail to which TSW's models are built.

• Like Like x 4
  27. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to be able to ride the Liberty.

28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Class 700 is pretty sure a DLC for London to Brighton with Thameslink livery. 28CB28F9-9BB8-41B3-96C0-8C9F24AC84AA.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  29. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing DTG needs re negotiating with the parent company Govia because the original licensing deal didn't cover Thameslink and if re negotiated Govia should be able to allow DTG adding Great Northern Thameslink in addition to Southern Railway the Green paint on Class 377s

• Like Like x 2
  30. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Govia don't own the 700s so may not be able to give license for the IP. Without that license we won't be getting a 700 any time soon

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But the Class 700 is a Siemens Train and we got already this Trains for the ACS-64 or the BR 182.

• Like Like x 2
  32. ARuscoe

Siemens made the train
    Govia operate the train
    Another company OWNS the train (all of them) and if that company says no, it may not matter what anyone else says

33. solicitr

Thameslink, Southern & Great Northern is a single rail operating franchise, currently awarded to Govia Thameslink Railway. The Thameslink, Southern and Gatwick Express brands are all brands of the same TOC, which is separate from the Govia-owned Southeastern Railway.

• Like Like x 1
  34. solicitr

No.

35. ARuscoe

No what? I looked up who owns the 700s the other day and it's not Govia... It's not even one of the major train stock holders.

• Like Like x 1
  36. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Its likely someone like Porterbrook who buy the trains then lease/rent them to TOCs

so we take your "No", reject it, and give you a real answer not plucked from a half read wikipedia.

37. ARuscoe

Porterbrook were one of the "major train stock holders" I was talking about, so like them, but only for the 700s

38. solicitr

The 700s are owned by Cross London Trains Ltd., which is a joint venture of Siemens and 3i Infrastructure PLC, a venture-capital fund. Effectively it's a Siemens shell company created to own and maintain the 700s: an insurance policy, really: if Govia lose the Thameslink franchise Siemens still has the trains to lease to the new franchisee, or to another TOC elsewhere.

But that isn't really what's important: what is important is that merely owning the trains gives Cross London Trains (or any other owner) precisely zero-point-nought intellectual property in them. Siemens could have, but to the best of my knowledge has not, claimed a trademark in the Desiro's shape like Hitachi has with the 800 series- but only Siemens as the manufacturer could assert such a claim, not CLT.

• Like Like x 2
  39. ARuscoe

Agreed, what's important is which IP holder is stopping the development of this unit in any simulator, because it's not (to my knowledge) officially in any of them, which is odd in and of itself

40. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Hmmm: 3 new routes, numerous new engines and new features -- I'll bet there won't be a user manual available.

• Like Like x 5
  41. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope the Babylon Branch comes to rush hour package sometime in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Jetset-James

Jetset-James Member

This game has the potential to become a really immersive simulator. There are key things, in my opinion that need addressing.

The sky is ghastly, it looks poor.
    The blurring and lack of smooth transitioning when looking ahead, especially on the rails.
    An awful lot more AI especially in sidings, along with an ability to increase difficulty by having variable signal aspects instead of constant greens.
    Passengers and their erratic behaviour.

It is really encouraging to see a great route like London to Brighton! We need more longer routes though.

Really pleased to see NY back too.

Exterior models are outstanding, I just wish it was a busier, more immersive and challenging with more cautionary aspects.

I have high hopes but lower expectations and hope Dovetail can deliver

• Like Like x 1
  43. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

The NEC is back but not NY, it's Boston-Providence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

I hope NY comes to tsw2 anytime. Had a lot of fun doing the bin runs

• Like Like x 1
  45. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

RUSH HOUR has atleast one major weakness that it can't bury with it's 30.00 price tag alone.That big weakness is a almost complete lineup up of recycled trains.This didn't sit well when HHL had it and rush hour may suffer as well because of it.

46. chieflongshin

It’s just over £7 a route. To some extent if the routes are good, you’re getting new passengers etc I can swallow the trains. £7 a route is far cheaper than any sale price

• Like Like x 4
  47. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Anytime you pay £24.99 for three routes, it's a good deal, I won't touch the German route as it doesn't interest me but Brighton Main Line & Boston to Providence for just under £12.50 each is a bargain.

• Like Like x 2
  48. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Even if the routes come with recycled trains, why should it matter? This is only going to become more common with more routes as TSW gets older, there's only a finite amount of rolling stock to go around. And even then, if the stock is operated on those lines irl, then its completely fine.
    HHL was a different situation, because the rolling stock that was used on that route was innacurate. This isn't the case for the Rush Hour routes. In fact, the NEC is getting its ACS-64 reworked, and hopefully improved. It's entirely possible that these routes could see further loco packs and layers too.

Having reused rolling stock isn't really a problem. I would be peeved if they decided to run a Class 395 on the Brighton Mainline, however.

• Like Like x 2
  49. ARuscoe

All of them are getting built from the ground up (or at least from the wire frame), as stated by Matt and Sam a few weeks back. They also said they hadn't considered that something which looked the same as something else would mean people would see them as the same thing irrespective of those people saying "well they look the same"
    In the end the new Gatwick Express electrostar has a fair few differences (cosmetically and mechanically) but because the lights and the body look the same people will call them recycled.

But it's also a lot less likely that DTG would do Cardiff in the 90s with sprinters and alphalines with 37, 47 etc because that would be a hell of a lot more work

50. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

People seem to want new trains above many other things. I have all but stopped using TSW2 now due to its operational inflexibility and lack of editing for the timetable. The amount of trains is decent enough in my eyes its the lack of traffic in some routes. I'm afraid Zusi 3, Open Rails and Diesle Railcar simulator all have the edge over TSW2 in all but one regard which is graphics. However eye candy isn't everything despite its initial draw....

• Like Like x 1