Tsw 2 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pgonski29, Nov 24, 2020.

1. pgonski29

pgonski29 New Member

Hey ya'll. I'm a big user of the American/Canadian routes and I thought I'd share some of my (mostly nitpicky) suggestions with ya.

With whatever game I'm playing I'm a big fan of customization. I think the livery editor was improved when it got updated a short time ago but I think you can still do more quite easily.
    -I think it would be cool if there was an option where you could pick railing color/lower ends or front and back plow colors/and then third truck and fuel tank colors. I think picking railing color no matter the layers of the rest of the livery would be awesome because it's an eyesore for me to have words or patterns also on the railings. Being able to manipulate the colors of the lower ends (plows) and the trucks/fuel tank would be a next step to customization, especially since let's be honest, when you make a new livery you probably aren't making CSX and many many railroads have different colors on their plows or trucks/fuel tanks.

-I also think having maybe like 3 options of loco weathering would be a cool idea to have as a template, maybe brand new, dirty, and faded and even have paint scratched off.

-I also think it might be cool to have in the livery editor options for where to put the front numbers and front headlights. It looks like in that roadmap you just put out that you're working on a UP AC4400. It would be cool to be able to make your own livery and be able to pick where those lights and numbers were located.

-Also I think the motor sounds need improving on the North American locos. The sd40-2 sounds good but the gp-38 and AC4400 I'm not a fan of. With the geep I'd love to hear that low pitched throttle more and the ac4400 same, but also ya'll gotta rid of a lot of that high pitched noise.

-For the sand patch route I think you guys should try to add in some more local trains. You have a couple spare tracks near Cumberland and a few sidings along the route that are really rarely used. With that being said I think there's too many routes that are just simply one end of the map to the other, just gotta adjust speed and brakes depending on what side of the grade you're on. Like maybe the geep at the entrance to Shaw mine is broke and you gotta bring a replacement out and bring the other back to the locomotive shop.

-Random thought, but it might be neat to add on some kind of amtrak train onto sandpatch, it would be something different and would probably be interesting as you'd have to watch the signals more as hopefully it would go faster than 35mph.

-Another random thought, we should be able to have more or less than two locomotives on certain runs.

-Would love a full Amtrak NEC route that has a parallel CSX route that also allows CSX to run locals on the Amtrak tracks. Maybe that's too much data for one route lol.

Alright I think that's it for now, thanks for reading all the way to this point and sorry if some or all of these are repeats of other train dudes suggestions. Deuces.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Great list!
    - Being able to customize parts of the locos separately like the body, handrails, fuel tank/trucks/pilots would be great. I started a CSX stealth GP38-2, but I couldn't finish it because I couldn't paint the undercarriage.
    - Having weathering effects would be really neat to have
    - The problem with choosing where the number boards/headlights, is their position is determined by the game model. Changing these would mean changing the locomotive model, not the livery.
    - Sounds across the board need to be better. What bugs me the most is the lack of a realistic K5LA on the CSX locos. Hopefully we get a nice K5HL on the C40-8W, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    - Yes, having mainline switching jobs would be great. SPG isn't the best route for it as it only has CSX only runs one local on that line. Hopefully we'll see some mainline switching in the CRR route switching the lineside coal tipples. There is a scenario with a run from Cumberland yard to Hyndman to fetch a string of hopper cars that need repairs.
    - The only thing with adding Amtrak to SPG is a severe lack of station stops. There is only the one at Cumberland Station. If you want to run passenger services, try using the scenario planner and picking the F40PH from Peninsula Corridor if you have it.
    - Since the TSW2020 NEC didn't get preserved, hopefully this means there will be a new NEC route to replace it. One that actually works well and has an appropriate number of services.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pgonski29

pgonski29 New Member

Good points! Idk how possible it is but they should add on some industries or something to SPG. And I'll definitely try the F40 on SPG and Oakville, good idea.

I definitely hope they they add a new NEC route. One with the ACS-64 and an Acela would be really cool. We'll see what happens in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  4. RWMatze

RWMatze New Member

One simple wish: Key binds for door control (release and open doors left, release and open doors right, close doors and lock).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

NEC is a must. I'd love a PRR NEC or Horseshoe Curve. SP, WP, and D&RGW are other excellent additions. We need vintage or 1970s-80s routes in the game. Most of all, I hope we get steam locos soon.

• Like Like x 3