Xbox Tsw 3 - Jubilee Gets A "mission Failed" Without Reason

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by thisnamebetterworks, Sep 7, 2022.

1. thisnamebetterworks

thisnamebetterworks Active Member

The Jubilee is broken. Random crashes after like 10 - 35 min.
    3x crashed while normal driving; 1x while leaving a station (slow speed). Not used any brakes during random "Mission Failed"-Crash.

I tried to play TSW 3, tried ... because 50% of my time I repeated different missions with the Jubilee Steam Engine.
    From 4 of 4 games, all ended in a "mission failed", but ... there were absolute no reason nor a derail.
    3 of 4 of these games were self made scenarios in which I used the only train in the whole game - so no red lights or similar.

I have no idea what triggered that bug - but it should be fixed asap. The Jubilee is one of the flag ships of TSW 3; a lot of (new) people will play it ... not good if the game triggers a random "mission failed" on different tracks.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  2. thisnamebetterworks

This bug is still present and it is maximal annoying; I was not able to complete one drive (Liverpool - Crewe) - not one. I always get a "mission failed" during the drive. But nothing is to see; no derail, no turnout - nothing. The train is just driving on a straight route and - suddenly: "failed!" ("try again?").

I watched everything, one time it came during driving, one time it came during braking, one time a few meters after leaving a station. No lights, no overpressure valve. I am even the ONLY train on the map, because I used the scenario editor.

I wonder, that I am the only one who hit that bug (yet). It comes every time - just after 15 - 40 min - when I drive the Jubilee. I even reinstalled that AddOn ... no effect.

Anyone else hit that "random mission failed" bug while using the Jubilee? (Not tested the 8F yet.)

P. S. It also appeared on other routes (e. g. Tees Valley Line) while using the Jubilee. It has to be connected to the loco. Other locos didn't triggered it (in e. g. Tees Valley Line). I repeated the scenario, just changed the train/loco. No bug. So sadly: It is the Jubilee atm. :(

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Happens in TSW2 with the 8F a bunch. get a SPAD randomly for no discernable reason when nowhere near the next signal which is green.

4. thisnamebetterworks

Hmhh ... I played with the 8F a lot for some time (in TSW 2); never triggered that bug yet. Maybe it's because of an update that has come out lately? Anything that has changed the dynamics of the locomotives? (or similar)

Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed in the next Update ... for TSW 2 and TSW 3.

5. thisnamebetterworks

I tested the 8F and the Jubilee in TSW 2 now; okay not not the full track - time is short, lot of work to do. But it seems that the mentioned issue only affected TSW 3. Will test TSW 2 on weekend and drive the full track with the Jubilee (to Crewe). In TSW 3 it didn't worked one time because of the issue :( - random failure - as said.
    [on XBox Series X]

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Someone posted elsewhere after a bit of detective work this seems to occur with AI engine moves at Edge Hill on and off the turntable running past a ground signal. DTG have been made aware but it is a pretty bad show this widely reported bug was not addressed prior to porting the route across to TSW3.

7. thisnamebetterworks

I don't think it fits on the bug I came across:
    A) I was all alone on the track (so no AI trains)
    [and]
    B) the "mission failed"-issue happened not only on the main line of the Jubilee (so the Crewe-Track), but also when I had the Jubilee (using the scenario editor) on other routes, such as Tees Valley Line.

I tried to drive the Crewe-Track for a few moments. And I got a "mission failed" (again!) with the Jubilee (and 5 wagons) after around 27 minutes; I was passing Halebank or Ditton Junction (not exactly clear, because no stop was planed there). And the "mission failed" appears without a reason ... nor a warning.

TSW 2 has had a ruined sound for months, now this even more game breaking bug. Sadly, I have to say that I am losing confidence in DTG; ... this problem with the Jubilee should be fixed very quickly.
    ==> It is a flagship of TSW 3 and does not appears on the start screen for nothing.
    ... in TSW 3 I couldn't drive >one< entire route with the Jubilee without triggering the "misison failed" issue. I will test TSW 2 at the weekend. There was (strangely) no glitch yet.

P. S.
    I noticed that the buffers of the last wagon float briefly in the air when you fold down the Buckeye Coupler while driving (using TPS/free camera).
    To me, it seems like it's an "invisible derail" or some kind of invisible train crash that triggers this error.
    Otherwise it wouldn't be connected to the train.
    (Which doesn't mean, that there is an other issue with a turntable aswell).

8. thisnamebetterworks

UPDATE: I was able to test the same track (to Crewe) with the same Jubilee (with 5 wagons) on TSW 2. In TSW 3 I wasn't able to complete one journey. I always got the mentioned "random mission failed" somewhere on the track.

In TSW 2 (latest update/version) there were no problems. I started, drove the track (including stops) and reached the final station (Crewe). In TSW 2 there were (generally) no problems with the Jubilee (or the 8F) with the "mission failed issue" yet; and it seems it stayed that way.

==> So I fear to say, that this new issue seems "TSW 3 exclusive" :(

9. mcskimmingj

mcskimmingj Member

I experiencing the exact same thing at absolute random with thr jubilee it'll just randomly come up "service failed" it's mega annoying been unable to complete scenarios I downloaded and created bevause of this

10. thisnamebetterworks

It seems, that this issue is still not fixed yet. Also I noticed, that the 1st Training-Mission for the M7 LIRR is broken - an other bug.
    But, as reported above, it is even worse, that the Jubilee is completely broken in the whole game TSW 3 - well, not in TSW 2. Still not one complete track without a random "mission failed".

In all honest, I'm tired of taking on the role of a beta tester. :mad:

I will come back to TSW 3 if everything is fixed. Pity.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. thisnamebetterworks