Tsw: Somerset Sunshine Update Available Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jun 12, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

In response to your important feedback, today we have released an update for Train Sim World: West Somerset Railway on PC that addresses a number of issues which you have raised with us.

See what has been addressed by clicking here!

• Like Like x 13
  2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Still no information or update to the other DLCs? PZB fix?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Since this update TSW has caused my computer to completely freeze. It froze three times in 40 minutes of gameplay. The first two times it recovered after about a minute, the last time I left it for ten minutes to see if it would recover and then gave up and did a hard restart when it didn't. I was running the West Somerset scenario 'Land Cruise' at the time.

Edit: I've since played GWE and that's fine. I tried WSR again, this time in service mode, and it froze again. I wish Steam had a 'revert to previous version' button.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

The coach door bug is still there. Yet another patch with invalid release notes...

5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Here's a random thought for ya: Where are the WSR loading screens? The only loading screen we saw any evidence of was the Class 47's screen on the Class 47 article. And not even that one is in the game, much less the ones for the route map and Class 09.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I had nearly completed (I think, since there's really no way to tell, as there is by pressing F1 in TS) the "Finishing Up" scenario, which took longer than it should have since I continually had to quit and revert to my last save due to various errors, some mine and others perhaps due to some of the issues declared fixed in this WSR update.
    Well after Steam reported the update as complete, I opened TSW, selected my avatar, selected WSR, and clicked on "Last Played". Result: TSW crashed to desktop. Ever the optimist, I tried again with the same result. So I've lost what I accomplished yesterday, probably because of the changes this update made to WSR. That's okay: it's a good scenario and I really don't mind running it again, knowing my earlier errors; however, I thought this information might be useful.

Here are my notes from yesterday's attempt at "Finishing Up":
    -- frequently, too many destination markers are visible
    -- early on, driver is instructed to move points manually (i.e.: exit cab, change points, but without any return to cab instruction! Perhaps the scenario's creator thought that too obvious, but it would probably confuse an inexperienced player. After the first 2 or 3 iterations, manual changing is never mentioned again and points can be changed using the 2D map or manually--inconsistencies such as this lead to unnecessary confusion.
    -- brake performance is quite erratic
    --throughout, whether the destination marker applies to the driven 09 or some other engine or car is not clear. Toward the end, as coaches are being dropped on sidings, the marker reads multiple yards to go when the end coach is already against the end-of-siding bumper. This is very important, especially for novice players!
    upload_2018-6-12_16-5-37.jpeg
    --2nd man in cab: now visible; now not
    --ambient light alters noticeably by fits and starts rather than in a realistically smooth manner
    ==================================
    If any problems arise when I replay "Finishing Up" from the beginning, I'll edit this post.

Attached Files:

7. Digital Draftsman

How is it possible to have the exhaust on the Class 43, Class 166 and Class 66, yet the Class 47 was released without exhaust and even the fix doesn't include exhaust on AI traffic? How badly must the game be coded if it's not possible to copy/paste a few bits of code to create a particle emitter on a new piece of rolling stock? It's no wonder they haven't done any steam locomotives if they can't implement a simple diesel exhaust consistantly.

Why can I refuel a Class 66 on GWE or a GP38-2 on HH, yet on WSR I can't refuel the Class 09? It's not as though the DLC is being produced by different developers, so why is this inconsistency?

The WSR has trains which are too long for some of the smaller platforms, yet all the doors open, even the ones not adjacent to the platform. That's a pretty basic feature to implement, yet we're on the forth passenger DLC and still DTG haven't figured it out.

Why hasn't the PZB been fixed on RT? Where's the ATP, flashing yellows and PIS on GWE?

Whilst I do appreciate some of the minor fixes in this update, it's now made WSR unstable for me, so I'm a little fed up.

8. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Well I was emailed by DTG to say that this update would fix the issue I am having with progress not being saved needless to say it hasn't things like scenarios being completed and collectables being found etc are still not remembered from one session to the next.

9. Digital Draftsman

Perhaps your TSW doesn't have permission to write to the files in the directory it's in. Have you tried running TSW as administrator? If you open Steam and login as normal, then go to the TSW folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World\WindowsNoEditor, right click 'TS2Prototype.exe' and do 'Run as administrator', it should run TSW. Drive a quick scenario or service, then restart the game and see if your progress is retained.

10. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I have tried all that already before I sent in a support ticket so the read/write permissions are not the issue, even sent them my save game files when they requested me too so they could analyse them, so when they emailed me back and said that the update to TSW should resolve my issue and it didn't, to say I am a little disappointed is an understatement, I have informed them it didn't work via my support ticket so now I wait again.

11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Still need NEC signaling fixes, but I am glad to see the tunnel darkness fixed, and the swamp returned.

12. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

That's one swamp we do not want drained!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I've done some searching on the forums, but this was one of the first weekends I could get back to TSW in a while. I noticed when doing a NYC-EWR service, that there is a restricted signal through the whole tunnel (which do look better, good job DTG there). Is this a known bug?

14. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes.

15. British25stanley

British25stanley New Member

[​IMG]

Any news on when this will be released on ps3

16. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It will be only released on the PS4 and there is no date for release as of yet.

17. British25stanley

British25stanley New Member

Okay i hope it will be very soon thanks