Tsw: The Crompton Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Nov 27, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Return to the scenic West Somerset Railway with the BR Class 33, which is available now for Train Sim World on Windows PC.

READ MORE

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Any dates for PS4

• Like Like x 1
  3. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

So basically you're driving the same old services but with a Class 33 instead of a Class 47. You have "fitted with 1550 horsepower Sulzer engines that could propel them to a top speed of 85 mph" in the marketing guff, but then you put it on a 25mph preserved line with no railtour scenarios for GWE, I want to do the 85mph! There's also no extra rollingstock (wagons or coaches) or new liveries of the existing Class 47 and Class 09.

No one from DTG has answered my questions (asked in the previous 33 thread) regarding this DLC, and I also notice none of these issues have been fixed in the Autumn Update:
    Will the timetable on WSR be corrected so the services can actually be completed on time?
    Will the AI locomotives (including the new Class 33) on WSR be fixed so they have exhaust smoke?
    Will the issue where coach doors open even when the coach isn't adjacent to the platform (i.e. Doniford Halt) be fixed?
    Will the non-functioning gauges, radiator and fuel system in the Class 09 be fixed?

I can spend £11.99 on a new Pro Range locomotive for TS2019 and it'll often come with extra rollingstock, I can also create my own scenarios for it so I can use it with my existing stock and routes, I can also download excellent scenarios from the Steam workshop. That's what you're competing with.

If you had introduced some scenarios on the GWE route for the Class 47 and Class 33, or perhaps added a couple of freight wagons and a couple of new liveries for the existing stock, maybe I'd have bought it. But as it stands it doesn't seem like good value for money to me.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

If the photo above is anything to go by it doesnt show exhaust. Fills you with confidence for the introduction of steam.. regarding whether or not you get it I think youll find you have it anyway thanks to a download you didnt ask for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Isn't the Class 33 downloaded even if you don't have the dlc so you can see it as an AI?

6. Gswales

Gswales Member

Any date for ps4 release

7. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Try it and let me know. Ive uninstalled TSW so cant test it.

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Why?

9. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the pricing. The entire route was less than that when it was up for pre-order.

10. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Exactly, it's poor value for money, even when only compared to other TSW DLC. Clearly someone at DTG decided they could charge the same price for less content.

Lets take the TSW CSX GP40-2 for comparison. It costs the same, £11.99, but it includes two liveries, two freight cars, three scenarios plus service mode options for two different routes.

In order for the Class 33 to provide the same value, it would need two liveries (BR Green and BR Blue), two wagons (12t open, Brake Van) and Service mode options for two routes (WSR and GWE).

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The Class 33 has to be the most detailed locomotive yet! I heard that the sounds are very good, and it’s cooling fans change speed according to engine rpms. You can also interact with the angle cocks.

• Like Like x 4
  12. MidwesternRailroader

MidwesternRailroader New Member

I must say that I have been enjoying the 33! Everything in the cab works with its own unique, amazing sounds. Not to mention the physics seem spot on.
    But with that said, I would have to say: wait on a sale to purchase it. Only one loco and three of scenarios that can be completed pretty fast are not worth $19.99 USD. Other than that, it's an overall great addon.

• Like Like x 2