1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tsw With Reshade

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Callum B., Mar 25, 2020.

1. Callum B.

Callum B. Active Member

Try uninstalling the current version (4.6) by deleting dxgi.dll and the reshade-shaders folder and install this older (4.5) version:
    https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/reshade.html

If it works, let me know and I will update the original post.

2. Sgt. Seymour Skinner

Sgt. Seymour Skinner Member

Hey Callum,

Unfortunately after installing this yesterday I got the same issues with the MXAO feature as the last couple of people reported. I then tried the fix you mentioned above but it still didn't fix the problem. I then went and deleted all the reshade files in the folder (beyond just the dxgi.dll and reshade-shaders folder), reinstalled it and it worked!

Thanks so much for producing this for the sim, it looks fantastic!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Callum B.

Callum B. Active Member

Perhaps the v4.5 configs do not play well with v4.6? Very strange, but thank you for providing your experience and solution.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I gave the version you offer, and unfortunately, I do not have the Reshade banner, in TSW.

5. oliverpope03

oliverpope03 New Member

I will try this, honestly to all those who are having issues, run on GeneralLow, it allows for some features to work whilst getting rid of mxao preventing the artifacts, and the game(especially at night) looks darker and more realistic !

6. Jeannot41

Callum, if you go through there, would you have any idea why the home is no longer working?

7. Callum B.

Callum B. Active Member

I just did a fresh reinstall of ReShade and I can confirm what you are seeing (weird shading and reflections) is the result of the new ReShade and/or new version of the shaders not playing well with the old configs. I will keep testing until I find a fix (installing v4.5?) that works consistently.

EDIT: Yes, deleting everything except the game .exe files in the Win64 directory, then installing with an older version did work for me. If anyone else had the same problem, refer to the main post again. I have updated the download link and instructions to include an older version of ReShade (v4.5.3) in the .zip. Apologies for so much inconvenience. :(

I am not sure because I have not had your issue before. The only thing I can possibly think of is that another overlay feature is interfering with ReShade, something like GeForce experience.

This turned out to be a lot of headache! :P

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  8. Jeannot41

The weird thing is that it worked before the update.
    Too bad, I would do without! Pity.

9. Callum B.

Callum B. Active Member

I do hope you figure it out. I really would suggest deleting everything in the Win64 folder except the game .exe files and just starting fresh with a v4.5.3 install. Maybe you already tried that and it didn't work but I am not sure what else to try. :(

10. Jeannot41

That's what I did. But since then, it's not possible to have the menu with the home button.

11. hyperlord

hyperlord Active Member

You tried POS1?

12. Jeannot41

What is that

13. hyperlord

hyperlord Active Member

[​IMG]

Between insert and page up

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  14. Jeannot41

No key gives the menu, no

15. OnScheduleW/ChickenWings

OnScheduleW/ChickenWings Member

Hello! First off I want to congratulate you to your effort and great work!

On my side however, when installing and searching for a box to tick with the name "Legacy content" there isn't any box with that name. I'm using the reshade instalation you included in this rar file. Could it be that we need to insert a specific repository in order to get it?

EDIT: and thus I also get the visual artifacts as everyone else was reporting.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  16. Callum B.

Callum B. Active Member

No, I forgot to remove that little bit in the instructions when rolling back to v4.5.
    Sorry to hear about your issues. As you can see from the comments, it's pretty much a toss-up whether or not it will work since the latest ReShade update. I am not sure what to do anymore except remove the entire thread. Whatever the latest update ReShade did messed with something real bad. So I might just take this down until I can create some working v4.6 presets from scratch instead of trying to fix the messy aftermath. Apologies once again.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  17. Jeannot41

No big deal Callum.
    We can live without

• Like Like x 1
  18. OnScheduleW/ChickenWings

OnScheduleW/ChickenWings Member

Sorry for the late reply. I have reinstalled reshader and it works better now. The only impact the "rain" preset has is on the hud and some menu elements. But while driving it's really nice. So that has solved itself for me (Please don't remove the thread, It's awesome :) )

• Helpful Helpful x 1