Tsw Xbox New York Nuisance Scenario Alert (! Mark) Glitch/bug/new Known Issue

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by bgctbay, Mar 30, 2020.

1. bgctbay

bgctbay New Member

I would like to report a glitch/bug/known issue with the NY Nuisance scenario for TSW. As soon as you couple the trains, a Alert (! mark) goes on the gauge. I found out that this means that it has to be reset. I found in another forum the following solution. "To reset the PCS (at least in the real world), you put the automatic brake in "Handle Off" (could be "Emergency" by DTG standards), the independent to full on, throttle to idle, and reverser to neutral. Keep that position for 1 minute (some engines require 2-3). Then release the automatic brake, and charge the air. When ready to go, drop the independent and get on your way"
    I did the following and it worked, unfortunately it literally puts the nuisance, in the scenario, NY Nuisance. Im serious it isn't a joke. Either DTG should add the reset information in the list of instructions for the scenario, or just fix it. I'm just posting this for any other TSW Xbox users who got stuck like i did. I will also be reporting this issue to DTG.

2. bgctbay

bgctbay New Member

I just sent a ticket for this to DTG so they are aware of the issue

3. bgctbay

bgctbay New Member

Ok so I got an answer from DTG.
    “The issue described would not be considered a bug and appears to be by design as it's based on a real-life procedure.

As a simulator, the game tries to simulate real-life procedures the best it can and sometimes these can be difficult to achieve as a result of this”. Therefore. Instead of explaining this difficult procedure through the instructions section in the scenario, you have to do the following to get the train moving again.
    "To reset the PCS (at least in the real world), you put the automatic brake in "Handle Off" (could be "Emergency" by DTG standards), the independent to full on, throttle to idle, and reverser to neutral. Keep that position for 1 minute (some engines require 2-3). Then release the automatic brake, and charge the air. When ready to go, drop the independent and get on your way"
    I did the following and it worked. For anyone else who gets stuck on this in the future.