Tsw2 Achievements - What Do You Expect?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by L89, Jul 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The TSW2 achievements haven't been revealed yet. So I thought we could discuss what they may be like... will it follow the same template as TSW2020? Do you want more focused on using safety systems (PZB, LZB, AWS, TPWS, SIFA etc)? Should they put ones in for TSW2020 routes? More/less grindy achievements? Some of my suggestions for the future:
    • Please keep achievements fair and balanced across routes. The Class 101 mileage, Rapid Transit's complete all services come to mind from TSW2020. If there are collectibles, I recommend having a requirement like "Finish 50% of jobs on x route". This will still encourage exploration of stations.
    • Use screenshots or photographs related to the trains and routes for achievement art (when user unlocks, they can set as background). So this would be a further reward in addition to the achievement. It'll probably be tiles because of PS4 and Steam, though.
    • Add legacy route achievements but change/remove the time consuming ones. Some games start with 2000 G at launch when they include older content so they could be separate (1000 G should be for the base game content).
    • Consistent and higher score across DLC. Maybe there was some limit to stick to before but I know there are games with 4000 G now. TSW2020 has below this (under 3000 G) even though there is a great deal of DLC. Ideally I would like to have around 250 G per DLC.
    • Miscellaneous achievements that award 0 G. Have one for triggering a SPAD, causing an emergency brake application (when safety settings are used), stopping with max/low position score at a station, junction derailment.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Yeah wasn't there an achievement on RT where you had to activate sifa a certain amount of times more achievements like these would be fun like having one for pzb like acknowledge a x amount of times as it gets people to learn how to use it

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Yes, there was a SIFA achievement but I don't think you even needed to have it switched on. I think if they consider PZB acknowledgements, it should only count if the 1000Hz light comes on, otherwise you end up with people just repeatedly pushing it just to get the achievement (and therefore not learn more about it).

Another could be for overriding the PZB successfully (illuminating the light) on routes that have it (Rhein-Ruhr Osten).

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

PZB achievements would be good because it would encourage those that don't know how to use it yet to learn it and enhance their enjoyment of those routes

• Like Like x 3
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I wasn’t a fan of the mileage ones. I only managed to grind out the intercity one because I ran the route flat out at night. As the the normal gwr passenger train sod that

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wonder if they will add new trophies to the preserved collection DLC?

7. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Hopefully the Mastery Challenges will be extended to all 3 new routes and will be able to progress beyond level 2. Would like to see all DLC's included in Mastery Challenges too post TSW2 but unlikely. Would like to see Leader Boards on DTG live website/stats. I've got to Level 445 is that good/bad/average?

8. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

As with many of you above, I am hoping that the lazy (Class Number)×10 milage achievements don't reappear.

• Like Like x 3