1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tsw2 Be Patient, Do Not Buy, Wait And See

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by jetgriff, Jun 20, 2020.

1. jetgriff

jetgriff Active Member

to what those who buy it find out what they actually get.
    I was fooled by what was put out about TSW and what was coming for it.. nothing came, if it were not for CZ putting some mods out the game would have died.
    Once bitten......

• Like Like x 13
  2. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I’ve adopted this and I stopped buying for Train Simulator, came back years later and Armstrong Powerhouse improved, addons got longer routing, and I’m now building up the collection.

• Like Like x 2
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Active Member

why game would have died

• Like Like x 2
  4. jetgriff

jetgriff Active Member

lack of variety and ability to switch loco's on different routes. For example it made all the difference running a 52 and 45 on the GWR or a 31 on the Trans Penine.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Community Manager Staff Member

This is a good suggestion regardless of your opinion of the announcements so far. Additionally, since there is no pre-order campaign active right now, that's basically what everyone is doing anyway.

Decide for yourself whether or not you want the game when you have the information needed to make that decision.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. ASRGT

ASRGT Active Member

Except for the fact that vast majority of users did not know about such mods, or due to there platform could not use them. Game was never going to die due to someone not making a mod to allow locos too switch routes. The game did die however due to TSW2. If that's a good thing or a bad thing time will tell.

• Like Like x 2
  7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

No, I’m good thanks. I’m happy with what I’ve read about TSW 2 and I’m very happy we’re getting the ICE3 and Bakerloo Line, Sand Patch Grade is an added bonus. Three new routes for £24.99 is a really good deal in my eyes.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but there will be plenty who buy on day one.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Yep, I reckon there will be a lot who buy on day one... on the other hand, there will also be a lot who won't if these forums are anything to go by... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. fanta1682002

Yep, I reckon there will be a lot who buy on day one

• Like Like x 1
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I will buy on day one. We know what we are getting and the two routes are work the money in my opinion. I will be more circumspect about purchasing any future add-ons, however.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I keep looking at the date to see if it’s August yet. So I don’t think I’ll be one of the people waiting for other people’s opinions before buying it. When I do buy it, I will give it a thorough examination and report my findings for those who do wait. I’ve booked the PS4 for a week and instructed my partner not to buy any new games around then because she won’t get to play them!

• Like Like x 3
  12. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Brilliant predictions, folks: some will buy immediately, others will wait a while, others will wait for a sale, and others will not buy. Yep: absolutely brilliant. How do you do it?

• Like Like x 1
  13. fanta1682002

i will buy immediately

• Like Like x 2
  14. davidh0501

davidh0501 Member

I will too.
    None of the routes appeal particularly, but I'm interested in what changes they can make.
    Who knows I might find I enjoy playing them.
    As it is, I've already had my money's worth out of the Class20.

15. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Member

I really want TSW2 to be the best we’ve seen...some folk in other sections have said TSW was a beta test for Dovetail to get an idea of what could be achieved,I’m not convinced but I just wish Dovetail had been straight with us from day one as I sent so many ticket issues as did a lot of players to be told there will be fixes...I really hope the support is much better this time round

• Like Like x 1
  16. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I'm basing my vacation around TSW2. I'll be off work for two weeks! :D

17. Cameron's Gaming

Cameron's Gaming New Member

I'll be honest - I was gonna buy day one, but since the announcement re the editor I'm going to watch all the material DTG put out and probably wait for reviews (though I must say, that 1972 stock looks absolute gorgeous, also I am quite interested in a tube line for TSW). I REALLY want TSW2 to be a massive success and, given time, take over from TS2020. However, right now, I seriously DON'T expect that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well same for me. I'll watch the release, see what people say about it and decide if it's worth it. If not, then it will still have some chance later on when new routes and features arrive. But it's definitely not an instant buy for me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I'd rather see true gameplay, rather than a promo not actual game footage type video.

Screenshots are pointless, even with basic Photoshop knowledge you can make anything look better.

• Like Like x 3
  20. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Member

I totally agree,a live stream of it being played not just on pc but console as well as it’s a game for everyone

21. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

For me the underground doesn't give me any reason to get excited... although there are others that make it sound like the coming of the railway Messiah, lol!

22. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Some people hold the London Underground close to their heart. My father worked on the Underground in the 90’s, I’ve ridden on the Underground every time I’ve gone to London. It’s unique, you’re riding through history when on the Underground and most don’t notice. People took refuge in the Underground during World War 2 when the Nazi’s were bombing London during the Blitz.

I’m happy we’re getting Sand Patch on console, I’m looking forward to driving the ICE, I’m over the moon we’re getting a Underground route.

23. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Hopefully we will be getting some gameplay footage / streams throughout July, as we are in a TSW void at the moment with DLC development halted on TSW1 and TSW2 still over a month away from release.

• Like Like x 2