PC Tsw2: Br 442 Cab Numbers Wrong Way Around (i Think?)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by cyrill.kroonstuiver, Sep 7, 2020.

1. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I've found something that seems to me like a minor mistake in the design of the BR 442 Talent 2 EMU trains on the Schnellfahrstrecken Köln-Aachen route, I think, and I didn't know where else to put it so I'll be putting it here.

The problem is that the cab numbers, 1 and 2 seem to be reversed on the inside and outside of the cabs.
    20200907012622_1.jpg 20200907012630_1.jpg
    These two screenshots are taken from the same cab, and on the other end they're reversed as well.
    Seems to me that cab nr. 1 should also be driver's room 1, cause they're basically referring to the same thing, and if this turns out to be reversed in real life as well, than my bad, but it feels like it's not.
    It does strike me that the old Rapit Transit route on TSW1 has this too.

On closer inspection it seems that the number on Führerraum seems to be randomly generated as I have later on found a train that was correct on one side, both the outside and inside cab number being 1. The other side however had on the outside, correctly, 2, but Führerraum 9(!) which seems a bit excessive for a train with only 2 cabs.

I appreciate the fact that identification numbers on individual carriages are actually randomly generated making no two trains actually the same, like in real life. This however seems like it shouldn't be, even just for immersion.

It's a very minor mistake, if at all, but just a minor inconsistency I thought I'd bring to your attention nontheless.

I hope everyone reading this is having a fine day and my apologies for this long winded story of a very minor thing I noticed. :)

Greetings,

Cyrill