1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tsw2 Livery Manager

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by RagingLightning, Aug 21, 2020.

1. RagingLightning

RagingLightning New Member

Hello all,

I don't know about you, but when the devs mentioned, that it is possible to share the whole livery collection, but not individual ones, I was a little disappointed, since I don't want to have to completely change my livery selection, just to use one i really liked.

Please welcome: The TSW2 Livery Manager (TSW2LM) - A tool I have been working on, to solve this.

Features:
    • List of all created in game liveries
    • Ability to delete liveries
    • Import/Export of individual liveries from/to *.tsw2liv files (perfect for sharing)
    • Inbuilt Backup/Restore functionality
    It is written in C# and requires .Net Core 3.1 to run.

Project page on github: https://github.com/RagingLightning/TSW2-Livery-Manager/

Steve Jam's video is a great place, to get all the info you need, to get started

if you have any problems using this tool, best to contact me on Discord @RagingLightning#8517 or by posting an issue on github.

Please Note, that it is still in a very early development stage and most likely contains bugs, so make sure to make a Backup of your files before using this Tool

Happy Livery Sharing
    RagingLightning

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Man, I had the idea of creating a tool like this soon (™), but then you come around an actually do it. Great job :D

3. RamanySquare

RamanySquare Member

I knew the community would come up with this stuff, but so soon? This is amazing, keep up the good work!

4. doublefine7

doublefine7 Active Member

important for that is that when you set the game dir that you set the folder in documents/my games/train sim world 2

btw nice work :)

5. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Amazing job!

6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

may I ask for a bit of a manual? :D Consider me a noob, but better safe than sorry. Great work nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

Yes i need help. Idk what to do. I install .Net 3.1 and downloaded the files from the project site but i dunno what to do next

8. Dark_Centurion

Dark_Centurion New Member

yup, i'm with these 2. no idea what to do next

edit: turns out i was just downloading source code? found the zip that contains the exe!

edit 2: I've got the .net core 3.1, installed all sorts of different versions, but each time the app tells me it wants me to download it. wot

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  9. RagingLightning

RagingLightning New Member

For everyone, who's been experiencing problems, I've updatet the original post with a video tutorial as well as contact info, in case anyone needs it.

Sorry for not answering sooner, E-Mail notifications didn't work for me

10. solicitr

solicitr Active Member

All right, something is not working. The app doesn't recognize my TrainSimWorld2 folder at all, I just keep getting an Exception! error

11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Could the app switch on/off all liveries in-game? Supposedly it is easy to launch the game in DX12, but custom liveries make it crash. Such a switch would be a helpful addition, so we don't have to move all of them in and out.