Tsw2 Manual?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wilfboy, Aug 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Is there a TSW2 manual (pdf) outlining the new routes and features?

I have searched this forum and looked on the Steam webpage but can't find anything.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

will come out when it releases probably

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Or not: DTG has been somewhat chary with manuals of late, especially in regard to locos. I, too, am hoping for a good (i.r., thorough) manual and wishing your opinion to be correct.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

• Helpful Helpful x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  5. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

Thanks! I'm curious as to why you guys would release the manual before the game.

6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The game is out already on console. They are able to buy the game as soon as the store updates on release day - it's already the 20th in several countries.

7. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

Ah cool! Lucky bastards haha

8. Knightfire1964

although we don't get the discount till 00:01 utc on the 20th

9. Knightfire1964

well for xbox at it's now 08:00am utc for ps4 players to get the discount

10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You can download the manual now from steam. It is a kind of quick start guide, 24 pages. Essentially, it gives you the control bindings for the XBOX and Playstation game controllers and written instructions for a cold start. Nothing on all other aspects of the game like setting up multiple units, cameras, the other controls, the livery editor, the scenario planner ...

I am well on my way creating the TSW2 Starters Guide, which will cover the core game aspects quite well.I hope to have first version near the end of this month for you.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

TBH, this is not a manual, just a quick start guide. Any manual of the TSW1 DLCs is much better and detailed than that. I expected the TSW2 manual would be like TSW1 DLC manuals or better. This is an step back (more than 1 actually).

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Well, it's a "start" (pun, of course, intended) and something to read while waiting for the download to begin. Interestingly enough, DTG has modeled this guide on RIVET Games users manual for the DB BR 204 -- so, old dogs can learn new tricks. Finally, wouldn't it have been possible to turn the guide's ending statement into a link?
    As an old prof, I'll assign DTG a grade of B- for this guide.

14. adriengillon

adriengillon New Member

Anybody found a clear manual for the london underground somewhere? I want to know more about the different signs we can see ('T' signs for example).

• Like Like x 2
  15. PenninePacer

PenninePacer New Member

The manual is very poor, there is no information on how to use LZB & PZB.

• Like Like x 3
  16. msey0002

msey0002 New Member

Seriously what joke of a manual is this? How are we supposed to know how to use PZB and LZB, or understand the signals?

• Like Like x 3
  17. msey0002

msey0002 New Member

Yeah, I'm getting a refund. I'll happily buy it again once there is a detailed manual for each route, including signals and safety systems.

• Like Like x 3
  18. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

Bruh calm down. There are certainly other means of getting that information while it gets updated. Look back onto the first Köln stream where Matt explains how to use it. If you’re a little patient, this topic is Saturday stream’s focus. I’m also disappointed with the manual, but there are other cool things I can enjoy while I wait to learn how to use the safety systems. :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

As Rudolf mentioned several posts ago, he is currently working on a TSW2 starter guide. Rudolf has already written excellent detailed route guides for TSW which go into far more depth (including signals and safety systems) than what DTG will likely produce.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. msey0002

msey0002 New Member

The information should have been made available at release...otherwise, why release? This is a simulation and users need the guides on how to simulate. I like TSW. But it is very careless work to release something this detailed without a detailed manual, in almost 2 decades of simulation (train and flight), I've never come across something like this. I've refunded the game already from steam. I will definitely consider buying it again if adequate documentation is released.

On the positives, the little I've seen of the Bakerloo and Koln - Aachen lines looked very nice.

• Like Like x 2
  21. msey0002

msey0002 New Member

His TSW manual was fantastic, and I look forward to what he produces for TSW2. Also, I really thank him for the dedication, effort and quality.

But make no mistake, somethign like this should come from the devs themselves, immediately upon release. All we got what a 20 page pamphlet covering the extreme basics (how to start a train and that's it, good luck to you) on 3 routes.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Matt will do a German safety systems tutorial stream tomorrow.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks for your compliment. I am working hard on it, but I need to test stuff in gameplay before I can include it in the manual and I also want to play the game for fun. . Just watching video's is clumsy when you need information.
    At the moment I think a first version can be available near the end of next week. It will not cover everything, but it will be helpful.

• Like Like x 7
  24. msey0002

msey0002 New Member

Exactly, I couldn't agree more with you. A tutorial video is no substitute for a manual.

Please do not worry about rushing the maual for us, enjoy TSW2, enjoy your time, and the manual will come whenever you can. Thank you for your work

• Like Like x 4
  25. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  26. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Thanks 7orenz

• Like Like x 1
  27. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In case you missed it. The TSW2 Starters Guide is available as a first version. I am preparing an update now, which will be available near the end of September.

This weekend (August 3oth) you can expect the first edition of the Scenario Planning Guide.

• Like Like x 3
  28. laohu

laohu New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new here and a bew TSW2 player as well. I am a little confused about this TSW2 manual. Can someone please tell me again, what is the currently status about the TSW2 manual? On steam there is still just this manual available: https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic....rld_2_-_Quick_Start_Guide_EN.pdf?t=1602178401
    Is there any detailed TSW2 manual available like that from TSW2020? For beginners like me it's really hard to learn how to drive and use safety device without detailed manual. If there is still no detailed TSW2 manual available, does anyone have some suggestion which manuel could be use instead? I would prefer in German language but English is ok too. Thanks!

29. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/RailSimulatorDotCom

In the link above you can find DTG_Staff gameplay and tutorial about all the TSW/TSW2 routes and trains.
    like for example this one where the Producer explain how to use PZB, LZB (and SiFa) on the German routes

List of all manuals: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw-help

plus, ICE (pretty similar to our 406 3M): https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...BR407_ICE3_VelaroD_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1542030104

CSX HH & Sand Patch: http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/530070/manuals/Operator_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1489684294

Isle of Wight: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...2_Isle_of_Wight_Manual_PC_EN.pdf?t=1602833432

30. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I can recommend the TSW2 Starters Manual, which you can download here:

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator

Within a few days there will be an updated Route Guide for Sandpatch as well. I guess this route will cause most trouble for you. This guide will be available at the same location.

For Bakerloo Line and Köln-Aachen you will have less trouble, bet you may have a look at the live streams for those routes and the tutorial stream, where the working of PZB is explained.

31. laohu

laohu New Member

7orenz Rudolf - thanks a lot for your fast answer, this will help me a lot :)

• Like Like x 1