(tsw2 Suggestion) Lirr: Port Washington Branch Expansion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by penguinc, Oct 31, 2021.

1. penguinc

penguinc New Member

(This is my first time making a suggestion thread so it may not be the best)

This is a suggestion thread for the Port Washington branch from Woodside Station to Port Washington station. The branch is 15 miles away from Woodside. One reason why I think this would be a good expansion DLC for TSW2 is because the branch is not that long, it is just packed with stations. (11 stations, excluding Mets-Willets Point)

The Branch is made out of:
    - Mets-Willets Point (Part-time Station)

(Extra service is provided during the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament and for New York Mets home Games. so those extra services may stop at Mets-Willets Point station, which is between Woodside and Flushing-Main St Stations)

- Flushing-Main St
    - Murray Hill
    - Broadway
    - Auburndale
    - Bayside
    - Douglaston
    - Little Neck
    - Great Neck
    - Manhasset
    - Plandome
    - Port Washington

[​IMG]

The Max cars for services on this branch would be 8-12 cars.

[​IMG]

(LIRR M7 at Flushing-Main St Station bound for Port Washington)

[​IMG]
    (Manhasset Viaduct between Great Neck and Manhasset stations)

[​IMG]
    (The Only Grade Crossing on the Branch, "Little Neck Parkway" next to Little Neck Station

[​IMG]
    (LIRR M3 10 Car train departing Mets-Willets Point. To the left you can see Corona Yard for the MTA 7 Line)

[​IMG]
    (Mets-Willets Point Station Building)

[​IMG]
    (Murray Hill Station ~Open Cut Station)

[​IMG]
    (Bayside Station)

Trains on the Branch:
    M3
    [​IMG]

M7
    [​IMG]
    M9
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

I want more LIRR in general, if it were up to me I'd go for one of the southern branches but this one is nice too

• Like Like x 4
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The rule of thumb is actually 8-12 cars Max on Penn Station Services from Port Washington Huntington and Ronkonkoma MacArthur Airport. Therefore timetable services should be 8-12 cars to Port Washington Branch via Woodside Flushing & Great Neck. The existing six-car trains on Port Washington in game wouldn't work due to them incapable of handling the demand on the route. At the same time if Port Washington Branch gets built Atlantic Terminal to Hempstead Services should be 6-8 Car Trains.

• Like Like x 2
  4. penguinc

penguinc New Member

Thanks for the correction. I needed someone to finalize me on that. haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

A very detailed and thorough suggestion. Probably won't happen, but we can hope!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Personally I would prefer the extension of the "main" branch, by continuing at Hicksville, or any branch that would increase traffic on the areas we already have currently. And preferrably a branch that could include the diesel locomotives and the double deckers.

But this also seems pretty nice, that viaduct especially caught my attention.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see port Washington Branch maybe it will come during a winter update.

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You must be referring to the Manhasset Viaduct which is between plandome and Port Washington stations. If you do the entire trip from Penn Station to Port Washington 45 minutes

9. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

Oyster Bay is for you then, it's the only branch short enough for DTG to do that's not electrified.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mrchuck

I wouldn’t mind seeing the oyster bay Branch since the tracks go about half way to east Williston on TSW maybe it will come in a update on TSW 2.

11. mrchuck

I wouldn’t mind seeing either in TSW 2 I most like would love to see the port Washington Branch but if oyster bay Branch is the shortest for Dtg to do I wouldn’t mind seeing the oyster bay Branch but I would definitely like to see the port Washington Branch sometime in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mrchuck

I hope they’ll add the port Washington Branch to TSW 2 someday in the future maybe along with the Lirr m9 locomotive in the future.