Tsw2- West Cornwall Local 1990’s What Could We Get?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrSouthernDriver, Aug 3, 2021.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

So we all know rivet games are developing The West Cornwall Local, right? They have confirmed 1 locomotive for the West Cornwall Local, Which is the Class 150/2 which I am quite exited for, then they confirmed on their Instagram Page It was Set in the early 1990’s, but rivet have said.. this isn’t the full story!, there are more locos

Now I have created this thread to showcase what you might expect with West Cornwall local

The locos:

Class 150/2 which we all know is coming

Here are the locos you might see or might be layered onto the route

The intercity class 47’s did what are now cross country services in the early 1990s

The class 43’s did what are now HST/ IET services along the line going between Penzance and Paddington and other places

The class 121 bubble car units did services along the St Ives Bay line and other branches

Class 08’s did shunting and hauling carriages around Penzance and long Rock Depot

class 155’s were also around at this time doing passenger services along the route

Class 101’s were also around, but don’t worry the class 101 would most likely be layered on I think players are a bit sick of the 101 used way too much in routes

Hope you all enjoyed these are things that might be in the west Cornwall local

also sorry if the images don’t work, I apologise i tried to get them working

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

A Class 121 could be fun. Also did the Class 153 ever work in West Cornwall during the Regional Railways era? Having a one car DMU, especially the Class 153 with different cabs at either end, would be quite unique. A good DLC for the route too, if they substitute for or work in multiple with the Class 150.

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

In the 1990s HST used Paxman Valenta engines the closest engine to a Paxman Valenta that Rivet games can use is a East Midlands Trains HST Paxman VP185 which is closer in sound to a Paxman Valenta.