Tsw3 - Bad Experience With Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel – Würzburg Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grdaniel48, Sep 7, 2022.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yesterday I installed TSW3, and first I tried the German High Speed ICE 1 route.

But the experience was not so good about the train appearance faults!

Lost of textures visual quality!
    But also some shape issues one too!

Please notice, does not happened everywhere.
    It was when there is another ICE 1 closer, or some high density areas.

Finally when I stopped on Fulda, I could not be able to get the brakes off.

Please notice I also drove on Cajon Pass, and there it was fully enjoyable, -with no problem at all!- experience
    No chance yet to drive new SEHS.

So any help and comment will be appreciated!

Please find attached some pictures of the mentioned issues.

TSW3 - BLURRED ICE TRAINS.JPG
    TSW3 - BLURRED IMAGE ON ICE1 CARS 2 .JPG TSW3 - ICE 1 BLURRED TEXTURES TRAIN 2.JPG
    TSW3 - ICE 1 BAD FRONT SHAPE.JPG
    TSW3 - ICE 1 BLURRED TEXTURES TRAIN.JPG

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  2. grdaniel48

More pics

TSW3 - ICE 1 BLURRED TEXTURES TRAIN .JPG
    TSW3 - BAD SHAPE FOR DRIVERS DASHBOARD AND NO INSTRUMENTS 2.JPG
    TSW3 - BAD SHAPE FOR DRIVERS DASHBOARD AND NO INSTRUMENTS.JPG
    TSW3 - BLURRED ICE TRAINS 3.JPG
    TSW3 - BLURRED ICE TRAINS 2.JPG

As you can see, even the instruments dissapears for some seconds,... around ten!

Have you experienced this?

3. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Gotta say, it's pretty cool of DTG to make TSW3 playable on PS3

• Like Like x 11
  4. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

What console is this? PS4 or PS5

5. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Yeah, we really need this information before we proceed with trying to help. The texture issue is absolutely a texture streaming issue which means OP is probably on a system that uses an HDD.

OP, if this is indeed the case make sure train Sim world is installed on the internal drive in the console and not any external drives if you happen to be using them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. grdaniel48

PS4!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. grdaniel48

Well, that is the point!
    I guessed could be the cause.
    But no time to test it.

As I have the external drive, due to the fact of I can use the new sim asap, I forgot to unplug it.

So then, on the console hard disk, is enough I have the just the game, and the 3 routes on the external drive, or I must have those routes installed also on the hard disk?

Thanks for your help!

8. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

That I do not know, I don't know if you can have the game on one drive and add-ons on another.

I'm guessing due to the way PlayStation manages its content and storage it would have to be on the same storage device.

You do have options however, a lot of external drives are meant for large volume storage things like pictures, videos, old documents etc and don't always have the best speed.

If you still wanted to do an external option which is a good idea I agree since TSW can be exceedingly large and it's nice to have the sim and all add-ons in one spot.

You can get an external SSD, which would provide you better performance with train simulator then you get with even the internal HDD of the PlayStation 4.

You can also get a faster external hdd, they make one specifically for games, you'd pay a little bit more for the "specifically for games" part but you can also just go with a generic external hard disk that's a higher RPM than what you have, usually 7,200 or so is more than enough, considering the PlayStation for itself only comes with a 5400 RPM hard drive, the difference is it's internal and you're not transferring anything over a wire like you're doing with the external hard drive, which is why you benefit a lot from the higher read write speeds of the higher RPMs.

Here's an article that covers the basics. Ignore the selling in it, (though, Seagate does make good drives and the ones they mention in the article would probably be perfect for train Sim.)

I hope this helps, don't get discouraged you still have many options to use train Sim on a dedicated external hard drive or SSD without issue.

9. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I´ve fitted an internal 2Tb SSD into my PS4. It gave it quite a boost for many applications. Yet, TSW2 is clearly maxing out its performance possibilities. I guess we just have to face it, and DTG should not promise anything else for Gen8 consoles as it is misleading.
    My TSW2 environment counts with around 100Gb in DLCs. With ......eeeerrrmm......... roughly acceptable performance. But it can´t go lower than what it is.
    I´d try on PS5, but not before DTG figures out how to solve the DLC limitation.

BTW: I´d recommend this SSD. It´s metallic housing is helpful for heat dissipation.
    CRUCIAL MX500 (2 TB - SATA - 560 MB/s)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  10. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Can we see more screenshots of PS4. This starts to look like a Cyberpunk 2077 event in the making :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. grdaniel48

As to this issue I reported, and about the external HD issue - please notice when you have this kind of storage PS install your downloads there! Instead to do it on its on HD or ask it where you prefer to do it.- yesterday I proceed to delete the TSW3 program, then unplug the external HD, and then install the game again.
    I made a drive with ICE1, but unfortunately the same situation happened!

So then I decided to remove the ICE1 route too from the HD, and install it on the PS, as I did with the game, and in that case everything was Ok!
    No blur textures, nor shape deformations at all.
    Even with Dynamic weather.

So if you have that issue too, you must do it that way.

Please also notice I have the chance just to drive one timetable, and only up just to Fulda.
    There were some static freight cars, and other AI trains around and I crossed 3 ICEs ( 2 ICE 3 and 1 ICE 1), and everything was right.

Of course during this week end I hopes to make more runs.

Hopes this does not happens with complicated scenarios.

12. grdaniel48

I also believe it will be better to have the 3 TSW3 routes on the console, and not in the external HD.