Tsw3 Creator's Club Livery Creator "image Button"?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by oldsrocket#2403, Nov 11, 2022.

1. oldsrocket#2403

oldsrocket#2403 Member

As a regular livery contributor to the Creator's club in TSW 2, I felt like purchasing TSW3 in hopes that the livery creator within the new game would be a worthwhile upgrade. As such, after just purchased TSW 3 on xbox one, I noticed the livery editor has a new "Image" button in it. Intrigued, I wanted to check it out, but all there is inside of the "image" menu is a basic turtle drawing. I have a feeling the drawing is provided in the menu as just a sample for testing purposes, but that immediately begged the question of if I could save previously designed logos/decals, and paste them onto different designs elsewhere. As soon as I went to seek out information regarding the new feature, I noticed there was no information about this new button anywhere online. Could someone on here fill me in as to its purpose, because I would be absolutely thrilled to find out if it allows you to create copy and paste-able decals like the feature would suggest. Has anyone on here experienced any success with this feature, or is it just another one of those TSW 3 dud features?

2. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I discovered yesterday that that same "Image" button is where all your awarded images will be stored for use in custom painting. I have a whole bunch I earned from playing in there and have already used a couple....

314632900_877540463233651_7012022608146780583_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...the image section has been around for a while now. As said before these are pre-made themes which are mostly unlocked by completing mastery challenges. Because the maximum number of layers in the Livery Designer tool is 300, finished motifs can not only save valuable layers, but also save time. In the end, however, you always depend on what is currently available. Creating your own motifs and then saving them here permanently would be an idea for the future.

Here's a link to an interesting thread regarding decal suggestions: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/livery-designer-decal-suggestions-thread.56520/

• Like Like x 2
  4. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Agreed! Or even a Custom Logos / Graphics folder... a place to store reusable logos and/or other creations for use in other livery projects without haveing to completely recreate them in each case. This would be a 1000% useful and sensible option to add to the LD.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sneakyhero#4959

sneakyhero#4959 New Member

that would be a useful tool to have to add custom images into the game and logos for like if you make a fictional livery or just a logo for a train operator that isnt in the game. it would make everything just so much easier

• Like Like x 1
  6. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Exactly, and not a huge ask IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dave55007

dave55007 Well-Known Member

Yes, this would be immensely useful. I did the old BR totem for my class 40 40106 and it took 123 layers - and you need 2, one for each side, so not a lot left for other details. All the images on that folder are useless as far as I am concerned. I will never use them and have even gone looking for them in the software to see if they were replacable, but cannot find them!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

I need to agree tbh.

9. dash#9196

dash#9196 New Member

I think the complication here is custom images would require content filters if you wanted to upload them for access. Otherwise people could post NSFW content.