Tsw3 Out This Summer - Leaked In Last Night's Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

That's exactly it. 2/3 of players are on console, and most console players are on 8th gen (I've seen 60% stated on the forum; was that from DTG also?). When working with 8th gen is becoming no longer profitable, it'll be dropped. That currently looks to still be quite a ways in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  2. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Not that long ago a question was asked on a DTG stream if PS4 will still be supported? Matt replies yes because PS4 / 8th gen players were still very important to them. Was Matt telling lies then? Maybe he should come on here and really clarify DTG’s position.

As for PS5’s being easily available? Well ok some might have been fortunate enough to get one because they endlessly hunt for them or pay over the odds to scalpers, so yeah aren’t they clever. For the rest of us we have busy lives and more important life priorities, so until PS5’s really do become readily available over the counter for a fair price PS4 is where we will stay. If DTG do abandon us that’s up to them if they think they can afford to lose all that revenue not to mention the actual interest of abandoned PS4 players who might just well go and get interested in something else and not bother returning. So yeah! DTG have worked hard getting TSW2 noticed and it’s player base bigger so it would be pretty foolish to stick two fingers up to PS4 players who are still quite numerous like some on here are doing. I’ve said it before, DTG must still support PS4 players and detune the dlc for PS4 if they have to, but they really do need to adjust the initial retail price a bit cheaper in order to reflect that. Waiting
    for sales isn’t gaining DTG any favours from the likes of me in order to get a fair deal and for those who are going to say well yeah fine but you get a free PS5 download when / if you eventually switch I’d say yes you do but we could be playing a dlc like SOS for quite a few months with its reduced PS4 content / immersion by which time something like SOS will be an old dlc and selling much cheaper anyway. I want to play these dlc’s when they are new and current like everyone else, I just don’t want to be paying the same price as others who are fortunate enough to be in a position to experience more.

• Like Like x 4
  3. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I’m on PS4 and the game stretches it to its very limits. It sounds like an jet plane taking off whenever the game is open and takes upto 15 minutes to load the main screen.

This isn’t a massive problem for me as all my routes work fine and I can live with less layers than ps5.
    I don’t expect them to keep supporting ps4 but I would expect a bit higher quality on a purely PC and 9th generation game.

I would love to upgrade to PS5 and will do when the availability is greater and DTG fix the profile transfer issue.

• Like Like x 3
  4. shhweeet#4292

15 mins to load the main screen? I’m on an original PS4 and it doesn’t take me anywhere near that long. I think your PS4 might possibly need a defrag ( Vids available on YouTube) My PS4 also handles TSW2 perfectly fine apart from the very occasional stutter. Obviously reduced content in the dlc is a bit of a bummer but not bad enough to force me not to wait until PS5’s become readily available.

I probably will get a PS5 btw because I fancy playing GT7 with those hepatic triggers on the controller I’m just not desperate for one right now.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Calidore266

He has really clarified DTG's position. PS4/8th gen players are still very important to them. In fact, they're still most of the player base.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I´ve cleaned the cooling fan of my PS4 Slim (you can´t imagine what dirt accumulates there!) and put a 2Tb SSD in. The fan turned really quiet, almost not perceptable and TSW2 starts in not more than 2 min.

• Like Like x 3
  7. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

And exactly the same will happen if TSW3 is without PS4 support. Yes we love TSW. But we will not do everything (especially not buying a PS5 for a moonprice to make scalping people rich) to continue with TSW3.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. docsnyder1911

Yes it is possible to stop support for Gen 8. But the result could be other than you're expecting now. Look. A lot of PS4 customers have almost all TSW2 stuff with that they can do trainsimulation on their PS4 for years. If TSW3 isn't for PS4 so it's not so nice for us, but there is no real need for us for getting a PS5 for playing TSW3. So without the sales of us PS4 owners there will not be enough ressources for further development of TSW3.

• Like Like x 2
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And yet your acting like they are easy to get. DTG develop the game on PC and then scale it back for consoles. Again this notion that last gen is holding the game back is just not the case.

Last Gen make up the majority of the playerbase and the majority of revenue. Without last gen then they will make less money. I guess to you making less money would be a good thing

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. a.paice

Cool, good to know - thanks

11. a.paice

It was fine until spirit of steam. I assumed it was just one dlc too many. I shall check out your vids- thanks

• Like Like x 1
  12. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Hold on no one said they were stopping production on TSW 2. If they keep that going then yes they are continuing support for 8th Gen on TSW 2 like they have always said

But TSW 3 is a different matter all together they haven't even officially announced it yet. But they also have made no promises to support 8th gen either on TSW 3. Only TSW 2.

Besides this is all speculation as nothing official has been said yet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I would really like to see TSW3 better optimised for PS5. There is surely no reason not to give us the full variety of passenger styles like PC, and by leveraging checkerboard rendering they could match PC draw distance and up the fps to 60. It is also about time HDR was added, and what the heck let’s have VRR too. The PS5 could do all this (Series X too) if only DTG would take the time to enable it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. shhweeet#4292

If TSW 3 was to be for PS5 only then why would they bring that out until PS5’s were more readily available and most of us had one? Just more unnecessary workload for DTG whilst they are still supposedly supporting TSW2 on PS4 imo.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

No word yet from anyone at dtg to deny the ps4 is being phased out for tsw3.

Without denial can only lead to further rumour.

dtg jd time to finish this, your leak, your time to share... how long left for ps4? ,straight question.. deserves a straight answer...

• Like Like x 5
  16. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

You have to realise that TSW and TSW2 are available for 8th gen consoles and you can go along (as you are doing now) and drive trains. No one is stopping you from doing that, regardless of circumstances relating to purchasing a newer gen console.

The main point is, dummies need to stop being thrown out the pram WHEN a new TSW does release and as we know, this is just purely speculation and nothing more.

The fact of the matter is, gen 8 users need to realise they won't be losing out on things because they can drive a train now and do all fancy things. But, the company will need to move on and forward to progress this simulator. It is after all, still backdated in some ways, whereby it is a straight run with nothing really adding to your drive, except stopping/starting.

Gen8 has to be phased out for future core releases because it is just holding back everything regarding progression. PC will be such a large margin within a future release, e.g. TSW3 and for new features to be added and more 'hustle and bustle' timetables, the gen8 has to be phased out, it just cannot compete. The thought process of customer dissatisfaction, (even from a gen 9 users perspective) is that I can't even run London Commuter successfully on my series S as I get OOM issues show up and even o am disheartened. Imagine what a gen 8 user would feel like if they had to have 12 services but randomised lightning, pantograph/wheel sparks, additional true to life shadowing etc. My goodness, you wouldn't hear the last of it.

All gen 8 users want to do is think about themselves and ultimately slow the progression of this simulator. You will need to move on at some point BUT, you will still be able to drive trains, as you can do currently.

As for DTG and resolving bugs by releasing a new simulator, e.g. TSW3, they need to get this right. Ultimately it will lead to loss of trust, which I feel they will never fully regain.

Peace out.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Calidore266

DTG has already said that they're not phasing it out. And to repeat yet again, they've also said that 8th gen is a huge chunk of their player base, and that 8th gen is not holding the game back on current systems.

They don't need waste more time denying; they would need to confirm when the phase-out is actually happening.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

They would say that, as at least for now they want to hold on to their gen 8 player base. As far as TSW2 is concerned, gen 8 will continue to work with that title and always will. TSW3 however may be seen as an opportunity to start with a clean slate as it were, and although the next few DLC will probably still be made for TSW2, they may decide to move on after that. Pure conjecture of course!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

In my mind, it would be mad to drop Gen 8 in the middle of the game's life cycle. Is it possible? Yes, but I don't think it makes sense for TSW.

At which point you have to ask, when will they drop it? If TSW3 comes along this year, which would surprise me, logically it would be at least 2024 by the time TSW4 came along at which point Gen 8 will be well over a decade old. And, if TSW3 is still a year or two away then it makes even less sense to cling on to the old hardware.

At the end of the day, DTG will move away from Gen 8 when they decide it's economical to do so, and they are the only ones who know that. Plus of course, the losses made from sales of Add-Ons to Gen 8 users will likely be covered by sales of the new core game to a certain degree at the very least.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Calidore266

This is it. It's all about the numbers. Eventually, attrition will make the time and effort spent downscaling games for Gen 8 unviable. That will be a natural process, and there's no need for DTG to force it, nor is there any point in doing so.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Tank621

There's a certain element of timing to it really, too early and they'll miss out on all the folks who haven't, for whatever reason, made the upgrade yet. Too late and they'll be wasting resources on Gen 8 when they don't need to.

As far as I'm concerned TSW3 supporting Gen 8 will be a commitment of at least two years after launch and that's why I think it doesn't make sense.

The current availability of Gen 9 consoles is pretty much irrelevant, what matters is how many players will be on Gen 9 by the time TSW3 releases, which could be anywhere from months to a year or two away. Beyond that, they must consider how the Gen 8 player numbers would look a year or two after release, after all, that is what will be the really telling aspect of how valuable the Gen 8 market will be to them in the long run.

Bear in mind that making the game run for Gen 8 is almost certainly taking up a disproportionate amount of development time in relation to player count and that almost certainly isn't going to get any better with TSW3.

There are plenty of core improvements and features that would be greatly appreciated for TSW. It's all well and good, as some have suggested, saying that these only need introducing for the Gen 9 and PC versions of the game but the more that is done then the more TSW becomes in effect two different games and developing what is effectively a different game for what is undeniably a dwindling market is in reality unsustainable.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Skyz2020

Ps4 Fanbase : "Yeah, yeah, but your engineers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could ditch ps4 that they didn't stop to think if they should!"

DTG Response: "Condors. Condors are on the verge of extinction..."

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t know the last time DTG publicly stated their commitment to gen 8 consoles but if it was before a decision to stop developing for them was made that statement will no longer apply. Nobody here knows if the numbers are correct yet or if DTG are willing to take a big hit on player numbers for a while because of purely technical reasons of development but as time goes on, more and more players make the switch, and if they are forced to make the switch because of development stopping that rate will increase anyway. I certainly do not believe anyone can fully count it out based on anything DTG may have said even a week ago or on old statistics. DTG may well still be in the process of deciding what to do, especially if it is a purely numbers thing and not based on an engine change. If it’s a change to UE5 then there is no decision to be made but nobody can know that either.

Giant pandas would be extinct by now but we are making sure they survive. Maybe DTG will do the same for the PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Can confirm this works. My ps4 was sounding like a jet prior to take off. Now? Can't hear it. It's never been quieter. Thank you pipe, i owe you a few beers!

• Like Like x 4
  25. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

You´re most welcome, especially for that "beer part". ;)

• Like Like x 3
  26. shhweeet#4292

If PS4 is considered less important by some these days then why have they made the new flagship Gran Turismo 7 available for both PS4 and PS5? and also on discs when downloading is the supposed way forward with a small price to pay for an upgrade from the PS4 version to the PS5 version when needed.

Answer! Because currently and for sometime yet most likely a hell of a lot of people are still using their PS4 and still like a game disc for a variety or reasons. It’s where a large portion of income for game developers still is. Fact! Instead of those people lucky enough to have a PS5 ( And I am genuinely pleased for them ) and are selfishly moaning about how PS4 is holding their PS5 game back?? they should be grateful we PS4 plebs are putting money in the pot in order to fund their beloved game development. As for the likes of DTG. Show some recognition and yes gratitude that we are still buying reduced content TSW2 dlc’s from you and reduce the initial price for a brand new just out dlc on order to reflect what we are actually getting, after all if you did you would get in a lot of cases your revenue a lot quicker to help fund the game for further improvements.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  27. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

GT7 was meant to be released only on PS5 but as chip are still missing and not enough PS5 are available to get. Sony decided to release it also for PS4 but 2023 will be the year that the PS5 will have more exclusivities and maybe around 2024-2025 no more games will be made for the 8th generation. Back to the main subject I’m not really happy about TSW3 for the moment, I understand that coronavirus changed our lives especially at work with a decrease of work quality as I remember DTG was taking more care at the early days of TSW. I really miss these days and to be honest as the quality team is sometimes inexistant ( some bugs are so big that how on earth can you miss it only if you're blind ) I think that in a long term TSW might be more significant than TSC and if they don’t want a fiasco and loose the trust from their loyal customers, they have to work hard on TSW3 to be fine but not perfect as bugs in a minimum quantity is ok. I still remember when we switch from TSW to the second one the huge mess it was and how long also it was to be fixed and even today some DLC are quite broken on some ways

• Like Like x 2
  28. docsnyder1911

TBH for me it's equal if TSW3 is for PS4 or not. If yes, then I will buy it. If not, then I will not buy an overpriced PS5 from antisocial scalping people. Then I will continue with TSW2 on my good old PS4. The TSW2 and TSW2020 stuff I have is enough for years of playing.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Tank621

Yup, not a bad idea really, and if after a year or two after you change your mind you'll almost certainly be able to get the console, core game and add-ons for much cheaper anyway.

There's no need to rush to get the newest stuff if you're still getting enjoyment out of the old.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

Its possible TSW3 will release on last gen but cut down so they can run reasonably as for older content they should wait until the new game has a stable base in terms of bugs and such so it runs smoothly as well as that it also allows DTG to have a new set of trophies as they are running out of ability to add them to TSW 2 on PS5.
    Also instead of just adding old content how about having a GWR that is between Paddington to Bristol instead of Paddington and Reading, locos and units they port over should be fully updated to TSW3 standard so we don't have last gen versions quickly ported over with the same old bugs. Yes this will take time but TSW really needs sorting out now, they have lost the ability to keep on top of bugs a long time ago. Also recommend sliming down the collectables why have 100 over a route all over the place if you cant test you can get them all stick to maybe 20 say 1 or 2 each station

• Like Like x 2
  31. tallboy7648

I don't think it's worth paying scalpers extra money for a new console. There are still plenty of games in general coming out for ps4 so there if your still enjoying the ps4, there is no need to rush to get a new console in my view unless you really want one. Don't pay scalpers would be my advice though :)

• Like Like x 3
  32. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

That's not totally true if I wanted I could have had like three or four ps5s already so I'm not sure what people are talking about they're hard to get they're really not if you know where to look

• Like Like x 4
  33. shhweeet#4292

Even if they are easy to get which I don’t think they are as easy to get as you say unless you pay scalpers, buy overpriced unwanted bundles or are prepared to put up with a lot of faff, PS5’s are imo still really quite expensive to actually buy.

If your a serious gamer them they are probably not to you but for casual gamers who still find their PS4’s perfectly adequate and acceptable on performance, they are not one of life’s priorities when there are other more important things to pay for, the really serious rise in the cost of living as just ONE example.

So like it or not the 8th gen / PS4 console market is still going to be viable and relevant for a lot of casual gamers for quite a while yet because that’s the harsh economics of life for many.

Maybe this is an age thing? but as you get older and other priorities become more important, all you young un’s will quickly come to realise this I guarantee it.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  34. Skyz2020

Yes lots of thought provoking things here.

I wonder if the ps5 price point will impact people more sub 35 who are still renting vs say someone over 45, mortgage free or nearly there...

I say over 45 and mortage free I wonder how many zoomers (sub 25) will read this and think this is not a real comment... however worth noting boomers (over 60s) have a far higher generational disposable income (nods cap here to say this is not always the case)

• Like Like x 2
  35. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I guess most rail fans are still wondering why there is no season ticket or another big release from DTG this summer, as we have been used to in recent years. So the speculations are increasing. I think there is no need for TSW3, because TSW2 has still so much potential to offer and is on the right way. At the moment the focus lies on updating the older routes and there is a lot of testing going on. New tools as the content manager (formerly known as PS5 DLC fix) are on the horizon and the first "Spirit of Steam" release was a great success. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  36. My local argos has the ps5 and series x in stock at msrp.

Sony and Microsoft only move onto next generation when the current gen is pushed to its limits.

Gen 9 is coming upto what... 3 years old! Gen 8 is well past its sell by date.

I really can't see what the problem is if dtg drop gen 8?

I never had any problem with dtg when tsc required newer hardware over the years.

If tsw3 goes beyond the boundaries of gen 8 get over it.

• Like Like x 2
  37. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I can probably see the base game getting DB BR408 189 DB BR1429 tri voltage NS Dutch Railways VIRM SNG Duisburg Oberhausen Utrecht line Germany Netherlands 156km Class 195 UK Calder Valley Line 70km US ALP-45DP 93 km Raritan Valley Line as the base routes.
    On the cover it will look like this Train Sim World 3
    ALP-45DP DB BR408 NS Dutch Railways VIRM Class 195 Northern Rail.
    These routes can support layers from existing Base game routes both TSW2 TSW 2020 preserved TSW2 Köln Aachen gives DB BR406 to HDU Sand Patch CSX locomotives to Raritan Valley Line
    Calder Valley Line HST in Leeds City Halifax

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  38. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Could be sooner then we think. They probably not saying anything now because how the last 2 big releases went. Game release date kept getting pushed back. Matt even said on stream he knows we don't like when they say something is coming on day then comeback saying they have to push it back more because it's not fully ready.

• Like Like x 1
  39. docsnyder1911

It's interesting to see our PS5-friends by convincing us PS4-customers to get a PS5, to make their game experience more beautiful or continue funding there nextgenexperience by buying further TSW stuff.

Our friends tell us things like our PS4 are outdated old machines. And if we would really want we would get a PS5.

So far so good.

If a professional salesperson would try to convince us, they would do following:

1. Yes your PS4 is a good machine. But there are some things, the PS5 could do much better. I will show you some examples....
    2. Yes PS5 is not so easy to get. But if you wait, I can preorder it for you. And so on.

The thing is, if people try to convince other people, they should show more empathy and understanding for them.

With the harsh way (if you really want one or your machine is outdated) they exactly get the opposite. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Not really a them and us situation. I have both gen 9 consoles but I don’t really give a monkey’s what others have. People will upgrade at their own pace as and when they see fit. If I really wanted the best image quality I would have a monster PC (which I did) but I saw sense and moved back to console gaming since gen 9. The enormous price differential simply does not justify the slight improvement in IQ.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Skyz2020

Yes lots here to agree with. Bravo

• Like Like x 3
  42. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

All your posts are just becoming whiny, it's getting tiring, the ps5 is now 3 years old and relatively easy to find, if you don't want to put in the effort to upgrade then you'll be left behind, simple fact. No one's berating you for it, stop taking it so personally.

• Like Like x 1
  43. docsnyder1911

TBH after all your posts I am not surprised from that one. The behavior and the content are the same. Except your imagination, that the PS5 is 3 years old. In real it was released at November 19 th 2020. Now you can calculate the age of it. :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  44. Railfan1985

Yet this is how ps5 and pc owners are putting themselves out there. Pig ignorant and blind of things such as financial challenges. Ps5 IS hard to get hold of FACT. Ps5 ain't cheap FACT ps4 does NOT hold either ps5 or pc up, FACT.

• Like Like x 5
  45. shhweeet#4292

And PS4’s look way better FACT! I mean what a monstrous thing the PS5 looks. Whoever designed the look of the thing should be sacked. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  46. docsnyder1911

Exactly. PS4 4 has such a nice classic design like the PS1 and PS2. TBH if my TSW2 stuff wouldn't be on PS4 and I would think about to upgrade to Gen9, I would choose Xbox Series X. It has a much more sophisticated design than the experimental one of the PS5. :)

• Like Like x 2
  47. tallboy7648

The basic argument for coming from gen 9/pc players as to why gen 8 should be thrown out is basically because they aren't getting features they want in the game. Instead of blaming dtg for not getting what they want, they just blame last gen consoles. I guess it's easy to blame hardware for not getting what you want and not the company itself. A Xbox One X is 5 years old and is more powerful than a Series S.

I have an Xbox Series X and I think you and I can both agree that last gen cant be supported forever but the argument as to why it should be abandoned because last gen is holding the game back is just absurd. It's just players wanting features dtg can give gen 9/pc players but choose not too. DTG cant give players everything they want

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  48. tallboy7648

The Xbox Series X though looks way better than playstation 4 and 5. It reminds me of a toaster ;)

• Like Like x 1
  49. Railfan1985

Nah mate, ps4 looks way better :)

• Like Like x 1
  50. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Not exactly on topic but more a curiosity, which of the two platforms do you play TSW2 on more? And which out of PS5 and Series X runs TSW2 better?

Totally understand the PC pricing point, I forked out ridiculous money for a 3070 laptop back in 2020. Mostly due to PS5 shortages and the lockdown getting the better of me at the time. I’d probably say the laptop runs TSW2 in 4K slightly better than the Series S.

Now I have a PS5, it runs TSW2 even better than my laptop but I still choose the laptop because I feel guilty not using it after spending that much money on it. I feel a bit daft buying it in hindsight, so I don’t think there is an increase in IQ at all. Even two years later, I feel buyer’s remorse! :|