Tsw3 Ps4 Pro Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mshor31293, Sep 4, 2022.

1. mshor31293

mshor31293 Active Member

For anyone on Gen 8 who hasn’t played early access as things stand TSW3 does not run particularly well on the older consoles. This is particularly apparent on the new German route which is personally unplayable for me as the low FPS just kills immersion. SEHS is ok in places but suffers from the same intrusive drop in frames at times that will bother some people. The performance is comparable to what you might see on the London commuter rush hour route so it might be ok for some but personally for me the lack of smooth gameplay (especially in a game like this) is a bit of a dealbreaker. Hopefully we will see some further optimisation as so many people are still on gen 8 consoles and it would be a shame to see a game that has so much great potential be let down for so many people by these performance issues.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

cool. I was going to look at the PS4 pro version later this week but thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

It’s a bit better than TSW2 for me (on a normal PS4). Framerate drops quite a lot at busy stations, but it’s still perfectly playable. And I’m getting constantly high framerates during normal driving.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Heads up...up to now tsw 3 is a no go for me because of performance and bugs...i saw a stream where the tracks Just vanish right after train has passed it...horrible!

5. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

So far from what I have experienced TSW3 performing worse than TSW2. Considering I only have 2 Routes installed this is absolutely worrying. TSW2 did run relatively smooth if you haven't had a ton of routes installed. By every route you installed it got a bit worse.

TSW3 now runs this bad and I can't imagine just how it shall handle multiple routes add ons at this state. Again I trusted DTG, again I got a massive disappointment.

Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel-Würzburg is a stuttering nightmare tbh. I will try to uninstall TSW2 when I'm back home and clear my Database so it might will help a bit but I'm not convinced it'll do much.

DTG you have to get your act together, you commited yourself to the Gen8's so you owe us a finsih product that is playable. TSW on PS4 is just not finish and I would consider it to be called unfinished, if not broken. So since over a Year we deemed to play a broken version of this game but asked to pay the Same price as everyone. Is this fair to your eyes ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Do you mean rebuilding your database?
    If so, let us know here if it gives any siginificant effect, I've never being doing this on my PS4, hence I'm interested if it brings any changes in games stuttering.

• Like Like x 1