Tsw3 Suggestion: Snow Ploughs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oakleymoss#1362, Sep 28, 2022.

1. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

*Please note that this is about adding British snow ploughs for British routes*

With DTG announcing the arrival of the Rail Head Treatment Train for TSW3 on Oct 4th (find out more here: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/brand-new-tsw3-loco-bundle), I suggest that DTG should add Snow Ploughs for TSW3..

Why?
    TSW3 has brought in Dynamic Weather which gives snow the ability to gradually built up in layers.. This would cause to be hard to see the tracks ahead and therefore a snow plough would be needed to clear the line. Yes, in game the snow doesn't go high enough for a snow plough to be needed but I personally think that it would be a cool feature (pun not intended).

In-game, the effects coming from the RHTT are for visual and audible effect only so therefore, I think that snow plough could be for visual effect only with a particle effect displayed at the front as if it was clearing the track.

Which Routes?
    The snow plough could be used for two British routes with these being Southeastern High Speed and Spirit of Steam. Both snow ploughs would bring in more services to play as well as at least one scenario for each route

SEHS
    During Spring, Summer and Autumn, these could be seen stored at Hoo Junction. During winter, these could be seen being pushed/hauled by two class 66s (as seen in the second image)..
    upload_2022-9-28_21-44-34.png

upload_2022-9-28_21-59-0.png
    SOS

This Snow-Plough (as seen being worn 45127 below) could appear at random on locomotives when hauling either passengers or freight during winter. A stabled steam locomotive could also have a chance of wearing one during winter aswell..
    upload_2022-9-28_21-47-27.png

What do YOU think about my suggestion?

• Like Like x 4
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1