Route Tsw7 The Grand East Devon Network: Exeter – Exmouth & The Lost Sidmouth Loop (1960s Transition)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ferrari#5463, Sep 27, 2026 at 3:11 PM.

  1. ferrari#5463

    ferrari#5463 New Member

    Joined:
    Sunday
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi everyone,I’ve been digging deeply into the local railway history of the Devon coast, and with the Riviera Line remaining such a massive pillar of the UK network in Train Sim World 7, I want to suggest the ultimate historical expansion to complete the network. Right now, our commuter timetables simulate services departing Exeter St Davids toward Exmouth, only for the track to abruptly vanish past the junction.I want to officially propose a standalone route expansion: The Grand East Devon Network: Exeter to Exmouth via the Avocet Line, continuing through the lost loop to Budleigh, Littleham, and Sidmouth, specifically set in the early 1960s Transition Era.As a massive rail history enthusiast, it breaks my heart that the modern-day layout of these lines has been completely erased. If you visit Exmouth today, the grand, historic four-platform station and its sprawling yard are completely buried beneath a relief road and an M&S Foodhall. By backdating this route to the 1960s before the Beeching closures, we could experience this legendary network in crisp, unpixelated 3D.

    The Avocet Line: I want to drive past the beautiful Exe Estuary through Topsham and Lympstone, pulling into the massive, fully operational four-platform Exmouth Terminus.The Lost Coastal Extension: From Exmouth, the tracks didn’t use to stop. I want to pull out of the terminal and drive the trains through the deep cuttings down to Littleham Station and out to the beautiful coastal stop at Budleigh Salterton.The Inland Junction: From Budleigh, the route would snake inland through East Budleigh and Newton Poppleford to reach the busy junction hub at Tipton St Johns.The Sidmouth Branch: From the junction, we could drop straight down into the bustling terminal at Sidmouth, complete with its active goods yards and seaside platforms.

    The Lost Coastal Extension: From Exmouth, the tracks didn’t use to stop. I want to pull out of the terminal and drive the trains through the deep cuttings down to Littleham Station and out to the beautiful coastal stop at Budleigh Salterton. And reach the destination of this lost part of the avocet line... Sidmouth
     

Share This Page