Other Tunnel Camera's

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dallas117, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So.......is there any word on when we are actually going to have the ability to use our cameras in tunnels like we used to and what we are constantly shown in trailers of the game. I was told this was coming and it has now been another significant period of time, and it is still not available

• Like Like x 2
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Hopefully soon . However still not a technical problem

3. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

i asked this too a while back and was told by someone who works at dtg that a fix for this was being worked on, but no timescale was given as to when this may be released.

my only frustration with tsw2 is that if you have front camera view while driving (which is my preference and used this all the time in tsw2020 with absolutely no issues at all) it cuts back to the cab as soon as you enter a tunnel.

for me it interupts the gameflow. there are three tunnels between brighton and lewis on ecw, two on cathcart and way too many on faversham to london, it would be perfect if you could drive a route from one end to the other with front camera view, without being interrupted in tunnels.

as i said this worked no issue at all on tsw2020, it's a shame that it occurs on tsw2. if it wasn't for the fact i really like the new british routes (faversham, cathcart etc) i'd switch back to the older version

so in conclusion, i agree with you and hope there's a fix sometime soon

• Like Like x 2
  4. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

and it is a technical problem, it is a problem with the technogy on the game and myself, the original poster and i imagine a fair few others would like to know if and when a fix may become available

• Like Like x 2
  5. Coastway trainspotter

No , it is a feature that DTG implemented when TSW2 released . The reason for this was because there wouldn’t be enough room to see in the tunnels

6. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

It worked perfectly well back in February 2019 when I bought TSW. Now, in the "superior" TSW2, it doesn't. It's not a feature they implemented in TSW2, it's a feature which was present in TSW which has been disabled in TSW2.

7. Coastway trainspotter

Which is the same thing really

8. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

This is pure arbitrariness, on SFJ you can't even use the external camera under bridges.
    Funnily enough, on the LIRR they somehow forgot to disable the external camera in tunnels.
    For me it is simply a lame excuse that there is not enough space in tunnels, TSW 2020 has proven the opposite for years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I think the reason for this are the tunnels of BKL, which nobody is supposed to walk into. It was the easiest approach to simply port the user into the cab as soon as the viewpoint moves into a tunnel. That might be understandable as a short-term solution, but it should have been modified to a more sophisticated solution by now, imho.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

most likely part of the licensing arrangements for bakerloo.

Surely as using camera in tunnel and preventing the camera are both clearly possible, a flag to check which route is being used to decide which camera behaviour is all that's needed I would have thought.

• Like Like x 1