Two Questions In The Track Building. Just Out Of Curiosity.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sabe20189, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

These two questions are for my long range plan but I think it will help me in my planning if I know the answers in advance. All I need are two yes or no answerer.

Question 1; Will it be possible to line a switch from the locomotive cab for switching purposes?

Question 2; If I have, let's say, a 20 mile route, can I have two locomotives operating in opposing directions an create a meet with one going through a siding and the other on the main track or does one have to be a static train?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Q1 - The points on the mainline are only operated by the Driver in a Free Roam
    In a Scenario the train runs from a starting point to it's finishing point and the route is set up by the AI system
    Only in a Yard can the driver change the points - sometimes you need to check you are going on the correct track.

Q2 - With two trains operating on a single line the AI train would not run the full route but would be parked out of view of the passing loop.
    The player train would be timed to leave after the AI train has arrived in the loop - you might be able to time both trains arriving on the main and loop at the same time and the AI train would end in the loop.
    Nothing to gain by having the AI train start miles from the loop or restart from the loop after the player train departs.

Peter

3. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

Thank you 749006, That make it very clear I understand I was hoping it might be run something like flight simulator where you can have a multiple player at a different location but on the same game. Does that make sense?

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes but the game does not support Multiplayer.
    If you think of a journey by train from one city to another as you travel thru the countryside you see other trains pass you.
    In real life those trains might have come a long distance but you only see them briefly.

In the game those trains are the supporting rolls in your main production.
    You hold centre stage driving the train but the other AI trains only need to enter the stage at their allotted time.
    The routes have portals so a train that has run can leave the stage.

Work out what you want the player train to do and then you fit the AI trains around yours

Peter

5. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

Thank you. That makes total sense.