Tyne And Wear Metro

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ScaniaSimulator, Jun 20, 2021.

1. ScaniaSimulator

ScaniaSimulator New Member

The Tyne and Wear Metro service is a service that operates in the North Eastern Region of England. It serves places such as Sunderland, Newcastle, Whitley Bay and South Shields. It has 48.2 miles of track, and is separated into 2 lines: Green Line, and Yellow Line. The Green Line connects South Hylton and Newcastle Airport via Sunderland and Newcastle. Yellow Line connects South Shields and St. James (via Whitley Bay. At Monument station, there is a rare track sequence called the "pretzel configuration", where the train goes to the station twice on the same service, something that you rarely see.
    [​IMG]
    The rolling stock for this service would be preferably set in two time periods, one being 2013-2019 and the other 2022 onwards.
    The 2013-2019 period would see the current rolling stock as of today, the Class 994, and Class 599.
    [​IMG]
    The class 994, were built between 1980 and 1982*, and are the finished product in use on the Tyne and Wear Metro. The fleet number goes from 4003 to 4082, with the exception of 4040. These units are in Nexus' Tyne & Wear Metro Livery.
    The class 599, were prototypes, with different door alarms, and un-refurbished seating. These units are numbered, 4001,4002,4040 and 4083. 4001 has a special livery celebrating 40 years of Tyne and Wear Metro. [​IMG]
    Both 599 and 994 use power drawn from 25kvAC Overhead Wires.

2022+ Period
    In 2022, the Class 994 and 599 will be replaced by Stadler's Class 777 units. These are currently being built, and, draw power from 25kv AC Overhead Wires. [​IMG]
    There are 3 liveries to this, white, yellow, and grey.[​IMG]

That is it from me, if you want to see this please like this forum, and if you want more info, feel free to search it up! :)

• Like Like x 11
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good idea but you got your overhead wire voltage wrong because it's 1.5kv DC like LGV Mediterranean Line Marseille Saint Charles section. Also the Dutch routes like Amsterdam-Arnhem and it's International section the Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway. This uses PZB instead of AWS TPWS DSD that means Ebbsfleet to Faversham SEHS. Since KVB VACMA TVM-430 is used on SEHS Ebbsfleet International to St Pancras.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. waflenuke1

waflenuke1 New Member

The new metros are class 555s

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I believe there was concern about arcing if high voltage was used since most of the lines were repurposed suburban routes and clearances were tight in places.

• Like Like x 2
  5. arnoldrimmer12

arnoldrimmer12 New Member

the Class 777 is on Mersey Rail, the new Trains are the Class 555

6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

We know, read above replies.

And I recommend having a look at the forums rules, this is what's called a 'necrobump'. Quite annoying for people like myself, when our suggestions are put below dead threads.

7. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Oh hey, the suggestion I was gonna make was already here on the first page!

The line's really suited to the game, I think. An excellent example of a local light rail network And would be fairly efficient to model, as there's a few basic platform styles, with one or two notable standouts like Tynemouth where it's the old victorian station. Several parts run through cuttings or underground, while there are a few real standout setpiece views like Manors-Byker, or crossing the Tyne. It'd be nice for being able to change on foot between services running to the coast and those running north-south at the multi-level underground Monument station, too, and as mentioned, the classic rolling stock and the new 555s would potentially give a pair of options.

There'd also be the the possibility if the scope was a bit much, of doing it in an earlier decade, with only the classic rolling stock, and prior to the 2002 or 1991 green line extensions.

8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Having just played the Cathcart Circle Line for the first time, I can confirm a significant portion of the necessary environmental assets for this already exist :D