Fishing Sim World Ugh

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by capnframunda, Nov 25, 2018.

1. capnframunda

capnframunda New Member

Worst $40 I have spent yet. Wish I could get my money back. The glitches are so frustrating that I don't even want to play anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kingfish22

Kingfish22 Member

Oh its not that bad! They are fixing stuff weekly! Give it some time. There is no perfect game, common man.

3. capnframunda

capnframunda New Member

It is that bad. Tournaments where I have no boat, rods that won't cast, lures that won't change, game freezing constantly. And the list goes on. Maybe instead of "fixing" stuff weekly they should have spent a little more time getting it right to start.

4. Kingfish22

Kingfish22 Member

Then don't play it. No one wants to hear your bitching on here. Email the dev team and complain to them.

5. capnframunda

capnframunda New Member

Suck it

6. Kingfish22

Kingfish22 Member

Classy...

7. Luiz Paiva

Luiz Paiva New Member

cool...

8. Luiz Paiva

Luiz Paiva New Member

No bait depth adjustements for float fishing... no dynamic time... bluegills biting on 5 inches lures and no bites on live baits... among other things...

9. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Ive caught bluegill on 10 inch texas rigged worms its not like it doesnt happen, do we need panfish tackle? YES but still its fine

10. Luiz Paiva

Luiz Paiva New Member

Any bait (live or dead worm, fly , bread , etc) suspended under the float on a #20 hook is enough... I am not saying bluegills Will never bite on artificial lure but it is quite improbable. They made it like if it was the usual behavior...and No bite on suspended baits... totally screwed up. Bluegills are not like bass or pike or perch (i.e. predators)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Force

Michael Force New Member

It would be great to fish for panfish.. I.E...crappie and bluegill with realistic baits and techniques, simulating real world fishing. I'm sure they will get to it in time. Meanwhile, I'll catch a few here and there on a huge rattletrap... Lol No worries.

12. capnframunda

capnframunda New Member

So, days later and frustration subsided, I'll try to make a better point. I get that there is a learning curve with gaming and that there will be issues here and there when playing online. But the majority of the time is not ok. As most do, I work hard for my money and expect a properly working product once purchased. I don't have loads of time to sit down and play and when i do and its problem after problem it gets old. Over the weekend I tried playing in an online bass tournament and the timer started and I was stuck on the lake map screen until I backed out, then the next attempt I was put on the dock with no boat at every dock. Finally get in and have a boat, my rods won't cast, and I can't change lures. So after half an hour I gave up. It would be nice if instead of rushing a product that needs constant "fixes" we get a ready to play game from the start. I see potential in this one but am hesitant to play much more and unwilling to dump any more cash into add-ons. If this is deemed bitchin, so be it, feel free to move along without comment. Have a good day all, hopefully it gets better.

13. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Up here in ohio we catch perch the same way as bluegill or crappie. On a wax worm or shiner. I dont know about european perch however. What we need is crappie rigs and live bait. Plus jigs. And dropshots. And tubes. Im not even gonna go on. Just enjoy the game. We have trolling motors now. Its a good sign. And helps immensely. The developers are listening unlike on other fishing games ive played.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Luiz Paiva

Luiz Paiva New Member

I believe you. Just saying that bluegills also bite on live baits and I wanted to see that.

15. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Well dtg needs to look into it. And add a couple more like shiners or wax worms. They just havent put very much focus on panfish. Yet. I mean a couple months ago we didnt have bluegill period. So just think ahead because i definitely believe they will be adding more and more to the game

16. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

But Dtg needs our support. Ive said this once already. Being from the north and with this wacky “global warming” or whatever ive had multiple years where as soon as november hits us, the weather makes fishing impossible. Sometimes even till late spring. Ive had years where theres too much ice to put a boat in or cast from the bank but still not enough ice to ice fish on. The only chance i have is drilling holes off the side of heavily fished docks. Its a real crap situation. This game although it needs improvement has been like a withdrawal remedy for me.im a fishohaulic.

17. Luiz Paiva

Luiz Paiva New Member

I agree there's a lot of potential in this sim bacause it has been built on a very Nice engine. Just hope the devs keep improving and listening to the community. BTW I have just turned my PS4 and there is a 2.4 GB update dowloading. Let's see what we get

18. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Let me know what it is

19. Kingfish22

Kingfish22 Member

It's the big tolling motor update, that was released Tuesday!

20. Luiz Paiva

Luiz Paiva New Member

they also improved fish behavior in terms of roaming depth. next step should be adjustable depth for float fishing... then we are talking.. crossing my fingers here

21. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Adjustable depth on float fishing is something that's being looked into.
    They said on this weeks stream they have a few announcements coming soon about various things

22. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

You guys got the trolling motor update a day late?

23. jason225

jason225 New Member

Well I say, welcome to the world of instant fixes and updates!! I am sure gaming companies are saving money and time by letting us (the gamers) test the games instead of hiring testers. The game will get better as updates come through. All games will be this way soon, ALL OF THEM will have many bugs as a new game, with updates to fix and change as you play.

You are thinking of the old days, once a game comes out, there is no fixing it and an update means you have to buy another game if you want it fixed lol. We might be better off this way, games will release sooner and your actual complaint might make a game change. This could not be done with games before!!

24. capnframunda

capnframunda New Member

Since my initial frustrations I have not run into nearly as many issues. When I do come up against something I have learned how to work around or correct it. I have gone from occasional play to daily. If I could just figure out to get toward the top of the leader boards every now and then on the weekly online tournaments. Either way this game keeps getting better and is a good way to chill when i can't get out for some real world fishing.

• Like Like x 1