PC Ugly Cabviews On 32:9 Screens On Some Commuter Trains

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by joerg.lange, Jan 18, 2020.

1. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

Is there any idea how to improve the cabviews on 32:9 screens?

Just look at the screenshots. I honestly don't enjoy that (feels like looking through a peephole) and it's even worse on East Coastway or Long Island Railroad trains. This keeps me from using these DLCs, which is a shame.

I've often thought about how to improve this. Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the FOV or move the driver's seat forward. The zoom function (mouse wheel) zooms in way too much, so this isnt helpful.

Are there any ideas or .ini-gimmicks to improve this at least a little bit?

20200118133639_1.jpg 20200118143830_1.jpg

2. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

This probably isn't helping you very much, but the FOV in those screenshots looks close to reality for me. I once had the chance of a cab ride and the driver is actually sitting quite far away from the windscreen, hence the peephole effect. And just like in the screenshots, your vision to the sides is basically non-existent.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

the larger issue here is a PC game in this day and age without a FOV slider.

any other game that releases with shoddy PC options gets slated, so why isnt this issue pushed more?

4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Too many goddamn issues to push! :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Because your Monitor is 32:9 you need to change the in game settings to give you a better cab view
    Page 22 of the TSW 2020 Manual shows you where to change the Settings in the game to something like 1920x1080
    It also gives the option to run in Windowed or Windowless mode

To change my FOV I roll the Mouse wheel - It seems easier than having a separate FOV slider :D

Peter

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1