Unused Potential Of London Paddington Neighbourhood In Great Western Express

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dath Vater 208, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

There are two stations that I thought were wasted, both in TSW GWE and TS Oxford-Paddington. After a recent update I saw 1972 Mk2 Tube Stock standing on unused platforms (Don't remember what station it was) and I had an idea. I looked closely at rails near Royal Oak. Those are Underground rails. So I suggest (I mean this is in "Suggestions" ;-)) adding 1972 Mk2 Tube Stock (Maybe also that aluminium livery from NJE to be usable, when player owns NJE) services, since Bakerloo Line comes in basic bundle. In this case, 1972 Mk2 Tube Stocks would perform services from London Paddington, via Royal Oak to Westbourne Park, like they (I think, I'm not British person) work in reality. I hope I have a good idea, DTG will see it and GWE will have working underground (Or maybe onground? :)) DTG, you are doing great work with TSW2! Like this thread if you like this idea Share it too, please :)

Update: They announced Island Line 2022 with br 484 unfortunately not as LU. But in original IoW they included br 483 and after that 1938 Tube was realeased. Is there a chance of getting onground LU lines?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As GWE just had a major revamp from the Preservation Crew, I would imagine it unlikely DTG will be revisiting the route again any time soon.

3. Dath Vater 208

I know, as I said I saw 1972 Stock on GWE, it is on LU rails near one of the stations, but maybe one day...

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The line that runs next to Paddington is the Circle Line and Hammersmith and City line. They don't use deep level tube stock. They run the S7 stock which is sub surface trains. Adding the 72 stock wouldn't make sense and is unrealistic

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dath Vater 208

Oh, I didn't know that. So that earlier one was other line?

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yeah the Hammersmith and Circle lines come into Paddington on the "top side" and you can see these tracks on foot up by platform 14 at Paddington (in game). Just after Paddington these lines then dive under the mainline and scoot off to the south. They's subsurface so don't use the traditional "tube type stock" but the more upright S class
    If DTG were to make this it would make more sense to make something of the District / Met / Hammersmith / Circle which use this stock and then put a layer into GWE. Hardly any point making a whole train just for AI for about 30 seconds in game!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dath Vater 208

I know, but as I wrote, I'm not British. I don't know rolling stock of LU besides 1972 Tube Stock and 1938 Tube Stock

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

9. Dath Vater 208

Update: They announced Island Line 2022 with br 484 unfortunately not as LU. But in original IoW they included br 483 and after that 1938 Tube was realeased. Is there a chance of getting onground LU lines?

10. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Underground and Overground lines, like all other lines/routes are always a potential. I wouldn’t read to much into the similarities of releases, as you wouldn’t be too far of to envisage the whole underground network which I’m sure they haven’t got planned at the present.

similar to how Paddington is in the game but not all possible destinations from their aren’t

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  11. Dath Vater 208

If it was Warsaw Underground, probably one Route DLC would be enough, since there are only two short lines there (M1 and M2) XD