Euro Fishing Update Is Now Live!

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by DTG Darren N, Oct 11, 2016.

1. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

We are pleased to announce that our latest update has been passed by Microsoft and is now available to both Xbox One and PC players. We appreciate the patience you have shown whilst this update has gone through testing and certification.

Highlights of this update include the following;

• This build aims to prevent fish from being able to swim onto the bank. We have spent over a week testing this and have not seen it happen at all. However, we cannot replicate it being played by the 10’s of thousands of you so if anyone does experience a fish going onto land, please let us know the details including which lake and which peg within that lake.

• Line ‘snapping’ randomly has also been fixed and should not happen anymore. As above, if anyone does still experience this then let us know!

• Multiple takes – now if you are playing a fish and get a fish on your second rod, you will have 2 minutes before that fish escapes. If you are lucky enough to get a bite on your third rod, you will have 4 minutes before that fish escapes.

• We have updated UE4 to version 4.12.5

• We have changed the way our physics system works so that fish now behave more realistically and make the fight feel smoother.

• Megladon – Our biggest catfish has proved very tricky to catch so we have made it slightly easier to get him to take your bait (but we aren’t telling you how!)

• Surface tension on the line so that it now floats on the water when necessary.

• Improvement to the reel mechanics.

• Fixed clients sometimes being unable to connect to multiplayer games hosted under the same NAT.

• Optimised several assets in multiple lakes

The following bugs have also been fixed in this update

• A soft lock will occur in the 'Baiting' tutorial if the user walks away from the peg.

• Score is taken in Challenges when the casting goes out of bounds and is pulled into the water.

• Steam profiles are not displayed after selection in the leaderboards.

• Rod selection and pick up rod buttons lose functionality when opening tournament map.

• Opening and closing the pause menu causes the line to be reeled in a small amount.

• Progress in the Academy (tutorial) stages can be blocked by using a reel exploit.

• If the hook bounces on the water during a Distance challenge, it counts as two casts.

• Music plays throughout single player tournaments that is only intended to play at the beginning.

• Score is taken in Challenges when the casting goes out of bounds and is pulled into the water.

2. titan28

titan28 Active Member

just testing out the new update.. not too good to be honest.. super springy rods bouncing all over the shop.. fish swimming in circles.. line physics too extreme.. takes ages to reel in a fish.. doesnt seem to be a connection between the fish and the rod, the fish just swims where it wants to swim regardless of the pressure on it from the rod.. I enjoyed this game a lot.. lvl 25.. 100k in tp, spent a lot of time playing, so I will give it a bit longer to see if it gets any better, I think alot of people may give up on this till the next update maybe. hmmm.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Danger M Dave

Danger M Dave New Member

Oh dear...

Fish swim around like sailfish on steroids and spin in little circles all the time, the rod bends and wobbles like I'm shaking it wildly and the line is tight, slack, tight, slack.

• Like Like x 3
  4. eae

eae New Member

sorry, this update kills the game
    unplayable, no forcefeedback of the fish, you feel only the reel
    if I apply a higher setting than the default 30, I am immediately in the red area, and also no appreciable gain of force feedback effect

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rolf Harris

Rolf Harris New Member

Shocking!

I feel I deserve a full refund for this piece of stinking dog's muck. Or at least the ability to remove this absolute howler of an update. Purchased the game last week and was loving it, even with its glitches, but after losing all but one fish, which was a measly 17lb, I bloody hate it. It's as if I'm spodding out pure amphetamine; the fish are absolute nuts!

If you were going to make any changes to the physics/gameplay it should have been to make the clutch work like a clutch.

Poor job, poor testing, but unfortunately the joke is on me for having paid £15 to play the game for a week only to have it dumped all over.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sun

Sun New Member

Hate to agree but I have to. You somehow managed to make the game in even worse a state than it already was. Sadly it looks like I'll just have to uninstall and give up on this...shame because it really was one of my favorite games played this year. As broken as it was before the update with the constant snapping and fish swimming to land, it was more tolerable than this. Will be avoiding dovetail games in the future

7. CHROMELINR

CHROMELINR New Member

Issue's that i see. My character reels backwards even though I'm not touching anything, so when I do get a fish I'm fighting myself and the fish and get extreme line slack as a result.

The rode action feels like I'm using a medium action ultra light, flopping around in the wind.....it's bad

The line thickness has increased for reasons unknown. Looks like a big line of Play-Doh

I notice that it was about a 30 second fight for a 3 pound fish and now it's about 10+ minutes for anything over that. The fish are hardly affected by the drag since your character let's out line while he reels it and the fish get all the slack in the world to work with regardless of your rode position and "spit the hook" 95% of the time

While fighting any fish, after about 3 minutes of frantically reeling in the fish doing loop-do-loops in the water as if it was drunk, the character begins to slow down the retrieval speed on his own?!?! And you're forced to let of the trigger and hit it again just to get him to start reeling once more.

A week wasted I'd say but I hope this feed back helps

8. Danger M Dave

Danger M Dave New Member

I don't want to uninstall and run away, I want it to get better so I can continue to enjoy it.

9. QPD77

QPD77 Member

As much as I hate to say it, I have stopped playing it.......my issues so far:

* Line floats across the water, and moves any cast around the lake bed
    * Fights are now massively frustrating...fish picks up, there is no longer any line tension, then the fish suddenly swims off and hook comes out
    * Casts now end up either in the sky or the terrain marker ends up under the water
    * The rods (if you actually manage to catch a fish) bounce around like crazy. This is now totally unrealistic and again really frustrating. There wasn't anything wrong with the actual fight of a fish before except for them snapping with no opportunity to loosen clutch/lower rod, etc and when they go up the bank
    * Alarms not sounding in some cases (which personally I don't mind because Delkims are horrible!) but that means I have to watch the lines instead of watching the lake for showing fish

As I don't fish the tournaments I can't comment on them

Come on DTG, this started off as a very promising game and easily the most realistic and well though out fishing game.

Can I make a suggestion? Since no-one will be playing the game in it's current form, why not send out the next update to the Forum members to Beta Test???? We've already proved that we play it relentlessly (until now) and it's not like we will go easy on the reviews!!! This way you will get feedback directly from the everyday players. It would appear that the base level programming was fine, it's just the updates haven't merged with the original game very well.

I'm sure there would be plenty of people on here who would love to see this game fixed! Especially the real time anglers among us who need a game like this to get our fix!!!

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  10. Benn

Benn Member

What qpd77 said!!!

11. EaszyTarget

EaszyTarget New Member

WOW .... we wait all that time for you guys to fix the fish swimming up the bank and you do this to us ? THANKS A BUNCH .....

I would definately like to know who is testing this for you ..... a fine job your current testers are doing .... this patch was obviously extremely thoroughly tested ...

fishing on presa in the top left corner of the map , stalking with a 9ft stalking rod , big pit reel , size 12 waggler and chopped worm ... i am hooking into a fish then hitting A to land immediately ... is several videos of this on my feed.

im also suffering with all the rod bouncing and line tension bouncing equally as much for no good reason...

i think i will leave this on the shelf until i see the next update and then hope that it works or it will probably get written off as a loss , such a shame , this game has soo much potential too..

12. xPeete

xPeete New Member

Sorry DTG but this update is broken in a massive way rods and lines all over the place can't tell what is going on half the time fish on bravo still swimming on land 25lbs line snapping for no reason it's almost impossible to catch a fish as the tension bar is inconsistent 1 second it's in th red then there's no tension Someone made a comment on rolling out the next update to forum members this is a belting idea as you guys will get plenty of information regarding issues before sending out the update to all your fans and players that love the game me I would be more than happy to beta test updates on this game as I just love it but as it stands it is now officially unplayable and am saddened that I won't be able to play for a while however this game still has great potential and hope for a speedy fix on these problems

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hechtlander

Hechtlander New Member

It seems the PC players does not have problems with the update?

14. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Please see our separate thread regarding this update. We are very sorry and hugely frustrated with how this update has gone and are working as hard as we can to rectify it as quickly as possible.

15. Benn

Benn Member

I'm happy to beta test too!!

16. AngryManL0ve

AngryManL0ve New Member

Guys. This update has pretty much ruined the experience for me. 4 days ago I caught the Cheetah...and I was loving it. The update applied tonight...and...just no. Everything posted above is accurate. Love that you guys want to make the game better. Love that part. That didn't happen in this update. Don't want to bail on the game...but this update is not good at all.

The game froze and booted myself and two other friends twice...and all three of us played on the new update for a grand total of 45 minutes and will all not be playing until this update is resolved.

17. Tucklis

Tucklis Member

I feel like we've all been beta testers anyway because it certainly wasn't a fully functioning game when it was released on Xbox

• Like Like x 1