Update: Train Sim World Patch Notes 4/10/2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Luke, Oct 4, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Here's the patch notes for the update to TSW on the Xbox One, v1.2.35:

CORE

• Fixed an issue which caused the Class 47 to jump off the turntable on the WSR
    • Numerous optimisation improvements and fixes
    • Added support for Ruhr Sieg Nord

UI

• Fixed issues in collectables UI, where it would sometimes show more collected than available.
    • Fixed an issue where the speed limit would not correctly update on the HUD.
    • Numerous localisation fixes.

• Like Like x 5
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Thanks, was just wondering what the update is for that i´m currently loading.

3. mosko war

mosko war Member

well I'm grateful, because an update at this point is always good, it is a sign that this great simulator is not abandoned yet, and I hope to see CSL Heavy Haul dlc one day, it is worth dreaming with me hehehehe:D:D:D:D

4. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Yes, good to see updates. I really believe in this game and love the potential. It just feels it hasn’t harnessed the full power of the consoles yet. Hopefully optimisations will start to do that. Cheers for all the work.

5. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Great stuff, looks like a fairly hefty update at 5.9 gig so hopefully some good optimisation and fixes are included :)

I'm kinda gonna sit on my wallet for now as I've not long bought the game and first dlc and want to see how committed dovetail are to improving it! It really needs one X support :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. davem300490

davem300490 New Member

It would have been great to see the achievements fixed in this update for the NEC route, are they every going to be fixed or shall I go on holding my breath!?

7. Crochunter1970

Has anyone noticed specific improvements since the patch?

8. xD 2Bad4You

In a first quick test i noticed less framedrops to below 40. Can be a coincidence though. Need to do further testing

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crochunter1970

Yes, just played it for about 30 minutes. Performance improvement noticeable. Frame rate on Xbox X improved. Also, oddly, possibly improved draw distance?? Either way, the patch has been good so far.

10. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I play TSW on Xbox One X and before this update my digital copy of TSW Founder Edition (+ all the console DLC) never crashed (I reached level 99 as main character driver...so I think I played a "bit" this little jewel of game). After daily update I just tried two HST Services and one Class 66 Service (Great Western Railway) and during the run (I play with external cam) my game crashes in all the Services (3 of 3 = 100% of times). Repeat: my game never crashed between march and today before the update.

update post: I also tried to restart my console with the power shut down but my game (Services London-Reading) crashed again...I already tested (and crashed) 5 times of 5 :(.

I also tried to play a Service in the New York NEC dlc, just one run between New Rochelle and Newark International Airport and the game worked perfectly (I pushed the poor ACS 64 at 238kmh to tested the route under a sort of stress test and the frame rate was perfect)). So, at moment, the only route unplayabe is the Great Western Railway (London-Reading). Like I pass the 65-70mph (about 120-130kmh) the game crash all the times.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  11. Crochunter1970

I have not experienced crashing but have only played on WSR, which was already a well performing track. I must try out GWR to see how it goes. I mostly use driver cam though.

12. xD 2Bad4You

Do you have a Service Number of the ones you tried where the Crash happened?

13. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Didn't have any crashing issues last night although I use the driver cam as well so maybe it's that or an installation issue?

I tried a gwr route last night and did notice the framerate was smoother walking around in stations, it still drops heavily when you look down the track or in certain areas but I'd say it's improved (or its not as bad)

I also tried a hauling service on the new york route in daylight and that did perform better than usual but again the framerate dropped looking down the tracks.

Deffo a step in the right direction and great to see them addressing the performance, cheers :)

14. Crochunter1970

Just to clarify, this is using and external camera and in the BR HST class train. Paddington to Reading. No stops?

15. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the crash depended from the specific Service, but I think that happen like the train speed pass the 110-120 kmh (about 60-65 mph). Anyway if someone would to try, I remember that I tested the Class 66 Service 4E03 that start at Reading at the 11.01 AM, I always used external camera. (And yes, the same happen also with the Class 43 HST from Reading to London Paddington always like I move the train speed over the 110-120 kmh. And yes, *at moment* this happen only in GWR route. *at moment* 'cause i tested only on GWR and New York NEC dlc, and the (NEC) ACS 64 Services worked fine.)

Thank you

16. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

7orenz could you open a ticket at dovetailgames.kayako.com
    I'm afraid this close to the weekend you may not get a response until Monday but I'll chase it up for you. Can you also let us know if this happens on any other service too?

17. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Yes, Just 5 minutes ago I tried also the Class 66 Service 4L08 that start at Reading at 8:41 AM, and this time I tried to play from inside the cab (I used the default camera, without switching between internal and external) and like I moved my train speed over the 110-120kmh (about 70mph) my game crashed again.

Update: the crash happen also if I run under the 60kmh (about 30mph) and if I drive all Service (until the game crash) with the default camera, inside the locomotive cab. The crash happen in different (probably all?) Services of GWR in both directions (London-Reading/Reading-London) and with all trains (Class 43 HST, DB Class 66, and Class 166). Before the 4 october update, in about 300 Services played my game never crashed (I had 0% of crashes). After this patch I tried about 20 GWR Services and they crashed all the times (I had the 100% of crashed, so the GWR Services now are unplayable).

• Like Like x 1
  18. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Whilst this thread is active i would like to notify you of a glitch in the rapid transit DLC.

It's on service 1210. There's a train that is stuck at raguhn making the service impossible to complete.

19. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

GWE Crashing Update (problem solved)
    Finally after 48 hours of testing (I also deleted\re-installed the game) my GWE Services come back to working perfectly.
    To explain how I solved it's absolutely not logical because after reintalled the GWE main package (6GB) my GWE Services has continue to crashed. I also have a 2nd character of level 20. I tried to play some Service also with this one but the game crashed the same (like to say that the crash was not created by the experience level of my main char (the jump from 99 to 100... a sort of "level-bug" similar to the most famous "millennium-bug" :D )).

So, as last chance, I created a new character (level 0) and I started directly with a random GWE Service. This looks like unbelieveble but with this new character I ran my 1st "new" Service without the game crash! So I continued to test the GWE Services with this new character and I played 4 or 5 Services with zero crashes. At this point, I switched character and come back to my main character and replay these Services with this one. I know, it's unbelieveble, it's has not sense, but my GWE Services come back to work perfectly (0% of crashes) like before the patch.

Thank you all and perdon me for my bad english (and get ready for next 9 october )

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  20. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

When is the Xbox one x patch releasing. It is after all , a game that is meant to be getting the upgrade and when is Multiplayer coming. Would be great if you can Add 158s , South west trains 159s. New 802s

21. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

guys, have a look over on the PS4 forum in General Discussion and Known errors for more info on our experiences. We are having posts removed for some reason, just for discussing the patch (the 5.9Gb includes the DLC, that actual patch notes above cover what..a few meg of that)

22. xD 2Bad4You

It didnt include the DLC on XBox. I had the patch installed, it was 5.X GB and RSN was a 4.X GB download yesterday.
    Must be a PSN / PS4 specific thing