Us New Route Speculation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MAX1319, Nov 3, 2022.

1. porawit

porawit Member

They said in the stream that There will be more information in Thursday road map They may will tell you the launch date in road map

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

bad news only sixteen stations which means no Neward broad street :(

4. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

What about Newark Penn Station, Newark Liberty Airport, and also Hoboken? Will we see them on the route as well? :|

5. rennekton#1349

whatever is in the article

6. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully this time there will be NYC and NJ Skyscraper, with city vibes and atmosphere feeling in the game, unlike the Harlem Line, and not to forget the LIRR Route which was the worst with no City Ambient, atmosphere, and no skyscraper in sight :|:|:(

7. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Here are the in store STEAM Picture
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. MAX1319

Yesssss second from last picture above looks like the sunny side yard

• Like Like x 1
  9. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

It is Sunnyside Yard, cause its only make sense since all of the NJT Transit, Amtrak, Amtrak Acela are all park there :D:cool:;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. MAX1319

they must d seen all the comments and questions about and made sure they included pictures on the sunny side yard

11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Sunnyside is nice, but what about the other end, Morrisville Yard? That's where NJT has their trains in Trenton.

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

These are excellent pictures however inside Sunny Side yard in real life you should find the arrow III EMU max capacity 1380 passengers. It is the locomotive in my profile picture because I was on this route in 2004 New Brunswick to New York round trip.

13. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

They will probably do the Arrow IIIs as a add-on for the route in the future

14. MAX1319

I’m not sure if the M7 from the LIRR would even work on the new NEC trenton route since the signaling is going to be different. I know that’s what they mentioned before as one of the reason why the route hasn’t gotten a new timetable since the route would basically have to be redone. not sure if some can answer I could be wrong. can the M7 from LIRR work on the new NEC trenton?

15. MAX1319

The Morriville yard is about 3 miles south of Trenton station. Below is a snapshot from TSC 0440B862-7480-4D3B-80E9-14BB85C01D29.jpeg

16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Anyone local to this route have any info on the Service types? I took a look last night at some timetables on the NJT site and they looked…odd.

Most Journeys from Trenton were around 90 minutes long, which seems excessive for 60 miles along a fast stretch of track (as I understand it there’s a top speed of 125mph for the locos & 135/150mph for the Acela)

Also do NJT run their consists to a strict push/pull direction, or do they have locos running in both directions?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  17. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner Member

NJT Commuter Equipment is limited to 100mph max speed (the Arrow III MUs 80mph). In reality the high passenger volume can make each station stop time for NJT trains multiple minutes. Also acceleration between stops, particularly with the 10 or 11 car Multilevel sets, is not great. From experience there is also a fair amount of schedule padding included before the final stop, be it NYP or Trenton. Also a frequent occurrence on weekends in particular are track closures, and sometimes NJT trains will have to board from the inside track forcing passengers to board at one set of doors from the mini low level platforms which greatly slows everything down.

If you look at weekday schedules you'll find the "Super Expresses" in peak periods which make very few stops and make the trip significantly faster than the all-stop locals. Besides the runs the full length of the route, there are also short turn trains to/from Jersey Avenue. The NJT NEC timetable I believe also shows NJCL trains that run the corridor to Rahway and then diverge to the Coast Line, so these trains to Bay Head and Long Branch and not strictly speaking NEC line trains.

NJT sets aren't in any one orientation. Sometimes they quick turn in NYP so they remain in the same orientation for the return trip. Other times, particularly for mid-day storage, train sets will go to Sunnyside Yard and through the loop track and wind up reversed for the next trip.

• Like Like x 2
  18. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the info, since I posted I have seen that there are two ALP variants of differing power & top speeds.

I did see that there were Amtrak services which took 50ish minutes which seems more reasonable when considering the slower speeds around Newark Penn & the NYP approach. The NJT services seem like they could be very interesting indeed.

Also glad to hear that the ALP can lead in both directions, hopefully DTG allow for this too, I really do not like having locos only leading in one direction of a route.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Very common though in US commuter routes. For example, Peninsula Corridor and all diesel Metra trains are push- pull with cab cars at one end.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah, speaking in real world terms, I’m not actually adverse to the idea. My issue stems from DTG’s cab cars being a very dull experience - although that’s mostly down to the Dostos draining my soul.

21. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think the CalTrain and MBTA cab cars are well done and fun to drive. I hope the Amtrak and NJT cab cars will be good as well.

22. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with cab-cars is that they're usually way too quiet. Obviously I'm not expecting to hear an engine or traction motors, but I wish there was more track/wind noise to compensate (even with the windows/doors open it often isn't enough, so you have no aural sense of speed).

23. Randy H- NYC

Randy H- NYC New Member

Can't wait to finally try the Acela on both the updated Boston route and NEC: New York - Trenton with NJ Transit on TSW3. But I wonder does DTG know about the New Train Set fleets of Amtrak New Acela's called the Avelia Liberty and whenever Amtrak does finally put them into revenue service on the NEC, will DTG also make the new fleet for their TSW games (if not later on TSW 3, maybe a future TSW game).

Attached Files:

24. MAX1319

Back in November I stated this…….. obviously it was wishful thinking

25. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Are we going to see any Amfleet Car in the updated Boston Route?

26. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I just took this picture at Boston Station Terminal, and for some reason, the PIS System state NY Penn 18:45, Is this a placeholder for the Acela Train? Does that mean we will see them add NY Penn Station Terminal added to the updated Boston-Providence Route? :o:cool::D

Attached Files:

27. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

28. Dinosbacsi

Don't be silly, my man. That is just an already exsisting Amtrak service. Regular Amtrak trains also go from Boston to NY Penn, except slower than Acela.

And destinations that are off the map on a route often still show up on the destination displays to increase realism. Because while in game you can only drive as far as Providence, in real life that train does continue on to NY Penn, so the destination display will show that correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I don't think any trains end at Penn from Boston though.

30. rennekton#1349

No. Never ran there

31. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

32. Dinosbacsi

No chance. The Boston - Providence section we currently have in game is barely 1/4 of the Boston - New York distance. They are not going to add the remaining Providence - New York, a section which is 3 times longer than what we currently have, as a free update.

Just look at this map, Boston is on the top, right under it is Providence. That short section is what we currently have now. New York (where Penn Station is) is down in the middle, far away from the current Boston route.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  33. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Then most likely we are going to see the Metro North Stamford Line with the M8 before they can extend the Boston to Providence Line to NY Penn. I really do hope to see another Metro North Line which is Stamford Connecticut with the M8 this year. I really do hope it going to be in the summer. ;):):D:cool:

34. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

What on earth makes you think they are going to extend all the way to New York? They haven't done any extensions yet, except possibly SEHS, let alone one of a distance of that magnitude. Even TSC only got New York to New Haven as far as I know.

If they did that the calls from UK train fans for routes like Kings Cross to York would become deafening!

• Like Like x 2
  35. Crosstie

I think you should give yourself a sharp reality check before you post such fanciful ideas, or at least move over to the Suggestions sub-forum where wild notions are not uncommon.

Are you familiar at all with US geography? Do you know how far it is from Providence to New York City? Have DTG given you any indication that they are going to make another section of the NEC in the near future?

Remember, speculation does not mean entering the Twilight Zone.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  36. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

i don't think you know what i mean. I am saying that once we know that they are going to do a Metro North Hartford Connecticut Line added to the game, we will then see them extend the current Boston Providence Route to Stamford Connecticut before reaching the full route to Penn Station.

37. Crosstie

I'm reluctant to continue this pie in the sky conversation, but here's my final word:

1. DTG has given no indications that they plan to produce the routes you mention.

2. Providence to Stamford is at least 125 miles, well beyond the current limit of TSW passenger route making.

No reply is necessary, but I expect you'll make one.

• Like Like x 1
  38. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Lets get back to topic

39. Dinosbacsi

They have posted this short Acela preview video on Facebook recently. Am I the only one who thinks this tunnel lighting looks horrible? Way too bright, especially the bottom half of the tunnel. Also the train going through it doesn't seem to be affected by the lighting either. A big step backwards compared to the the same tunnel from LIRR.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  40. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

The train fades out at the end, so I guess it's just edited in there.

41. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully the station will look realistic like this especially the terminal.
    Newark Station- Newark Penn Station, also Airport Terminal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just look at the light shinning through the station, its amazing. I really hope we can see this terminal replicate in the game as well

42. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I wonder will we be able to explore the terminal and station and how far we can go when exploring

43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Oh my gosh? Is this from TS, the tunnel light look so dull.:|

44. Dinosbacsi

Judging by most other US commuter routes in TSW, I would assume we will be able to go across the footbridges/underpasses and that's it. We will likely have the usual posters and fire extinguishers as collectibles.

45. MNRRP17#1548

MNRRP17#1548 New Member

I Hope we’ll see Septa routes in the future

46. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are correct and further more they are likely to do it the following cheaply ACS-64 901-915 by reskin the ACS-64 600-670 Boston Providence to make them Comet II-IV SEPTA by reskinning the NJ Transit version like 5244
    20230217_203731.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  47. MNRRP17#1548

MNRRP17#1548 New Member

I would love to see that

48. MAX1319

You was right the next US route.

49. MNRRP17#1548

MNRRP17#1548 New Member

I Hope to see screenshots

50. rennekton#1349