Upcoming Release Us Passenger Bundle - Acela's Arrival Into Train Sim World!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

If Acela doesn't deliver, this triple release will be a case study...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Oh wow, the article dropped the link to the critical thread; now the service write-up is part of the article itself... as it should have been from the get-go...

• Like Like x 1
  3. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

What does that mean?

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really nice and for it's training level is it the new Training Centre or TSW 2 Boston Providence

5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

So "Gen8" is the new reference bar about how much content / features / layers / a.i , dlcs will have in the future? Just ridiculous .., only dtg manages to not even go with time, but also turn the wheel back to ts2020...

As a backer of almost 2 years soon, im not happy about this direction , and its very concerning.

• Like Like x 3
  6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Hold on a sec, I am not saying it is. Its merely a guess. There could be loads of reasons why they havent done it.

Hentis

7. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I agree. Matt try to explain how the new signaling should be able to handle the timetable. But to be honest as I explain the LIRR which they said signaling is outdated and they managed to put just about 10 more passenger service. They blame that they just ran out of time. I would bet this would never happen if it was an UK route or German route. I can guarantee the Next German and UK will have at least double the about of services once all the layers and AI are added. Nothing much that can be done now. They are banking on the Acela will save the day and no new timetable is planned so the 289 total services is what NEC Trenton will end up with. One less than Sursee when you add the AI. I would had never imagined this.[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
  8. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]
    What you mean by they managed to put 10 more services?

9. MAX1319

What you mean by they managed to put 10 more services?[/QUOTE]
    The LIRR has 181 passenger services.
    The new NEC Trenton 289 total services but if you take all the yard moves from sunny side is actually 188 total passenger which several of these are said to be dead heads. We don’t have the actual amount yet. The point is if we compare the two routes one that’s over two years old with old signaling system with the the NEC NY Trenton route we end up with almost the same amount of passenger services. I have the LIRR and that route is a ghost town compare to the day to day timetable. So history seems to be repeating itself even with the new signaling system. Matt says he’s sure the signaling system can handle all NJT timetable. Is just that they ran out of time and he also states there are no plans to add them in the future. So as of now we are stuck with only around 41 passenger service one way on the NJT

10. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

The new NEC Trenton 289 total services but if you take all the yard moves from sunny side is actually 188 total passenger which several of these are said to be dead heads. We don’t have the actual amount yet. The point is if we compare the two routes one that’s over two years old with old signaling system with the the NEC NY Trenton route we end up with almost the same amount of passenger services. I have the LIRR and that route is a ghost town compare to the day to day timetable. So history seems to be repeating itself even with the new signaling system. Matt says he’s sure the signaling system can handle all NJT timetable. Is just that they ran out of time and he also states there are no plans to add them in the future. So as of now we are stuck with only around 41 passenger service one way on the NJT[/QUOTE]

Oh okay i see what your saying now. For some reason I thought you said they manage to add 10 LIRR Services on the new route

11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The new NEC Trenton 289 total services but if you take all the yard moves from sunny side is actually 188 total passenger which several of these are said to be dead heads. We don’t have the actual amount yet. The point is if we compare the two routes one that’s over two years old with old signaling system with the the NEC NY Trenton route we end up with almost the same amount of passenger services. I have the LIRR and that route is a ghost town compare to the day to day timetable. So history seems to be repeating itself even with the new signaling system. Matt says he’s sure the signaling system can handle all NJT timetable. Is just that they ran out of time and he also states there are no plans to add them in the future. So as of now we are stuck with only around 41 passenger service one way on the NJT[/QUOTE]
    The 41 services also includes deadheads which means its even less

12. MAX1319

The 41 services also includes deadheads which means its even less[/QUOTE]
    Yup you are correct. This is going to be more of a ghost town than the LIRR since this route is even longer….. oh well .I’m sure the next German and UK routes will probably have even more AI than we have passenger services on this route.

• Like Like x 1
  13. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Im sure acela will be a good dlc and also worth the price etc. Im criticize the excuses like "we ran out of time" and rush out an unsfinished product. NTP for example is from the time a.i services didnt find its way into tsw. But looking close beside a 70min run you have 2 big depot (holbeck & newton heath) + redbank wagon sidings. When looking at BCC, if NTP would release today we would have probably a straith a to b due "running out of time"...

My point is price has increased which is ok in my opinion, but quality has dropped massivley in terms of unfinished products. Thats not something i will accept and spend a full price on it.

I also like they made it to the spirit for new hardware users, and removed servicec for gen8, this way all parties could have its best experienced. Nomatter for what reason the new dlc got cutted, its just not very trustful advertisment for future invests.

• Like Like x 2
  14. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Can anyone break down roughly how many services should be on the line from NJT going to Trenton? And maybe how many would partially be on the line before switching off to NJCL/Rahway.

15. rennekton#1349

121 total njt services in this dlc. 82 passenger services with some deadheads. And the rest are deadheads to and from ssy i believe.

16. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Well in a scenario it is quite forward to set up AI trains. In a timetable its harder and requires more time which they probably don't have atm... I would've loved to see LIRR stuff in NYP but yah... "It is what it is"

17. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

I agree with u here! :D
    People keep complaing abt this and that blablabla. But they wouldn't be able to make anything like DTG does. In the end they never said 'Buy this', no they make stuff because y'all want it and they still complain :')

18. rennekton#1349

Matt has already explained why. Nothing to do with gen8. More of a lack of time since every couple of services they add have to be tested and make sure signaling works across multiple locomotives and cab cars. Running a whole simulation start to finish takes a couple hours and takes up a lot of time so they couldn't really add more. But the services in game are prototypical to the real life nyp to trenton timetable so the ones that run on the mainline

19. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Comments like this man.. like y'all swilling "baby gravy" inside those cheeks of yours.

This attitude towards others who have very valid points does nothing to help incentivize these devs to do what they're capable of doing... But I guess because content you're more familiar with actually gets some respect when others have complaints about something that is near and dear to them, and repeatedly gets rushed, and shortchanged... It's complaining. Y'all just sit and repeat the same nonsense, because you can accept mediocrity. When all people expect is something being advertised to be of the quality for what they're expected to pay for.

• Like Like x 6
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I can't build a car either; that doesn't mean I would buy a Yugo.

• Like Like x 7
  21. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Then they should have allotted more time for development.

• Like Like x 12
  22. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even though the price went up, that doesn’t mean the quality will be better, the price just went up like everything else has

23. MAX1319

Imagine when BML came out they would had said we only included the lines going to brighton.we ran out of time so no other services, no AI, no branches, no london bridge services, no freighter and no plans to add them…… imagine that

• Like Like x 7
  24. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

DTG has said many times that development is done for current-gen systems and then scaled back where necessary to run on gen 8.

• Like Like x 1
  25. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

I want to ask this question I think dovetail has been ignoring our comments and idea and suggestions as a community we need to get our voices heard so the developers can do a better job at delivering better content. We deserve better and I think dovetail are being lazy they need to make TSW better as a franchise and not having to make all the DLCs expensive like $39.99 and beyond we need to let dovetail games now how we feel. They could have extended Boston Providence to New Haven, Connecticut and they had a lot of potential for New York Trenton and they wasted it. If we want to get our voice heard we got to say something. We deserve to be better as a community. We our voice is heard.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  26. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Exactly. Nowhere was it ever said that the new route was held back by Gen 8. Speculation about why the timetable isn't complete led speculation and rumor mill that the route is "held back by Gen 8", but that was never officially stated. And Matt later confirmed that the missing timetable pieces had nothing to do with performance and just boiled down to time. He has said he has no doubt the route would work fine with added services/AI but it was the time requirements of adding and testing more services that led to the cut back schedule.

• Like Like x 3
  27. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Nu bundle for the real fans who own all previous routes :(:(:(:(:(

• Like Like x 7
  28. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Are we any closer to an existing customer bundle?

Trenton
    Acela
    Fallen flags

New stuff only for older people. DTG retail team??

• Like Like x 2
  29. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Would love to see bundles that are geared towards existing customers and one for new customers, It honestly cannot be that hard to do.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Remember the Nationwide advert:

• Like Like x 2