Useful Tool For Creating European Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bellminsterboy, Feb 10, 2021.

1. bellminsterboy

bellminsterboy Well-Known Member

Thought everyone would be interested in the following tool I've just come across - have no idea how well known it is but seems very useful. It is a website that details all known timetabled passenger trains in the following countries, with diagrams of train formation and class as well as the timetable.
    • Albania
    • Austria
    • Bosnia
    • Bulgaria
    • Croatia
    • Czechia
    • Germany
    • Hungary
    • Kosovo
    • Montenegro
    • North Macedonia
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Romania
    • Serbia
    • Slovakia
    • Switzerland
    It also allows you to see the timetables and formation by year, all the way from 1969 to 2021. Here's a screenshot earlier of ICE 1676 in 2021.

Hope people find this useful, it can be found here: https://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/
    The website is available in English, German, Polish, Spanish, Czech and Hungarian. Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 21.06.44.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Looks handy! Thanks for sharing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The website is a list of train formations operating in some European countries.
    And there are a number covering countries not shown in the list
    Although it will tell you how a service is formed I'm unsure how it will help create a scenario as there is no way to know which trains the service might meet on its journey

A timetable is more important for working out which trains you might put in the scenario

Peter

4. bellminsterboy

bellminsterboy Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. I didn't intend for it to be used just on its own - but with a timetable. As you point out, a timetable provides you with the services, and thus the tool can be used to create AI trains with the correct formation, in conjunction with the timetable. :)

5. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the very first thing I saw on the www after it was created: a plain text HTML page of a German railway timetable. Seemed like wizardry at the time!