1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using What We Own On Any Route

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions & Proposals' started by 749006, May 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When will DTG allow us to run any train we own on any route we own?

Running the Western on GWR with the West Somerset stock would be great. :)
    At the moment I buy a route and I can only use the stock from that route on that route.

I would like to use the DB 66 from GWR on a European route - but I cannot. :(

When will DTG allow us more freedom?

Peter

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  2. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

In time yes however it has been stated that they will only allow it too happen where it is technically possible and where trains would have run. So for example the wester on WSR could be in the future allowed to run on the GWR as a special scenario but would not be allowed to run whenever because the year GWR is set is modern not when westerns ran. As for the 66 on a european route there is no chance of that currently with the liveries of the 66 available.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So I can run a 66 in TS19 on any route I want but I cannot do the same in TSW because of the colour it is painted in?
    Why not EWS/DB Class 66 locos work in mainland Europe?
    IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

Peter

4. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

This is because TS19 isn't as realistic as TSW. How realistic would it be to see a gp38-2 and gp40-2 run a American freight train on GWR?

5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Well... straight away, they're patched, and the EWS livery in the game isn't. DTG isn't really gonna add a new livery for this. Second, with all the German lines in the game being electrified, there wouldn't be a lot of places to run them at the moment, as switching and the Aschaffenburg dock run are done by BR 294 locos.

Third and most importantly- correct me if I'm wrong on this- these locomotives have some modifications installed to allow them to operate on German soil, including PZB. That would mean DTG would actually have to make a while new (ok, partially new) cab interior model.

6. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Active Member

I think locos could be used on multiple routes providing 2 criteria are met.
    1. Same country (negating having to change safety systems).
    2. They use the same power type (diesel, overhead, 3rd rail etc)

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  7. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Wouldn't really make sense though, in most cases... how/where would you drive, say, a class 166 on NTP, when the class 166 didn't even exist in 1983 and never operated in that area? It's just not realistic.

Out of curiosity... whenever we get our second American class I freight railroad... what will they do about foreign power? Like, if we get a new UP route or something, will we be able to use UP locos on CSX:HH or vice versa? That's always been one of the coolest parts of modern American railroads / railfanning to me and it would certainly be cool (for those unaware- yes, this happens all the time!)

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  8. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Active Member

I was just giving an example how it could work. Obviously later on down the line as more and more routes are added my ideas may be more realistic etc.

9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

This made me think. DTG could make allot more money if they released locomotive dlc with foreign power to be used on HH.

10. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I like that idea! I think it would work best with say, for example, on UP based routes having their locos take precedence but having a chance for foreign motive power such as CSX being able to be substituted in to simulate the leasing out of locomotives.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why can't you do this? No scenario editor.
    From my knowledge DTG very rarely make "unrealistic scenarios" and it's up to the community to shove any train with any livery anywhere they like. So yet again it comes back to not being able to make your own scenarios

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So it is realistic to see a EWS Class 66 in Mainland Europe but not in the sim?

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The point I'm trying to make is it is My Game - I would like to run what I want, within reason, on any route.

People complain using an EWS 66 on a German route would not be realistic
    And at the same time the sim is not realistic because of the Errors that exist in the Gameplay.

Peter

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  14. VION

VION Member

Would be nice to get available all the German locos and rollingstock running on the actual three German routes. But as said without Editor release that can't be possible right now I'm thinking.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Nothing to stop you doing the reverse as preserved examples of the Class 45 and 47 are in mainline service on specials and you could run any of the stock from NTP on the WSR

IF we had an Editor.
    I would be happy running the same scenario on a route like WSR with a different loco - no editing of the scenario parameters just a loco swap

Peter

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  16. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

On the contrary, if you were keeping up with the times, we've had a Mitsui Rail Capital Europe BV (MRCE) Class 66 reskin sat on the German website since last September, it would look fine on any of the German routes, I'm sure.

https://rail-sim.de/forum/wsif/index.php/Entry/4349-Class-66-MRCE/#images

• Upvote Upvote x 1