V/line Geelong Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by osb1410, Mar 27, 2020.

1. osb1410

osb1410 New Member

After watching quite a few tsw streams I see quite a few requests for an Australian route and as an Australian I would like to see this as well so I thought I should suggest one.

The Geelong Line is about 90 kilometres long I believe with 16 stops along the line. The stations being Waurn ponds, Marshall, South Geelong, Geelong, North Geelong, North Shore, Corio, Lara, Little River, Wyndham Vale, Tarneit, Deer park, Ardeer (Only during peak hour services though), Sunshine, Footscray and Southern Cross. In total it as about 1hr and 15 min from one end of the line to the other, so about 2 and half hours there and back.

The train that runs on the Line is the V/Line Vlocity. It has a top speed of 160 kph and it is a Dmu. It runs as a 3 carriage but during peak hour services 2 are joined together to make it a 6 carriage.

The signals on the line are called speed signalling. They are made up of 6 main signals and are pretty straight forward to get your head around.

I have included an image of the line, an image of the V/Line Vlocity and an image of the signals (The image is missing one signal, the missing one being red over red)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 6