Very Specific Stopping Requirements In Nec

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by hightower, Apr 27, 2018.

1. hightower

hightower Guest

Hey all.

I’m not sure if this is a bug (I’m guessing so) but is anyone else finding NEC is EXTREMELY picky about where you stop, both in freight and passenger services? It has to be in the absolute exact spot otherwise ‘objective complete’ doesn’t annunciate and opening the doors has no effect. I’m finding that it won’t accept even 1 yard out of place which is a bit of a PITA. None of the other DLC’s for TSW are like this.

Anyone else finding the same issue?

Cheers.

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yes this is very annoying. It appears that the option that allows for a stop to have more freedom, which also allows for the stopping guides, was not turned on at all in the creation of NEC services and scenarios. It is a very useful ability for it to be neglected like so.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hightower

hightower Guest

Glad it’s not just me....thought I was going nuts! I’m guessing there’s no solution?

What with that and the randomly changing speed limits (literally with no signs, warnings etc.) it certainly makes driving services on the route a bit of a challenge!

• Like Like x 1
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I have not noticed this while driving all of the NEC scenarios, some of the passenger services, and some of the new freight services -- but then, I tend toward being overcautious when approaching a marker anyway.

5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

The solution would probably be going back and reconfiguring every single objective...which might as well be remaking all services. It’s just not really worth it to do that.

6. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s odd. I was being really careful and trying to stop exactly on the marker and that’s where it’s really picky. I then overcooked the last stop slightly & went past by about 10yards. That, it was happy with.

Morale of the story, be less precise!

7. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

It is better to stop after the marker, than before

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Driving Amtrak trains I usually stop like 150yd after the marker. Works like a charm :P

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

You only have to stop on the marker with any part of your train. So if you are only driving the loco, then you have to stop with the loco exactly on the marker. If you have a wagons on the hock, then any part of the train will do.
    So for passenger services with the stop marker in the middle of the platform you don't have to stop in front of it, just anywhere on the platform with at least one car on the marker will be accepted.

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There are systems in the ACS-64 that guide you through the speed changes and signals. They have to be turned on. Although, they aren’t working properly yet. DTG is working on it.