Water/coal In Scenarios?

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by claggybob, Nov 22, 2020.

1. claggybob

claggybob New Member

Hi All,

I haven't really driven steam in TS all that much, but have done a bit lately, and my dad's really getting into it. As subject -and it might be [/is probably] a stupid question- is there something that can be placed in a scenario -even if it's just a marker rather than an object with a visual presence- by which water and/or coal can be added?

That is to say, is there a marker/object/whatever that might be placed (for example) on or near a platform in a modern route (which doesn't have troughs), that provides for water (and/or coal) in the tender to be replenished, so that long runs can be achieved?

B

2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Some routes do have water filling and coaling stations for steam locomotives. Most diesel routes have fueling stations. Some routes also have loading stations for goods as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Fuel triggers can be placed below the surface to hide them if you so choose because the trigger functionality is dependent on the track link not the actual 3D model.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. claggybob

claggybob New Member

Thanks both for replies.

Reef this sounds like what I was thinking about. Is a fuel trigger just a scenario instruction (e.g. the timetable list) or is there a marker/object which must also be placed? (i.e. something from the left-hand fly-out in the scenario editor.) Perhaps there's a link with info you could point me at? (So I don't keep pestering you!)

B

5. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Both actually. There are assets that must be placed that have markers. Then in the scenario designer, you have to add an instruction to perform the task at that marker.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. claggybob

claggybob New Member

OK, that makes sense. So I assume I'm basically looking for a water tower and coal stage from a route which has them, and I can [if I understood the post above correctly] use the XYZ controls to place them 'underground' so as not to add strange/unlikely clutter to a (e.g.) platform when I'm making the scenario? (And pretend there's a tanker and a coal truck parked nearby.)

Thanks,

B