Wcml Preston To Crewe Discussion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MrSouthernDriver, Aug 26, 2025.

  1. Jpantera

    Jpantera Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2019
    Messages:
    1,686
    Likes Received:
    3,720
    My worry is it gets done in today's era. Anytime up to 2000 would be ok for loco and stock fans and plenty of Sprinter and pacers too mid 80s onwards.
     
  2. Wivenswold

    Wivenswold Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2017
    Messages:
    2,632
    Likes Received:
    5,470
    Weirdly, I'd prefer modern era for North Wales. I'm a bit meh with greasy, claggy old diesel lines unless it's a high speed route and I'm driving a Deltic or a Class 50.

    I think this comes from living in Barking as a child. Electric trains ruled and the Kentish Town (later Gospel Oak) to Barking DMU service was always looked upon with disdain even when I worked at the station. We were Eastern Region and Network South East. We had no time for the smelly old diesels running infrequently from London Midland Region's heritage line on platform 1 and rarely recommended it to customers.
     

Share This Page