Xbox Weather Selection Ui Not Working, Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by lukereynolds1, Aug 19, 2021.

1. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

When selecting weather, choosing the month and preset weather is fine, but choosing custom weather is difficult. The whole custom box when selected becomes highlighted, but the individual bars - precipitation, wetness, snow level etc - do not highlight when selected. It's therefore a guessing game which bar you are altering. You don't know which is selected. Snow level also appears to skip. As I move up and down the sliders using the controller, none becoming highlighted, and snow level can never be selected.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

I am having the same problem but I am on Xbox One

• Like Like x 1
  3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Honestly this whole new selector is just very poorly designed. Not only are you unable to see which slider is selected, but you have to scroll through ALL of them to get to the BASIC initial preset choices, these should be the FIRST layer of choice, and THEN you should have the option of more granular selection if you want it. As it stands it's so many clicks just to select a preset, and then you have no way to know which slider is selected when you're trying to tweak that preset. I am gonna guess it was designed for mouse, where you don't need to scroll past all the sliders, and you can see which slider the cursor is hovering over, and never once tested on a pad.

(TLDR: make the month and weather preset selectors the first interactable ones, and the sliders optional to interact with, and make the selected one stand out from the rest)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

I have the same problem on series s orange was a worst colour they could of picked

• Like Like x 1
  5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Whilst it's of course not the best Design you can at least hear the switching noise between the different settings so that you can have a vague idea which slider you're about to change :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The sliders themselves work and you can switch between them, but the highlighted slider is, well, not actually highlighted. The only way to tell which one is active is to slide it a little bit and see which one moves. UI issue.

• Like Like x 2
  7. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

I agree

8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's a case of something designed for a mouse, where you can always see the cursor so know which slider is selected, and can quickly and smoothly drag it past the slider box without having to click past multiple bars, and then never once tested with anything else.

• Like Like x 1