Weekly Deals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RGoo, May 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RGoo

RGoo Member

Weren’t the new weekly deals meant to be put up today?

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

It's a Bank Holiday today in the UK.

3. RGoo

RGoo Member

Oh, ok sorry

4. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

no news today :( still deals for TSW

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

They might be holding off whilst they try and pinpoint this asset bug, no point enticing people to buy a route or loco if it may cause further issues.

This is purely an assumption btw.

6. maxipolo12

Hum I don't see the link between devs and marketing. We are just speaking about a selection of discounted contents not about tech updates.

7. RGoo

RGoo Member

Reef That could be true, one of the items they were planning to use may be effected by the UkledSignals Bug

8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

That would be a sensible approach. But then again, you are sort of providing a counter argument by suggesting this.... depending on your perspective.... I don't see much evidence of products being held back from going on sale because they are incomplete or don't work.

You might have a sound moral compass and a common sense of decency, but it is dangerous to assume that others do as well....

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  9. RGoo

RGoo Member

Plastic pal True, DTG have never been the most customer orientated, it wouldn’t surprise me for them to just put up a broken route anyway

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Ah, you are a new member and just here to Spam

11. maxipolo12

Btw it's updated

Edit: and that is crap

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So which broken route did you buy from DTG and what was the fault with it?

13. maxipolo12

No buy this week I wait for Hamburg-hannover and Berlin Leipzig.
    Apparently they are not too much broken :D

14. RGoo

RGoo Member

That seems to have been the reason, London-Brighton is on sale and a patch was released at the same time

15. RGoo

RGoo Member

Sorry wrong thread

16. maxipolo12

A patch on an old dlc ? No way !

17. RGoo

RGoo Member

A patch on an old dlc ? No way !

They released a patch to fix the Ukledsignals this afternoon, I think it also fixed the apt but I’m not sure. Probably to fix it in time for the steam sale :)

18. RGoo

RGoo Member

Also well done DTG, thanks for the quick fix, I hope this is a sign of better things to come

19. maxipolo12

lol TOO much sale on steam !

• Like Like x 1
  20. Plastic Pal

Does anyone here have any views on the following DLCs:

- London Transport Heritage
    - Riviera: Exeter-Paignton
    - China Clay 37 thingy-a-ma-bob
    - North London Goblin
    - Cologne Dusseldorf

The reviews on Steam for the Heritage London Transport DLCf are quite scathing. Are these still relevant - or have the Class 20s, etc., improved with age?

I will be getting the APT. whatever..... ;-)

21. RGoo

RGoo Member

I have Riviera line Exeter-Paignton, it is a good route with pretty views and a lot of flexibility for scenarios but it sadly has no quick drive ai

22. maxipolo12

hey guys;

I already own TS 2020 with some addons and iam interested by TS 2020 swiss edition because of 2 interesting DLC.
    Can i buy it without any problems even if i already own TS ?

23. RGoo

RGoo Member

Yes, it’ll just add the content which you don’t have to your own game​

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

- London Transport Heritage - Not bad but has some problems with signalling - the Class 20 uses the same physics as the green version
    - Riviera: Exeter-Paignton - Good Route
    - North London Goblin - Good Route but a bit of 40mph creeping along in places - if you like suburban London it's quite good
    - Cologne Dusseldorf - Don't bother it's quite old from 2012 fairly basic overhead equipment and the track is bouncy in places
    Cologne - Koblenz is a better route if you don't have it

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Plastic Pal

Thanks for this. I have taken your advice, and Ditched the Dusseldorf from the list. I already have Koln-Koblenz, and there's a loco for it for a quid that I will no doubt pick up. I decided, in the end, to limit myself to £100, um.... or there-abouts....... ;-O

.... and buy the following routes: NL Goblin, Semmeringbahn, Netherfield, Somerset & Dorset, North Somerset, China Clay, WCML Trent Valley, GEML Lon-Ipswich, LT Heritage, Miami-Palm Beach (bundled with P30CH for less), Hidaka, Falmouth and Exeter-Paignton.

And for rolling stock: APT-P, NSE 159, 3x Western Hydraulics, Class 14, DB BR218 (for Koln). I might even get the FCC 321.... if I can find my sunglasses and some suncream to protect me from the UV-A livery.

Still undecided: I am still debating with myself over Western Lines of Scotland plus the Class 27, Dunno if it would actually have any activity that I would really enjoy (and yes, I love hectic 40mph ramping and swooping routes like SLN... and, as I have recently found... the Pacific Surfliner out of Union Stn is a bit of a gem....). It could be £12 that I will never really get use out of.. and although that Dumfries Black 5 looks really very good, clean or dirty..... I am not sure that she would want me. I will see what I feel like at the checkout... I am quite partial to a Western Scottish accent.... ;-)

Also unsure about Bristol-Exeter and York-Peterboro, due to very poor reviews on Steam. I think I need to see a further price drop before I go for these two....

26. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Bristol - Exeter is another old route from Just Trains and York - Peterborough is ok but bland not much between Doncaster and Peterborough
    I like Riviera in the 50s because there is so much more track including the Kingswear line but BR Blue diesels don't look out of place

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Plastic Pal, I would have waited on GEML Ipswich as I've seen it has had better deals, and I'm waiting it out. Doing the same with Settle to Carlisle, though that one hurts slightly because I find it gets a lot of use. Western Lines of Scotland is on my list, and per that thread, I also have Goblin Lines (it comes with North London Line and the 378), South London Network (for the 378 scenarios), Morristown (to complete North Jersey Coast Line, a Humble Bundle item), and Netherfield, among others including the two Canadian routes (Canadian Mountain Passes looks gorgeous). Oh, and Exeter-Paignton is on my immediate list as well, plus Munich-Augsburg (check out the Breman Line in the workshop, updated early this month I believe, been there a long time and Matt drove it on stream once in 2016). I also had to suddenly remember that the WCML Over Shap exists, and that is now also being considered.

I wonder if this also fixes any issues with semaphore signalling. I did, after all, see someone run a SPAD on one that was not properly indicated by the green distant signal two days ago.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  28. Plastic Pal

GEML nearly didn't make the cut, but I wanted to have a look at how they built out Liverpool Street Station. And the scenarios on that route look interesting.

WCML Over Shap is essential - watching the APT-P (on sale for £5)..... go through transition curves is really quite cool. The surprising find was the Class 20s in the LT Heritage DLC - total bargain for £4... with some awesome scenarios (even if they are strange... for LT stock... doing container trans-shipment....)

Apologies if this is a daft question - but what are the Canadian routes you are considering....?

29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

NO, You saw a video of somebody Deliberately running a Red Signal.
    There is nothing wrong with the Signals on that route
    Some of the players don't understand how they work

If you are in a Car and you pass a set of Traffic Lights showing Green do you continue at the same speed past the next set at Red - Even though you can see they are Red?
    No Different to the Signals.
    In that Video the Next signal arm is Horizontal which means Stop.
    I did post a link to a Video Explaining how Semaphore Signals work

Peter

30. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I replied in that thread, as well. Best that be continued there if anything.

31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I just saw it and replied