Fishing Sim World Well Done Dovetail

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by GOrd0n Bennet, Sep 17, 2018.

1. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Had a fun weekend playing with the early access to fishing sim world. Love the old venues in the new engine and the new venues look good. The boats in the US look fun and are a breeze to drive. The US lakes are absolutely huge so it will be a good long while before I have explored them properly. The lure / predator fishing is looking good, had a few pike, perch and bass using lures and you seem to have done a good job of lure fishing without the need for a underwater camera so well done. Beat the single player carp tournament over the weekend and had a lot of fun in the process so glad to see that you've toned down your bots a bit and its now possible to win a few against them. Finally the fish you catch fight something closer to real fish, the bream seem to do pretty much the same as carp only with less power which isn't my experience but its much more fun to haul in a fish that run in at least some ways that I can recall seeing on the lakeside and the graphics at least give a reasonable feel of what a real fish looks like when being played.

Well thats a few of the upsides. A couple of negative points.

1) Fishing Sim World seems to disable euro fishing when its installed and vica versa. I came down on Saturday morning to start my day with a session of Euro Fishing only to be taken to the store? Once I woke up properly I realised that Fishing Sim World was doing an update, so from the store I downloaded Euro Fishing and after A couple of seconds downloading and installing I started it and all was back to normal. Then halfway through my session Fishing Sim World finished its update and my session of Euro fishing came to an abrupt halt and I found myself ejected to the Xbox Home Page. Ive since discovered that once you install one or the other of these to other one will cease working untill you go to the store and re-download it. Can you fix this at some point.

2) I miss the passage of time from Euro fishing as a days virtual fishing seemed to be about long enough to be loafing around on the Xbox. Without the passage of time freedom fishing in FSW seems a bit disconnected and somehow flat.

3) I also miss the venues from Euro fishing. Some of my favourites from Euro are there but I would love to see Lillies, The Moat, Hunters, St Johns et al in the new engine. Trouble is that paying for the same content twice is a bit galling so maybe I'll have to look forward to seeing somewhere new.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this. Its certainly a hopeful beginning so well done and thanks for all the fish.

Simon

• Like Like x 1
  2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Good points.
    2. Couldn't agree more. No time progression really ruins immersion.
    3. I would love to see all Euro Lakes in this game. I miss many of them. Would be really cool if they added all of them into this game.

I love the new way the online tournaments work. Plenty of choice for every one to take part in what they like. Only one profile so no more cheating with do overs from 5 different in-game profiles. And the best of all , a tournament runs for a whole week now. This gives the player plenty of time to put in his/her attempts. No more have to play every night to compete.
    The new tournament system is the best part of this game for me. Very well constructed and the best way tournaments work of all the current fishing games.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Totally Agree about the tournaments. My only issue with them is that the only general course tournament is the match series and that has you banging out tiddlers as fast as you can. Would like a total weight course match series alongside the numbers series. That said the new online tournaments are a big improvement.

• Like Like x 1