PlayStation West Cornwall Local Slow Ride Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ianjpoole, Jun 14, 2022.

1. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or is the devs know about this at all

I have done the majority of the scenario and am now at Long Rock to fuel the loco up, I have stopped the loco in the exact spot they want me to stop the loco on the game, got out of the cab and gone to refill the loco but when you take off the fuel cap, the nozzle won't go in the hole yet it is telling you to refuel the loco

You try to get back in the 37 to move it and you can't even get back into the loco either, it's like the game just said, nah, I've had enough, I'm going home and leaving you in a state of limbo

Just wodnering if anyone else is/has experienced it and whats the best way around it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I had this and basically "it's finnicky"
    Finding the right place to park the loco and the right place to drop the fuel line was a pain, and then picking the fuel line up again and dropping it back at the holder was also a pain...
    Not sure there's a specific "method" but I'll try again sometime and get back to you

• Like Like x 1
  3. rkkg

rkkg New Member

I had a similar problem when I stopped on the mark, except I got the fuel cap off, connected the hose and opened the valve, but it wouldn't refuel, going by the gauges on the tanks.

I ran the scenario again, but this time, I saved when I reached the yard with the light loco, then carried on to the refuelling point.

I stopped about 7 yards short, which lined up the front buffers with the red valve, and i was able to refuel and finish the scenario.

Afterwards, I loaded my save a couple of times and was able to replicate both the failure and the success., with the problem occurring when I stopped too far forward (on the mark).

Here's a couple of videos -

First reload: stopped on mark and unable to refuel

Second reload: stopped short of mark and able to refuel

Hope this helps.

Edit: forgot to say PS5

4. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Wow. Just had the same issue (Xbox here). Stopped a little past the mark and the hose won't reach the fuel cap. Can't get back into the loco to move it backwards. Welp there goes an hour wasted. Thanks Rivet for a broken scenario :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. vitas

vitas Member

I have the same problem on PC. After unscrewing the cap from the fuel tank, you can not insert the hose - there is nowhere. When I try to apply it to the filler, the rubber hose returns to its position (on this metal hanger) or instead of pouring fuel, the plug is turned off. An hour and a half of the game was wasted...

• Like Like x 1
  6. vitas

vitas Member

I think I found a solution. During the failed refueling, I made a game save. I exited the game, restarted and reloaded from where I saved. And this time it worked!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  7. n0vembr

n0vembr New Member

Late to this, but thought I'd add my experience for anyone who searches for this issue like I did and this was the closest result: I had a similar problem in the Late Night Finish scenario on this route, where you also have to refuel. Stopping where the scenario tells you to leaves you too far away for the hose to reach, or at least that was the case for me. And the game wouldn't allow me to move the train forward to adjust. After reloading several times and trying everything, I found a way to make it work: go to the opposite side of the train and REVERSE it a few yards. Then I was able to make it work. But another problem: after refueling the game still wouldn't allow me to move the train forward. I had to use the same reverse tactic to back the train into the final waypoint. Mental.

• Like Like x 1