West Somerset Progress Not Remembered.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by davejc64, May 25, 2018.

1. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

On starting up TSW whenever I load up this route from the route selection screen in TSW I always get entered into having to do the Class 47 tutorial even though I have already done it and the class 09 tutorial, also completed the Preparation scenario got the tick but on starting up TSW and loading up the route again I shows that I haven't completed it, no tick.

Don't know whether its related or not but I always have to sign in to game with email and password whereas before the game did remember that I was signed in.

2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I imagine that you've run a file verification -- if not, do so. Other than that, I can only note that I'm not experiencing this problem and haven't since the first couple of times that I ran TSW. Perhaps it's time for a Support ticket?

3. davejc64

I have already done a file verification and sent in a support ticket, I have now discovered that I cannot save and load any save games in TSW any route, I am now thinking there may be a problem with my save game files they may have become corrupt in some way.

4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Dave,

I'm sure you've tried this already but have you checked to make sure you've set an exception in your anti-virus for TSW?

Also, it might be worth checking the files at %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved are all read/write.

Try this:
    1. Move all the contents of the above folder to a safe place on your hard drive so that the Saved folder is empty.
    2. Copy the SaveGames folder back to the Saved folder.
    3. Start TSW to see if the problem is still there.
    Let me know how you get on.

Best, Steve

5. davejc64

I have tried what you said and still got the problem of not saving progress, when I looked at the TS2Prototype folder in my documents folder my games the properties show the read only box with a black square tried to change that to showing the box empty it did so but when I went back it the little black square had reappeared in the box, I have full administrator privileges on my PC so don't get why it is resetting it back.

6. davejc64

Well I was informed by email from DTG that the latest update would fix the problem of not saving progress, unfortunately it didn't.