What Am I Looking At???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Not if DTG test the content first, to make sure that it works. Just a suggestion - they could try and do some QA.

I suspect that if the signalling is broken (like ECW), or if half of the map isn't there (like OSD) or if the train hits bridges (like the DB BR 402)..... that any subjective opinions with respect to the cathedral not quite looking perfect from every angle.... will soon be forgotten.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

My best mates house is modelled in Batley on NTP however the door is the wrong colour for 83' as it was green back then. Better get fixing DTG!
    In all seriousness I don't have an issue providing its a fair representation of what's actually there. I don't think it's a bad representation by any means, I've seen far worse so called real-life locations placed in games. Is it so game breaking anyway, I was disappointed that the Lancashire and Yorkshire railway map wasn't included at Man Vic but does it detract or cause an issue with the actual game, no not at all.

• Like Like x 5
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

A simulation is only a representation, I would be concerned if the cathedral wasn't there at all but if it is not positioned quite correctly it wouldn't bother me.

What is it they say about artists, they often paint what they see not necessarily what is actually there. Maybe that goes for route builders too!

And I do suspect if there aren't any major bugs, there will be a few who will be searching for something.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I know it is more of a nitpick, I agree that I'll be more than happy if that's the only issue in the game. I'd be happy then. What strikes me a bit from the discussion above, is the probability that they took an old TS asset and just smacked it in TSW2. Not only because TSW should be a lot better looking than TS, that's its selling point among others, but also because that means somehow you can bring things from TS to TSW, which was claimed to be impossible.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well a simple 3D model is pretty easy to port. Grab the old file, load it into a 3D editor and export it again in a format that TSW requires. After all a scenery model is just a model file and a texture.

Porting whole routes or trains however, is not that easy. Rolling stocks and routes have configs, scrips, sounds, etc and those are not as easy to port anymore as scenery 3D objects are. You probably can't even reuse just the 3D models of old rolling stock, as locomotives have greater detail in TSW than in TS1. While a door for example may have been part of the model in TS1, it needs to be a separate model in TSW, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Of course, it would be a whole different story to bring over a train compared to a building, that's for sure. It just seems to me now that making a route in TSW that already is in TS would not then be "build it from scratch" like they said if you use the 3D models you've already made.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Models have been transferred from the original game into TSW. The Ford Transit in GWE (and probably other routes) is from TS1 and might even be a Kuju asset! I think Brighton station might even be from London to Brighton but it might just be PS4 LOD.

• Like Like x 1
  9. theorganist

Is this a known fact?

• Like Like x 1
  10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Cathedral sim! Who'd'a thunk it? Some of us apparently have way too much time on their hands.

• Like Like x 1
  11. theorganist

Sounds like a great idea!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Yes. In the construction areas near London they can be clearly seen.

• Like Like x 1