Signals & Track What Does Track Type And Track Rule Do?

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by Trainspotting Norden, Dec 8, 2023.

  1. Trainspotting Norden

    Trainspotting Norden Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2023
    Messages:
    128
    Likes Received:
    214
    Hi,
    Since I am building the Hauptstrecke Hannover-Hamburg, I was wondering what kind of tracks I should use. Also, how does the track rule effect the tracks I used? What Track Rule what y’all recommend me to use on the Main Route, in the Rail Yards and on the S-Bahn and the tracks at Main Station, where all the Junctions are?
    Also, how can I add tracks with third rail for the S-Bahn Hamburg?

    Thanks! More Screenshots and an Update are planned for this weekend :)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bodensee#8535

    bodensee#8535 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2023
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    82
    the third rail should be placeable trough the OHLE wiring option. u just need to find the 3rd rail thing .
     
  3. Trainspotting Norden

    Trainspotting Norden Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2023
    Messages:
    128
    Likes Received:
    214
    But what kind of Track Type and Track Rule should I use for all the Different areas of my Route, like Rail Yard, the Main Line, in and before Stations, S-Bahn?
     
  4. bodensee#8535

    bodensee#8535 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2023
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    82
    i would go with the dresden riesa rule/track.
     
  5. RobertSchulz

    RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2023
    Messages:
    1,631
    Likes Received:
    2,254
    Exactly because of this reason and because I was insecure when to choose what too, I chose the Dresden Riesa tracks for my route, which only have 1 single track rule.

    Lukas said in the livestream that it would make things easier later on, but unfortunately he didn't elaborate further on that subject.

    I've build my tracks now with these. If that was the wrong option, I guess I have to take it. Definitely not going to rebuild these.

    Would also be highly interested if anyone can share a little more light or experience with the topic "track rules".

    Maybe even you, DTG Lukas ?
     
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  6. protonmw

    protonmw Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2022
    Messages:
    146
    Likes Received:
    108
    I´ve came across with track speed and electrification and so on with my Chemnitz Riesa project.
    I created rules for very often used trackspeeds and named them for example 120_E (for 120km/h and electrification).
    Some short sections with special speeds or dark/light ballast can be tweaked later but it comes very handy to have some rules for the most common combinations of attributes.
     
  7. RobertSchulz

    RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2023
    Messages:
    1,631
    Likes Received:
    2,254
    But what actually does a track rule do with the track?

    Does it bring any control over certains attributes?

    Does it mean that, with it you set the speed limit for the track section you applied the track rule to?

    And why is it important to set track rules for electrified sections?

    Why can't I just place one track type with one track rule all over the place and locos running on that gauge can run on it (electrified trains only being dependent upon the OHLE Wiring I guess)?
     
  8. protonmw

    protonmw Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2022
    Messages:
    146
    Likes Received:
    108
    answers in bold font

    My suggestion would be Pareto like:
    use Track rules for about 80% of your used track rules to spend 20% of your time, and spend the other 80% of your time to edit the 20% of your tracks :D
     
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1

Share This Page