Fishing Sim World What Is Fishing Sim World

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Articles' started by DTG_Stephen, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We will be releasing more videos and live streaming between now and launch to show you more from the game.

Fishing Sim World brings in bass and predator fishing with lures and spinning rods and reels to support this. We have boats for the bass lakes which have GPS and Sonar to help you find the best locations to fish.

You can find out about the locations in Fishing Sim World in our article here.

Euro Fishing will still be available in stores but will no longer be updated and will not be receiving any more DLC venues.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Euro Fishing was always a carp and coarse fishing experience. Fishing Sim World is all about taking you USA bass fishing as well as European fishing. We have made significant changes using the UE4 engine since the release of Euro Fishing which we released three years ago on PC. We think the new designs and experiences we’ve created are really worth a brand new release.

• Like Like x 2
  3. chey

chey New Member

Yes, maybe it could be possible to add this new features to EF or maybe not.
    if it had been added, it would have been in a paid DLC, so paid DLC in EF or new game, i prefer a new game to start from scratch with lot of improvements.

And as you can see in this vidéo, fish animation during fight is really better than in EF, in EF you only can see the tail out of the water and animation freeze every 5s, here we can see the fish underwater moving and better animation.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ImmortalSoul83

ImmortalSoul83 Active Member

The video looks really nice.. I wish there were more splash's for when you hook a fish. At least hope to see that from the bass and pike and other fish that like to fight from jumping. Love how the game looks. It's very beautiful. Shore fishing.. This possible for like on docks if you don't want to get on the boat. This would be more of a realism feel as many can't enjoy boat fishing. I would love to see a game where you catch fish that you sell and earn new gear from your catches. or better yet tournaments we can take part in to earn cash this way.. Also a level system for leveling skills as you go to improve your ability to catch better and bigger fish. I really think that catching a 80+ lb fish should be something to catch later on for when you more experienced to catch. Of course the opportunity should still be there just as in real life. A large fish can always bite but to catch it would be determined based on your gear you have. This game really does seem to be a real fishing simulator feel so far.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chey

chey New Member

yes game look great
    i think there will be a level system to unlock maybe the lakes, and tackle point to unlock all gear.

6. ImmortalSoul83

There is an article that is on here that you guys should check out. The smallmouth and the largemouth looks really good even the modeling process. If your going to sculpt a 3d model. Your going to get really good details. Even with substance painter. Best UV mapping tool to use for 3d models. I believe this game going to be good. Even if the skin gets works on a bit. This can be achieved even after release as an update.

https://profile.dovetailgames.com/live/fishing-sim-world/articles/article/how-we-make-bass

7. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Still not convinced so it won't be a pre-order or full price purchase for me maybe a further down the line half price or better sale purchase and then only maybe.

8. ImmortalSoul83

If your only here to run down a title before it even hits the shelves.. then why don't you take your opinion elsewhere. Clearly you fail to see the irony of these titles. Perhaps you feel you can do better then the developers to make a game. Just cause one game turn you away because they fail to make more updates to a previous game. Just like how someone on youtube said this game had ps 1 and ps 2 graphics. More videos and gameplay will come. Give these developers a break.. I see games much much worse and I don't go and gripe about how horrible the game is. At least these people are trying and with that we should be grateful for it.

9. chey

chey New Member

hope we can see soon spining/casting gameplay

10. davejc64

So you want a forum where everybody just agrees with everyone else, but I suspect it goes beyond that and more specifically you want everyone to agree with you, I on the other hand am quite happy to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ImmortalSoul83

My reason for posting what I did was because your posting about this game. You show no interest towards this game but you keep saying that your not interested in the game even after launch of the game. Usually most people wait for videos on youtube with reviews. Which is what I usually do. But these people are trying to shows information on the game without trying to spoil the game for when it's come time play for the public. Icast video and the recent video that was released shows promising footage but. I still want to see actual gameplay cause it looks to be more of a cinematic type video. Not gameplay. I will be waiting to see what this game has to offer.. but still going to buy this game for xbox. Can't be any worse the Rapala pro series.

Also I'm not looking for people to agree or disagree with me. Everyone is entitled there own opinion. Same with you but it just bugs me seeing people run down a title before giving a title a chance. If your not convinced check out a youtube review and give a statement after. I will be doing the same thing. I always play a game and review it afterwards.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  12. Eriksen23

Eriksen23 Member

Any game company will be judged on what they did previously be it good or bad, gameplay for this could look amazing but I assure you there are many people who spent money on Euro Fishing who are disgruntled with the sour taste DTG as left them with, which will put them off spending more on the chance DTG don't do the same again...

13. ImmortalSoul83

I understand why some people are upset with the company itself. Yes To me Euro fishing wasn't that great of a game but if I remember correctly it was there first game right? I mean I didn't hear much about the company until Euro fishing. Though with the new title. this gives the company a chance to redeem themselves from the previous title and make a better game from the ground up. I just hope that casting system isn't built the same. Took me awhile to cast properly on Euro for xbox. But fishing has been my favorite hobby plus fav of game genre next to RPG's. With that is the reason I'm going to try this game.. As mention that I tried Rapala and I was very disappointed how it played.. The xbox 360 Rapala 2010 was better then the new

14. ImmortalSoul83

New video from DTG..

15. sombo66

sombo66 New Member

I just hope the fish jump out of the water while fighting and when it comes time to add new species they stay true to there name world not just carp not a big fan of bait fishing but it does have its place

16. davejc64

Euro Fishing was not DTGs first game Rail Simulator was and then later Railworks was which later became Train simulator 2018 they were previously called Railsimulator.com until they rebranded to Dovetail Games (DTG). :cool:

17. Dog4life

Dog4life New Member

Hi Dovetail Games, you should really improve the fish species variety in your new game.

Most are all from EuroFishing....

i would love to see :
    - More catfish species , such as : channel catfish , flathead , burbot , red tail , paraiba.. maybe a boss fish such the goonch
    - Trout... how is it possible you didn't include any trout in a fishing game.
    - Salmon
    - Sturgeons
    - Eels
    - Alligator Gar
    - Zander
    - etc

Especially if you introduce more fishing focused on plastic lures , spinners etc, it's pretty useless having 10 different subspecies of carp.

• Like Like x 3
  18. sombo66

sombo66 New Member

Could not agree more alot of potential for this game

19. sombo66

sombo66 New Member

Would love to see a road map they have for this game going forward

20. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Well the latest video (Lake Johnson) didn't really show that much fighting IMHO. A brief shot of the fish on the end of the line moving in the water and suddenly the fish is in his hands. :(

• Like Like x 1
  21. ImmortalSoul83

Also have to remember that there is a no HUD being displayed.. Again this isn't gameplay to me.. This is like a cinematic footage of the game. Check the ICAST video. There you see some of the HUD displayed but not much for as fighting but more less casting.

I still don't see the preorder option for this one xbox nor playstation network. I want to preorder it.. I want to digital download not physical copy.

22. ImmortalSoul83

Another new video..

• Like Like x 1
  23. ImmortalSoul83

There's no real way to make new post anywhere else on these forums. Seeing there's fishing games and other sim games. One more game sim type missing.. Hunting.. Would be nice t see you guys do a hunting game later down the road. You guys do amazing job with how beautiful an environment looks like.. Think how a hunting game would look. The forest. Fall.. winter. Hopefully you can look into this as I would buy if was developed and released.

24. Trainplayer465

Trainplayer465 New Member

Hello, is it true that Euro fishing will not receive any more updates? And the main menu bug will not be solved? At least make a last update to fix the bugs as they are annoying! Please leave a response if you have read the comment.

25. Trainplayer465

Trainplayer465 New Member

Hello, is it true that Euro fishing will not receive any more updates? And the main menu bug will not be solved? At least make a last update to fix the bugs as they are annoying! Please leave a response if you have read the comment.

26. chey

chey New Member

justed watched the replay of the live stream on twitch, spining/casting gameplay is marvelous :)
    feeder and float same than in EF.
    AI of the fish seems really nice, and good work devs for the big improvment of the fight gameplay, we can finally see the fish through the water, more realistic.
    hope there will be soon, more big predatory fishs.

Devs, how many species you will add in each DLC?
    thx

27. ImmortalSoul83

Hey guys. Here's the video for the stream.. This game looks so good.. :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  28. ImmortalSoul83

This game still not on PSN to pre order.. It says its ready for pre order. Anyone else able to find it?

29. DntRmmbr

DntRmmbr Member

It’s not always about getting a huge pig. I always enjoyed making that impossible cast by flipping into a little hole and yanking them out or skipping under a dock. It always paid off having the right setup. Rod size and action, what type of line and pound test, and ratio of the cranking of bait caster. Give us different ways to fish besides of just aiming and pushing a button. Let us select our casting styles so we can be known for fishing our ways.

30. DntRmmbr

DntRmmbr Member

It will also be cool if you guys can add a ability to check your line for fray marks. If you been fishing in heavy cover your line will get fray marks and have a higher chance or braking off.

31. chey

chey New Member

you can already chose your retrieve technic, straight retrieve, stop n go, etc....

• Like Like x 1
  32. DntRmmbr

DntRmmbr Member

33. ImmortalSoul83

Is this true.. That this game won't be available for North America.. I been waiting and waiting to pre order this game now I find out that I can't order the game in North America.. Any reason for why we can't order this game? It's not right..

34. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

There won't be any more updates for Euro Fishing Trainplayer.

35. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We can't confirm at the moment how many fish we will be adding in over time but will provide more information for this at a later point.

You will have 3 casting styles available to you with spinning and baitcaster rods. Overhead, side casting and underarm casting.

The game will be available in North America from 18th September on PlayStation, we were just unable to provide a pre-order for PlayStation 4 US.

• Like Like x 1
  36. chey

chey New Member

hello
    As EA start is in only 1 week, you said for pre order it's available the 14 september at Midnight, but what GMT?
    i'm french and want to know at what time i will be able to DL and start to play on steam :)

37. ImmortalSoul83

I was able to pre order the game at gamestop. but like you mentioned. not on playstation network. Since it's pre ordered a gamestop. Will there be a Day One Edition? for the ones there were pre order and will we be eligible for the pre order items such as the boat/gear?

38. DntRmmbr

DntRmmbr Member

You should have asked game stop that.

39. ImmortalSoul83

I have asked. There unsure if there will be day one edition or not. It's up to the developers if there going to release copies as that.

40. dbasshooker

dbasshooker Active Member

So far what I've seen in the videos and what I have read made me decide to preorder. I have high hopes for this game and I heard the trolling motors can be added in a future update. But I don't understand how they are not usable now? It just looks odd to see them mounted on the front of the boats for cosmetic purposes and not being able to use it? I have a Ranger bass boat and I used to fish tournaments for years, and if my trolling motor was dead and couldn't use it, I knew my day was pretty much done. I am anxious to play this game and I hope its the most authentic fishing sim ever made? Thanks for creating a fishing game for people who love to fish, like me.

• Like Like x 1
  41. DntRmmbr

DntRmmbr Member

Almost every post asks about the trolling motor. They be real dumb if they don’t add it. They should change the controls like a shooter. Left stick for boat and right stick for view with cross hairs for casting when in trolling mode.

42. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We won't be doing a day one edition, the pre-order items are available on digital pre-orders only I'm afraid.

43. ImmortalSoul83

I was unable to do a digital pre order as the option wasn't available for North America PS4's I had the money for it but I couldn't find it.

44. ImmortalSoul83

14th is coming up. Will someone hopefully record a video for youtube so we here in America finally see some real gameplay.. So eager to play this that I want to actually watch someone play this.

45. Limey21-uk

Limey21-uk New Member

i'm pretty sure the game will have lots of feedback/videos over the next few days, sadly though it will get a lot of negitive feedback from the people angry about Flight sim world, many will buy it just to give a negative review on steam i bet.

46. ImmortalSoul83

I'm sure there's a reason for why the game had been canceled.

47. Monster_rangler8

Monster_rangler8 New Member

ImmortalSoul83 Yep that's a problem the UK store shows it but I bought it on pc instead

48. CAMPBLACKMAMBA24

CAMPBLACKMAMBA24 New Member

This will be my first time playing a Fishing Sim World game. Growing up as a kid we fished all the time and as I got older I stopped going and moved to spending my time playing golf. I stumbled across someone mentioning this title on Operation Sports forum and at the point I started doing my research. Long story short I ended up pre-ordering this title of the Microsoft store for my Xbox 1 X. Looking forward to seeing if this releases in the next 2 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  49. ImmortalSoul83

Let us know what your thoughts.. I have to wait until the 18th for my to play it. Anyways thank you and hope you like it..

50. sombo66

sombo66 New Member

Personally I think it's the best fishing games on xbox with that said it's not without its faults was disappointed that there seems to be no point in leveling up you dont allocate points you just see your lev by your name, it seems very easy to catch fish also got 3 bass in 4 casts range in size from 5lb to 14 all out up same about of fight but biggest issue is the vibration in the controller way over board on that and I dont see anywhere to turn it off. With that said there was nothing i saw that should not be able to be fixed with a patch or 2. Graphics are awesome as it sits now I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.